From another excellent forum and source of info.....Race Dezert Forums

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

For Further Information, Contact:

Nicole Williams, (615) 383-6431

editor@tennesseepolicy.org

Al Gore's Surprise: After inventing the Internet, Al Gore actually discovered planet Earth. If you don't believe us, just check out the picture that captures his eureka moment, and click on it for more details or simply — Go Here Now .

post-441-1173923215_thumb.jpg

This is an email I got from NewsMax Media. If anyone sees this magazine, please let me know, I can't find it anywhere.

www.newsmax.com/adv/jul06/?s=sp&promo_code=2EB0-1

Barry

Thanks SDLand, I was wondering about some of those questions. I assumed Al did work from home and he probably has a staff there as well. Anybody have figures on what the average American office uses per month? I know for certain any work space uses more energy than its comparable living space.

Sounds like right wing hogwash to me....

Yes, next time I post something like this, I'll check the validity of it first.

Most of the other stuff I know is from reliable sources.

I still can't stand Gore !! :D

Yes, next time I post something like this, I'll check the validity of it first.

Most of the other stuff I know is from reliable sources.

I still can't stand Gore !! :D

Actually I wasn't defending Gore at all. The article is obviously biased, but it wasn't out of line on creating a discussion point. Strip away the explanation that Gore gives and he is still using more energy than he should (by the standards he himself has set).

For example, with as much interest as he has in this topic, he should have outfitted the home with solar already -- instread of having a spokesperson defend "they are in the midst of installing solar panels in their home, which will enable them to use less power." He should be miles ahead of what he expects of others. He knows by now he is not beyond criticism.

Come on now, the man has a perfectly good explination for using all that electricity. Obviously it is the industrial sized shredders that he uses to keep out of trouble that use all the electricity. Zero carbon footprint my ass. :D Ken

I'm not a big fan of Gore either. I just really hate hogwash.

Bookmark Snopes.com

It filters out about 85%... the rest is up to you! Fun to see that a lot of pranks are just rehashed myths that go back to pre-fax days!!