As a fellow "low flying heavyweight" I applaud your efforts! Looks like fun!

You probably already know this, but applying the throttle before you land makes it a LOT smoother...shut down the throttle and you land like a ton of bricks

Painted Gorge is a fun area... Lots to do.

Hill-climbs, technical terrain, beautiful overlooks and open desert right by.

haha yea i know the throttle thing, never jumped it off a crooked jump before so it took me about 5 or 6 tries to acctually go straight off the lip and land straight, it was hard to go fast up to the lip to get enough air cause it would bottom out so bad at the apex to the entrance but it was fun and this is somewhere out of ocotillo,ca the town, near the s2 kinda.

Nice shots, Where is this? The cliffs in the background of the first picture are calling my name...well, my mountainbikes name anyways...

We were trying to find places to to do a little downhill but all over the dirt is really soft about 6 in below, alot of it has like a hard crust and then sand it was wierd.

We were trying to find places to to do a little downhill but all over the dirt is really soft about 6 in below, alot of it has like a hard crust and then sand it was wierd.

Sounds the dirt where I usually ride in rampage...I could always bring a shovel. Was this spot hard to find? Painted gorge right?

i dont really remember exactly where it is, i followed someone out there, but its outside of ocotillo,ca the town not to far, off of shell canyon road out there, it was off a pretty well graded dirt road almost like a mining access road, but i dont see it labeled anything on google earth.

Second most awesome bike bike I've seen here. The nicest one is my 2004 625 SXC of course. Need to get a set of 48mm forks and much stiffer rear spring, you won't bottom out as much.