Bagstr

Losing My Grip

Broke In a new set of MT41s today. After two sets of MT43s they are a step backward in terms of traction on hard and rocky surfaces. But we knew that didn't we. So why did I make the change?? Winter brings Sand. As of today, no one has suggested the Trials treads work in the sand. Well, except one character who rides small displacement motos...everywhere.

1026503052_qWxtb-L.jpg

Did a few short miles near Pioneer Mail Trailhead to get the Old feeling back before a trip to the mountains of central Nevada. Report is deep sand and or silt. Didn't want to experiment with trials tire in a new area.

To the point - On the hard two track, it feels like I've Lost 20-25% of the traction to which I have become accustomed. Lot more steering going on from the rear! I.E. early breaking loose. I can tell at some point a side by side Sand Traction Test is in the offing.

1026503178_xhZym-L.jpg

If and when the MT43 becomes acceptable in the sand, it would be the perfect tire. Until then, it's Winter or Summer decisions.

I don't think the MT43 is as bad in sand as I thought it would be... just have to keep the speeds UP

but... it really is still not very good... I thought it was going to be unridable, and it is just "a challenge"

That being said... that tire doesn't look like that great of a sand tire either...

but... I ride a 250

I use a Dunlop 803(6LBS) at McCains and it works great. I have used the MT43 and you need low pressure to get the same performance, 5lbs.

ugh i hated the mt41 ran it for one ride and gave it away, of course that was on my 450 so maybe the beast will do better???? I felt it was horrible offroad for my style, almost as bad as the 606 by dunlop

bagstr, pirelli seems to makes good tires in general. i haven't tried either of those. i like xcmh fronts. the trial tire looks scary its so flat, how can you turn :dead:

lets go ride to coyote mountain with those new knobbies next month what do you say?

Ugh, Tire Tread. I should have known better!

The issue with me is Trials vs all other tires. Not brand wars.

With the 300+lb bike I am dealing with an obvious true Dual Sport, not a race bike.

Hey, it is all a learning experience for me, and fun to try to tell the difference between tire patterns.

Tooth Puller,

Coyote Mtn will be fun. Went up there last season with Rad and his pals. Never found the Top-Top. Looks like a few different approaches.

October, when it has cooled +1. You and B have done some serious exploration. I would enjoy learning the Way of the Masters.

739682556_GFWWf-L.jpg