OK about 7 weeks out. Time to start firming up the details. Who's in? Tree, Javi, Tin Man, Tin Man's neighbor, Mike, firematt, firematt's brother??, erw2004, John79???, slagnado??? possibly 10 on bikes so far.

Just to confirm Tree, I am 100% in for the ride and my brother Bill is @ 75%. Is there any new development on the chase vehicle?

Slagnado, and Christi I hope you ladys can make it, it is beatiful place,,,

Me too. I've been there many times. It is so peaceful. Still unsure on my race plans for that weekend though.

Is this ride big bike friendly IE BMW R1200GS with knobbies or the terrain is too difficult for a large bike to navigate in. I was part of the group that went to Mike Sky Rancho few weeks ago and learn quiet a bit about riding a big bike in Baja. I crashed four times in the sand but that is because I did not have knobbies and like an idiot my bike was heavy with side cases full which made it extremely difficult to ride in the sand but I did manage to bring back the bike in one piece, I have been riding two wheels for more than 30 years but the R1200GS made me look like a kid in 8 grade that can't count 1 to 10 with those tourance tires, the first thing I did on Monday after we come back was order knobbies by the way :-).

I had fun met a lot of people correction a lot of great people during my ride and would love to do it again.

last ride we did to erendira, I had problem from 3 hermanos to Uruapan (pedregoso y la lagrima) with my 650,,about 10 miles . I dehydrated,,, I think I was not enought prepared for this ride. other and that, everyting was easy,,,,san quintin ride I dont see any dificult terrain,all away, to Mikes.....we not going to cut from el coyote, so make it easy..

last ride we did to erendira, I had problem from 3 hermanos to Uruapan (pedregoso y la lagrima) with my 650,,about 10 miles . I dehydrated,,, I think I was not enought prepared for this ride. other and that, everyting was easy,,,,san quintin ride I dont see any dificult terrain,all away, to Mikes.....we not going to cut from el coyote, so make it easy..

Javi,

Are you ansewring my question with these comments? What is everyone else riding down there?

Hey Driss, it's Eric. I'm not exactly sure of the route Tree is planning to take, but if the departure point is Tecate and the route goes through Uruapan, via Pedregoso & La Lagrima, you cannot make it on your GS-1200.

There is a great alternative however. After going through Uruapan, the above route then goes to Santo Tomas and connects to a coastal trail that your bike is capable of handling all the way to San Quintin. Remember that coastal trails are sometimes defined by sand, but if my memory serves me correctly, it never gets too brutal. Your solution would be to meet the group at the Pemex station in Santo Tomas. That would mean a very comfortable ride from TJ down the toll road to Ensenada, then Hwy 1 to Santo Tomas (all pavement).

Hope that helps amigo. -Eric

Javi,

Are you ansewring my question with these comments? What is everyone else riding down there?

530 and 450

Javi,

I am riding an XT225. I will most likely meet you at the first stop. I may heading down there earlier.

Yeah the most brutal section is from Ojos to Uruapan. That would not be fun on a big bike but at ojos you could follow the chase truck up to ensanada and down to Urupan where we plan to stop for a little lunch. Or as mentioned bypass compadre all together and meet us up at the lunch stop. Everything else is pretty mellow but I'll be on a 540 KTM EXC so my idea of easy and yours maybe a little different. Either way the chase truck will be meeting us a select points and you could always follow them if it became too much.

Hey fellas (and Christi)....

So, what are your confirmed dates for the ride (26-29)? Is it invite only?!

... if Janke is going, I'd be down to go (someone I know, and can harass - LOL)

And if you have a chase, it's the only way I'd go (for safety/medical reasons). For me, no chase=no go.

... if Janke is going, I'd be down to go (someone I know, and can harass - LOL)

Sorry Johnny- you'll have to harass big Duane instead, good luck with that!heh.gif

I can't get Monday off work, I have negative 16 vacation hours after the honeymoon.sad.gif

This is a great group though, you'll have an excellent time. I look forward to the spring trip next year.

Dont worry John we will make another trip as soon as you have enough time to cover a day...

Me (on my XR400) and my girlfriend Kerri on her YZ250f are down with this trip. When are you guys meetin' up before crossing the border @ Tecate? Should we book our room @Coyote Cal's for Friday night?

No we dont have to book in coyote, the only place we need to book up is en jardines ( san Quintin) but Im going to call week before the ride, I allready book for 12 people, but I will comfirm how many and what type of room we needs.

Im in,,, we have chase truck, but we dont hav driver,, :( yet. Im going to take ojos negros, ensenada highway, follow me chase truck, and we will meet at acambaros restaurand in uruapan,,,the rest of the group....

Like Javi said we have the chase truck but have not firmed up the driver yet. Matt- did you have someone that wanted to drive? I anyone wants the gps info pm me your e-mail address if you have mapsource for Garmin.

ok so so far we are, Me,Tree,Tim,Mike,Ralf,Christi20,FireMatt + 2,Slagnado,Pach,Kerri, Eric ,Johnnyairtime. (14) may be Robert, whos else, do I missing some body?

Still working on a driver Tree, but its not looking good.. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Im still lookin for a driver too,if we can not find driver, no problem we take the truck anyways, I will drive the truck, but I will still take my bike so we can take turns, is long bed truck, will fit a bike plus lots of bag packs, what you guys think?

Sounds like a plan Javi.. I will keep bugging my guy to go but he is still not sure. Also has anyone called down to Mike's yet to let him know we are coming?? I know he likes to know in advance. I can do it if no one has yet....?

I will call next week, but he allready knows, like coyote cals and jardines, but we need to make confirmation as soon as we know how many people we going,,