Does anybody want to go up with me....Monday, March 19th to Sacramento

Lobby Day in Sacramento LINK

Would be great if a few of us from SDAR could take some time off to show support for our sport !! If you're interested but don't want to pay the $75, then San Diego Adventure Riders will cover your $75 fee for the entire Lobby Day (not including the Legislative Reception).

If this doesn't motivate you to do get involved, any way you can, then I don't know what will !!

Read this......what others are doing FOR US to keep our lands open !! GET INVOLVED !

Contact me if you want to join me in Sacramento...I will be driving up, probably Sunday night because it's a long drive. I may have to skip the March 18th Corral Canyon ride, because this is more important to me, or go ride and then drive up Sunday night ??

Randy (KTMrad)

The Prez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the CORVA website

THE HEIST OF THE GREEN STICKER PROGRAM

2/24/2007

My name is Ed Waldheim, I am 68 years old resident of California City, California. I have been fighting for the rights of off roaders since 1978 when President Nixon signed the executive order to create the California Desert Conservation area.

I have been commissioner two separate times for the OHV program appointed by two different Governors one Republican and one Democrat. I have been CORVA president for 14 years. We have created nine non-profits groups such as Friends of Jawbone, Friends of El Mirage, Friends of Oceano Dunes, Friends of Dumont, Friends of Kern County OHV Parks. Our groups groom trails with rented tractors, quads, rakes, sign trails with our volunteers.

In 2006, I attended 221 meetings (see the calendar of meetings at www.corva.org under calendar) over the years I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles. My five month old Prius now has 24,900 miles on it, no joke.

I do all this for free; I never get paid for anything. CORVA does not have a paid staff and no one gets paid except to get the newsletter out. We have a lobbyist in Washington DC, something no one else has except AMA national office, we have lobbyist in Sacramento and proud to be partners with Ecological group made up of ASA, ORBA, San Diego Off-Road Coalition, D-37 AMA and CORVA to have a full time attorney on staff.

Why this note to you at Truckhaven. Mike Bishop from ACORVA, CTUC and CORVA has agreed to pass these flyers and newsletters out to everyone he can reach to tell you that we are in big trouble. Our OHV program, Green Sticker program has finally been hijacked the Environmental Zealots and do everything in their power to discredit the off road community.

They tried to shut us down in Truckhaven with the CBD lawsuit. The only problem they came across is CORVA who stopped them cold. Go to our March ORIA newsletter or www.corva.org to get the full story.

Today you are having fun in Truckhaven because our attorney on behalf of our 5 partners was able to beat the CBD in court. But that victory will not be long lived unless we keep up our side of the fight. Remember these guys never quit. They want to see us in the Pacific Ocean.

They want to deny you and I our opportunity to ride and recreate. Make no bones about it. We are at war for our very survival of our sport!

The commission has cut all funding for operation and maintenance. No agency received a dollar to fix trails, clean restrooms and many did not get enforcement money.

Our OHV program comes up for reauthorization in Sacramento and bills by the Environmental Zealots are being introduced as we are introducing our bills.

The fight is on.

Now you, the off-road public have to step up and do you part. We at CORVA and other organizations . "We are the vehicle of representation and we need all of you to work on it to make it more powerful. In Sacramento we are of no consequence, for 15 years we get 100 people to come to lobby day. We should have 5000 people; block the streets, the hallways in Capitol Building. In other words we need to make sure that the legislators know that you exist out there .That you are real and that you are passionate about your sport.

Up until now, we are not even on their radar screen, that fact is perfectly clear by the appointments they make to the commission all. They have finally taken over and killed our State of California OHV Program'

Agencies are now trying to figure out how to pay staff to keep areas open. If you think this does not affect you think again.

March 19, 2007 Monday in Sacramento, we need every single person who rides off-road, and who is at Truckhaven this weekend and at the Tierra Del Sol event in Ocotillo Wells to come to Sacramento. Take vacation time, take sick time, car pool to Sacramento, ask your club to pay for your gas, borrow money whatever be there. If you are not there, CORVA and all the other organizations will be hard pressed to save our sport. To date, they have done a good job on us, why?...because of our total apathy to the political process.

Truckhaven was saved this time; but will you be there to help us on the next round with donations, with membership, with manpower to protect your sport?

As of 2-22-07 the CBD filed an 60-day Notice of Intent to Sue claiming that OHV activities at Truckhaven are causing a "take" of Peninsular Bighorn Sheep in violation of Section 9 of the Endangered Species Act. As you can see, they are using "science" to prove their point. I cannot stress enough how important it is that we ramp up on the technical side so that we can challenge their claims. If we don't, consider Truckhaven closed for the indefinite future. This is war. We can either adapt or fight back with equal fire-power; or we can go home and stay there.

We need you in Sacramento, no excuses; we need every single member of clubs, play riders, anyone who recreates in California needs to be in Sacramento.

Join us in Sacramento on March 19, 2007

Registration is on CLORV Website

By the way, if you're interested but don't want to pay the $75, then San Diego Adventure Riders will cover your $75 fee for the entire Lobby Day

I'll have to see how this week goes. I was planning on taking off next Friday also to go work the National (I know, "No Excuses").

By the way, if you're interested but don't want to pay the $75, then San Diego Adventure Riders will cover your $75 fee for the entire Lobby Day (not including the Legislative Reception).

If I get no interest from this board :D , then I will probably fly up Sunday afternoon, since I have a free flight to use on Southwest. Then fly back late Monday night. I am in touch with the officers from District 37 Dualsport, and will be meeting up with them for the entire time, since they are familiar with Lobby Day.

If I get ONE other person interested and cost is an issue, I will cover your plane flight and Lobby Day registration fee, because I feel it's so important to show support !! PM me to discuss further details.

I know it's short notice, and it's the first time I'm attending something this big, but feel it's time to represent SDAR, especially since we have established a name as a club and a Promoter.

Hopefully this will motivate some to think about the next time an important meeting comes along.

Damn Randy,

I am already scheduled to work out of town next week....cant break the contract..... too bad it wasnt closer to Sac. Wish I knew about this a bit earlier since I want to learn how it all works up there and represent/support our gang as well.

Hope you get some company from here but like ya said, Jim, Keith, and the gang from D-37 will all be there too.

THANK YOU for going, though. I'll be looking forward to the report when you get back.

-A

Thanks Aaron.....nobody has to feel bad about not being able to make it, especially on such short notice.....I wasn't aware of it and just got fired up about it when I found out.

Like I said, future involvement and new people getting involved is also a goal.

Randy, I don't have much experience with this... I would really like to show my support... It's really cool what you do for all us riders, and when it comes to show support then it seems some of us hide away... that's not cool.. anyway, I'm not sure I can make it or I'm the right person to go, but I'd least I'll check my schedule for that day and see if I can.. I don't want to talk about excuses... If I can make it I'll P.M. you....

Once again thanks for all you do with this website, and supporting off-roading :D I have been procrastinating, but plan to join CORVA etc... I think I have been involved with SDAR's for almost a year now, and I'm super happy.. :D

Randy, I don't have much experience with this... I would really like to show my support... It's really cool what you do for all us riders, and when it comes to show support then we kind of hide away... that's not cool.. anyway, I'm not sure I can make it or I'm the right person to go, but I'd least I'll check my schedule for that day and see if I can.. I don't want to talk about excuses... If I can make it I'll P.M. you....

Once again thanks for all you do with this website, and supporting off-roading :unsure: I have been procrastinating, but plan to join CORVA etc... I think I have been involved with SDAR's for almost a year now, and I'm super happy.. :D

Thanks for the words and support, Martin.

This event will be new to me also....I've written letters, I donate money often to the groups, I have attended some National Forest meetings and other meetings, and go to some SDORC local meetings, but going to these political functions is all new to me.

The best thing to do is find someone who is familiar with what goes on and hang with them, like I will be doing with either the District 37 or the SDORC people at this one. Just showing support in numbers is all that really matters, and when meeting a representative, you can just say you're all for preserving access to our lands and common sense approach to these issues, not bowing down to the environmentalist groups and proposals. For this event, there is a meeting on Sunday from 4-6pm that will explain what to do and how when meeting an official at the State Capitol. Arnie's office will be open, hopefully he will be there so we can shake his hand. I will check to see if our local representatives from our district will be at the capitol. They like to know when people are coming to see them, after all....we elected them and they represent US !!

Sorry Randy I cant make it this time! Dont think that is a place for a 2 and 4 year old. Damn excuses!

Randy, thanks for the information. I said I did not have experience, it's really the fact that I have not been involved at all with CORVA or nothing... this is all new for me... your website and SDAR have made me more aware of what's going on...

Bum, I felt your comment was a bit aggressive toward me, and felt a little hurt coming from a buddy I rode with in Desert Dash... But if that is the way you trully feel about the issue, then, I do welcome your honesty.

I was shooting for a bit, but not over the top! Felt I was replying in kind.

enjoy meeting other riders, going on rides, supporting the sport and riding areas... but keep my mouth shot on certain topics... Lets just ride and have fun!! :D

Amen

When the topics are presented, it is hard not to comment! I struggle with that myself. Politics, religion, immigration should be somewhere else! Struggle continues!

I was looking for an edit and got it. I have retracted mine. Thank you. Card and Flowers on the way

I struggle with that myself. Politics, religion, immigration should be somewhere else! Struggle continues!

Politics will continue to be posted in the Environmental / Land Use Topic when it pertains to Our Sport.

The only place where the other topics you mentioned are OK is in the Members Only Open Discussion....if you don't like the topic, stay away from it.....that's one reason the M.O. Forum was created.

Back to the original Post of this topic.....I am flying up to Lobby Day Monday morning and will be walking the Halls with other experienced SDORC folks to get a grasp about dealing with our representatives on a one on one basis.

Yeah !! UncleCameron is going to "Walk the Halls" with me this Monday the 19th at Lobby Day in Sacramento.

SDAR is paying for both our flights to go support our sport !!

Hope to have a little write-up and photos when we get back.

Yeah, couldn't make the trip in the uberpig, didn't come together, so road trip next time I guess. Anyway, looking forward to showing support and hopefully getting dualsport more on the map...we could use it.