Covered in Dust

Seat Concepts and Wolfman

After testing out my new seat from Seat Concepts on our recent trip to Cabo and back I was very impresses with how little my ass hurt at the end of each day. I think this was due in part the the fact that I used an Enduro Enginnering seat pan for the new seat instead of the stock seat. This gave me about 3 inchs of foam where it was needed most and the extra width of the seat was a great help for long hours in the saddle. With the stock seat I was only good for a day reide in the dez. and with the Enduro Enginnering seat I would be pretty sore after a 3 day ride. But after 10 days on the Seat Concepts I was still feeling ready to go.

The Wolfman luggage was just the right size for me on this trip and really stayed in place well. I carried a sleeping bag and Big Agnus pad and food incase we needed to camp out some nights. If the weather was colder and I needed a bigger bag and a tent I would have needed more storage space, but for a warm weather ride everything was perfect.

Covered in Dust

post-13540-056736400 1289529305_thumb.jp

Is that the rear rack from the gent in EL Cajon? I just bought one of those, Wolfman saddle bags and fender bag. I figure that's good enough for everything but maybe Bar10.

Yes it is the rack from the guy in El Cajon. Had a little problem with the bolts holding it on coming lose on the ride. But other than that it was great and held a pretty heavy tool bag for the ride.

Covered in Dust

Is that the rear rack from the gent in EL Cajon? I just bought one of those, Wolfman saddle bags and fender bag. I figure that's good enough for everything but maybe Bar10.

I "Locktited" them per instructions but it does look a little precarious in terms of what they need to support.

What "guy in El Cajon" is this exactly? I'm about to drop $175.00 for the Tonn Racing Rack made by Michael Tonn back in Ohio I think. It looks to be a great, strong and functional rack but would rather not spend that much dough if I don't have to. Any info on these locally made rear racks? Also, I cant really see the rack in your photo, any chance of getting a better look at it?

Thanks

Here is a link to the guy on ebay. I'm not sure what bike your putting it on but I think he has racks for many different bikes. The rack itself is very sturdy, it's just that the KTM's don't really have a lot of good areas to bolt to. That said I'm pretty sure that if I had used Locktite like I was supposed to I would not have had any problems. The rack still worked fine I just lost a bolt from one side and it sagged a little by the time I got home.

Covered in Dust

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-10-KTM-450-530-EXC-R-Dual-sport-rack-EXCR-EXC-/270649652317?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f03f9f45d

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/2056539592.html

He's on CL again, and will sell direct which eliminates the ebay fees and you get it cheaper. Also, if you have a bike he's looking to add to his line, he uses yours for R&D and it's free. That's how I got the rack for my WR450...which has held up very well with about 5-8 lbs on it on every ride.

I also bought his side racks for my DR650. Very stout, well thought out and you can life the bike with 'em if needed.

If you ride out to his place in Crest, he might even install them.... :)

The Wolfman luggage was just the right size for me on this trip and really stayed in place well.

Thanks for the review Chris.......I know you and Jim think highly of the Wolfman bags.......I may pick up the E10 Saddle bags and the small travel duffle.......my Ortlieb bags have served me well but they're pretty beat up (bottom of right side is ripped out).......I was going to order another set of Ortliebs but they're almost too big at ~47L.......Less is More......the small Wolfmans would suffice for most short trips and the duffle would be good for slightly longer trips or if I have extra "stuff" I feel like bringing along for the heck of it....

I really liked the Wolfman tank bag and it's nice when the zippers are very heavy duty. I was surprised at how much stuff i could get in the tank bag. And I kept the Spot in there the whole ride and it stayed nice and clean and never missed a beat. For my riding in the dez (read aggressive) I probably wouldn't want a tank bag because I like to get way over the bars when I'm at speed. But for adventure rides it can't be beat.

Covered in Dust