Mar 31 at Rancho Melero at Santa Veronica near Tecate Mx. This is an "A" level ride that will test you in the extreme, do not enter this unless you have good race credentials and are in good shape. The cost is $100 and includes meals,the money goes to the local school. Contact Marty 619 448 0029 or Cliff at 619 596 9080

This is an "A" level ride that will test you in the extreme, do not enter this unless you have good race credentials and are in good shape. The cost is $100

Race or Trail Ride ??

This is an "A" level ride that will test you in the extreme, do not enter this unless you have good race credentials and are in good shape. The cost is $100

Race or Trail Ride ??

This is a trail ride, the local equivilent of last man standing[]

This is a trail ride, the local equivilent of last man standing[]

Hmmmm....have they had this before ? If so, have you done it ?

KTM 640 LC4 too big for this ride ??

How about my 950 :angry:

This ride has been held for at least 7 years. It is run on mostly virgin single track and is approx 70 miles,there is a lunch break. I use a KTM 250 smoker on this ride. As an indication of the difficulty level I suggest "A" level or strong "B" level skills. The idea of using a large dual sport bike is a very bad idea un less your name is Malcom Smith or Johnny Campbell. I raced D-37 enduro as an "A" for 15 years, was #1 magnum for a year and I find this to be a difficult ride. Most of the riders will be on KTM's and Honda X's. It's sorta like a fast trials event meant to test expert s skills and endurance. So Randy I'm trying to say a bike with turn signals that weighs more than 260 lbs. is going to ride you.

It's sorta like a fast trials event meant to test expert s skills and endurance. So Randy I'm trying to say a bike with turn signals that weighs more than 260 lbs. is going to ride you.

Yah, too bad, even my 640 is probably a bit big for this ride....I've ridden some of the gnarly stuff around there, and an entire ride of it would be brutal....possibly doable, but not fun.

I need a smaller bike.....maybe a Husky 450 or 510 !! Someday......

This is a fun ride and I agree that a smaller bike is in order. Too much technical and tight stuff for the big bikes. Strong bikes and riders will finish.

I wont make it this year but encourage the ride to those who can to go for it.

DUST WAS A PROBLEM THIS YEAR. THE NEW TRAIL WAS VERY TECHNICAL, I AVERAGED ABOUT 10 MILES AN HOUR ON A 02 250 EXC SMOKER. I'VE RIDDEN EVERY ONE OF THESE AND USED TO RACE THE TECATE 250K ENDURO-THIS IS A FUN EVENT BUT YOU BETTER BE IN SHAPE AND READY TO BOOGIE. CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEARS RIDE!

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/robertaccio/Mexico/2007%20HD%2031MAR07/

old post but for interest here are some photos from this adventure ride,,,our crew missed the lunch/fuel stop trail cutoff, got low on fuel, no water, no food and one flat. we bailed to nearest "town" el testarazo and got replenished, ended up riding @ 95miles that day and got back to the start/finish at dusk. some were not happy, i see it as a teamwork adventure. no injury no foul. my 06 TE450 was a DS legal machine.

I missed this years Hammer Down due to crash damage(sore ribs). Great pictures !!! Thanks. I plan on getting back to Tecate more next winter, after the first rain.

I have been to this event a few times. Yes it thrashes the crap out of you if you haven,t riden this stuff before. For me I have to be mentaly prepared and I still get all beat up.

Great food and the real deal. I was sucking wind after three miles. I have to pratice on some of the trails before the ride to loosen myself up. I hope to do it this year.

I wounder if they are going to do the Death Dome or Doom Dome or whatever ! :(

the dome of death,,,,rode that thing from both directions at different times, on the one ride i ran out of gas about 3/4 up in a really silly steep section of switch backs, got fuel from my ride bud made up and over but ran out again near the lunch and got towed in. not fun being the only husky and getting towed in to that hard crowd.always adventures always good memories. Rode up that beast from the slope side on another ride on a 3 man ride that slope is scary steep. that some good technical riding up there.