Glad to be here. Our family has been riding the dirt for several years. A year or so ago, we decided to pretty much get out of dirt bike riding. Sold most of the bikes and our toyhauler, and bought a nice sportfishing boat. Turns out that most of the family gets seasick. We've always had boats, but smaller ski boats. Our first venture into a good size boat turned out to be less than superb. Meanwhile, the kids still liked taking out the dirt bikes we still had when they could. Family conference, and the decision to get back into riding was made.

We've always played together as a family, and whatever sport the majority wants to do, we do. So, in the past couple weeks our daughter & son in law bought a fifth-wheel toyhauler and truck, as well as a KTM 400EXC and a Kawasaki KLX 250S.

I bought a KTM 450EXC, and got my wife a Kawasaki KLX 250S. We still need to get a couple more bikes for our two sons (17 & 22) who will go with us. Most likely a couple more KTM's. We've also got a couple non-plated bikes; KDX220 & RM125. This time around, we're not going with a toyhauler, but rather a motorhome. I picked up a new 16' enclosed trailer last week, and now we're looking for a nice late model diesel motorhome.

In the past, we've primarily ridden Ocotillo Wells, Cuddeback Lake & Gorman. Having plated bikes interests us very much to expand our riding choices.

I hope we can join in on an SDAR ride soon. Maybe the cool lady who sold us "Peanut" a couple years ago will be there...

Ed

Aaaahhhh! :o Peanut The Bike! :lol: How I miss ol' Peanut. :wub: Glad that you have joined us (as getting seasick is overrated anyway). :good:

The lovely and fair Peanut at Pinnacles. :rolleyes:

156632551-M.jpg

Welcome Ed.....& family. I'm turning 50 soon and open for adoption. I do okay at basic mechanical tasks. :king:

Looking forward to seeing the family out there......and a ride in Gorman sometime - an area on my list to see.

Welcome aboard.. It is great to see families riding together.

Welcome to the club, I hope you guys enjoy dual sport riding as much as I do. Ken

Welcome. There are a few husband and wife teams to ride with on the site. Post up a ride!

Thank you.

Tomorrow we're flying to Portland to pick up a nice motorhome to tow the bikes far and wide. (I like a nice bed and hot shower...) Met a cool guy yesterday; ER doc who lives next door to my daughter & son in law. Has four bikes, and last year rode his V-Strom 650 on a month long loop around the USA. Couple years ago, rode it to Alaska and back; 11,000 miles. Has a Honda 1100 (?) with 160,000 miles that he bought new. Obviously a hard core rider... Can't wait to get out and ride...