motorcyclenut

Neat Digital Movie

When I worked at the Hideout at Lake Henshaw I would listen to the stories and laugh to myself. I would ask what they owned before or how many bikes they have. They would answer, there is no other bike. One day I got so fed up with a guy braggin about how fast his bike was I threw down $ 100.00 and asked for a drag race down to Henshaw Cafe. he said what ya ridin. I pointed out the window at my 1979 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Special, spes II pipes, DG head. He pulled me at the start but by about 200 feet I went screamin by him and he stopped and went back to the bar. Everyone was like - what happened and he wouldnt pay up but his friends did. They all pitched in. They said it was worth it.

Hey they had fuel injection and cable-less controls in the 1920s? Wow I didnt know that. Anyway that is what new Harleys are running.

How many crotch rockets have cable-less controls? Ive seen plenty of crotch rockets that will do 200 miles an hour but not too many that can be ridden 200 miles. :angry: So which of you Harley haters are going to come with me on my next 3000 to 5000 mile trip? :coolio:

I didn't see the movie, but I assume it is making fun of stereotypes...

and the reason people ridicule other types of riders is the stereotypes... I would say most stereotypes are consistant through the years... rickyracers dressed up in leather... dirtbikes in full armor... tourers in aerostitch suits...

these stereotypes are fairly consistant, and have stood the test of time... by people that have embraced their quirkyness and acknowledged that not everybody will ever "get it"

I think the reason for Harley bashing is how far the stereotypical Harley rider has changed through the years... from Wild Ones to Mild Ones... Beer Swilling to Latte Sipping... Law Breakers to Lawyers

I know I have loved motorcycles sinces my first mini-bike and MR50... 1967; even then Harley Riders had an elitist attitude, but in my mind (as a little kid) they WERE real bikers... they worked on their own bikes... they modified them in their garage... and yes, they denounced Jap bikes

fast forward to present day, and you have people buying INTO the lifestyle, without necessarily EARNING it... still fine... just don't belittle other peoples choice in bikes

Which I have heard NUMEROUS times by Harley Riders... granted; not ALL of them by any means... but enough of them. And I can ride circles around ANY of them... just an odd perspective from both sides...

Roger- you ride what you want... nobody that knows you will suggest you are the new typical Harley Rider. I KNOW you don't bash people for their rides... and no... my butt won't last 3000 miles unless I am in a plane

Just don't take Friday Harley Bashing as a personal attack... we love you man!

im with Bob, stereotypes are there for a reason....i do know some really hard riding guys that ride harleys...nothin but love and respect for ANY real riders what ever they ride...but seriously, if anyone thinks that the AVERAGE harley rider today is a serious rider...you are sorely mistaken...

That is a problem with almost any bike tho...you have serious people, and you have guys who just wanna fit in....fit in with whatever group that catches their eye...i have a buddy with a gorgeous 3 yr old bmw r1200GSA with ALL of the good aluminum luggage and engine guards and tid-bit farkles you can buy....but he has about 2500 miles on it and not so much as one dirt road....total waste, but he WANTED to FIT IN with something that LOOKED good to him...

I dont blame people for wanting to fit in....i think it is natural to feel this way...and lets face it not EVERYONE is cut out to ride....so they buy a bike and ride to the bar or latte shop and hang out...

personally, im over the harley "SCENE" so to speak. but i will ride with roger and schwinn and anyone else here who has a HD anyday...i will even ride to a bar....after a nice ride :D

I’m just yankin everyones chain. I ain’t mad. :heh:

I do like to go on long rides, me on my Harley my partner on his Goldwing. And yeah I wave to everyone, even scooters. I was supposed to go on a ride to Canada last month but my pocket book is empty so he had to go without me.

I do have to admit that I am not that fond of sport bikes (crotch rockets) but it is more to do with the actions of some of the sport bike riders. I have been almost run off of the road by bikes on Palomar when they came into my lane (I was all the way to the right, almost in the culvert). :angry2: I have seen too many idiots do stupid thing on rush hour freeway traffic causing accidents. I have seen an idiot go shooting around me when I was riding with my wife on a curve. The next curve up I found him in a pole fence with his front wheel laying across the street. :wacko:

The closest I have to a sport bike is my KTM 990 and realistically that bike is too fast for me. But I can ride it for 200 miles. Anybody want to buy it? :coolio:

How many crotch rockets have cable-less controls? I’ve seen plenty of crotch rockets that will do 200 miles an hour but not too many that can be ridden 200 miles. :angry: So which of you Harley haters are going to come with me on my next 3000 to 5000 mile trip? :coolio:

If I have time off, I'll join you with my Yamaha 600 on your next trip. It has cables and carbs, POS!

The movie was funny....."It's got Screamin' Eagle cams!"