klxguy

Bought a real bike

this is going to be confusing... we'll have to screw up a whole new screen name for you!

PM carguy for a new screen name; and make this one a little more catchy, will you? realbike or something

welcome back; see you on a real ride soon.

Anybody have any ideas for the initial suspension settings?

put the clickers to stock setting and ride it if you are between 160-180lbs it should be really good.

klx/ktm/guy...do you know how to properly set sag, and check it for spring weight to your weight?

25mm initial static sag, and 105-110 rider sag in full gear. then set the shock AND fork to stock settings as dezxer said, then go from there harder or softer, slower or quicker...NO MORE than 2 clicks at a time and document each click.

read up real good in the book on what the do and what direction to turn for faster/softer or harder/slower etc... and this bike has a high and low speed setting on the shock compression, really read up on that and what it does, it is all in your book.

also remember it's going to take a few ride for the suspension to break in as well................. get a bigger tank you are gonna need it cause you are not going to want to stop.

hey klx/ktm guy...i have the full SHOP manual on PDF i can send you if you want to PM me with your email.

it is not just the service manual that comes with the bike but the FULL shop manual with full engine and suspension rebuilding stuff in it

Nice lookin bike Josh, like Crawdaddy said, skid plate, brush guards, steering damper, and you're all set to tear it up!

Nice lookin bike Josh, like Crawdaddy said, skid plate, brush guards, steering damper, BLACK PAINT and you're all set to tear it up!

Fixed it for you.

We have matching bikes. I even have the same graphics.

And I thought I was being original