christi20

GPS / camera

I saw that.. The camera is Awesome.. I just wonder what format the gps files come out in and if they provide software to manipulate it. If I had the extra $$ I would buy one to check it out.

is it just "registering" where photos and videos are taken??

or does it do tracks, etc too?? i ask, b/c i read it as: "The built-in GPS receiver tracks your location multiple times per second with pinpoint accuracy so you are able to capture your location, speed, and altitude while recording in beautiful hands free HD.

i can't find anything saying it "tracks" while NOT filming...might be missing something tho *shrug* :torch:

B)...some SCARY videos in their video section :wacko:

I doubt the thing performs like a regular GPS, doing tracks, etc.

It is more of a camera.......I think it just tracks while you're filming, as it says.

Imagine the cost of an HD camera, combined with the technology of a Garmin 60csx. I'd think it would be considerably more than the $350 of this unit.

I see that the camera is not on the market yet and they are taking orders. When it does I should be able to get them, one of my vendors carries the Contour brand. I got one of our members here "Jim" a Contour HD . I will keep checking on when I can get it.

Thanks Kelly it will be interesting to see how this thing works.

first, remeber that i am an electronics moron.

that said, this thing looks awesome. I read it as it is NOT a gps unit...but it tracks your location of the pics or video it takes via gps.

so correct me if im wrong, but could you go on a ride, come back and download the memory card, and it will show you the pics/vids of the ride as well as a gps track of where you were only the journey?

so does that mean you could use the now down loaded track on a future ride loaded into your or someone elses gps unit?

this way above my tech tardness, but sure looks cool

so correct me if im wrong, but could you go on a ride, come back and download the memory card, and it will show you the pics/vids of the ride as well as a gps track of where you were only the journey?..................

I'd have to say; YES

... from how it reads, and what I've read on the unit... seems like it does just that.

On this page; it explains a bit more and shows a "track" line at Whistler; http://contour.com/camera/contour_gps

I'm assuming, that it ONLY tracks the cameras location WHEN filming, in record mode.

STORYTELLER is the application for the unit.

With 3hrs of battery runtime, it's not too bad.

My VIO POV1 will record 14hrs, but it's much bigger and bulkier... and won't do 1080P in 60FPS, which is nice!

A 32Gb card should yield 8hrs of record time. Which is nice.

It records in .MOV format. Not the best for us who use video editing programs like "Sony Vegas".

Awesome Camera.

Also very nice touch is the removeable rechargeable battery. So you could have two... one charging in the truck, while you utilize the camera.

If you save an active track, and the time is correct on your camera, you can upload them both to the GPS Mapping site, http://www.DualSportMaps.com and it will place the photo's on the map where they were taken since the photo time will match up with the time on the track. I've been spending a lot of time back and forth with Josh who has created that site and there are MANY more awesome features on the way. We've come up with some awesome integration into my site and the map just keeps getting better and better.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about uploading maps, etc.