Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

14-15AUG any DS local SD rides

ready to do more with the TE610. Anyone going local (off the 8) somewhere?

sat mcCain valley in the day use zone, brux truck with older 610 husky. will park in the Colby and Al zone.

will park in the Colby and Al zone.

Heehee...Colby and Al zone....I will be joining them for some rock hopping sometime soon. :rolleyes:

I love those gentlemen they are like clockwork on saturday. Al can barely even walk but he gets on the Montesa and tools around, and Colby is always so enthusiastic and is a real adventure guy, he likes aerial toys too.

I just need to ride the big husky around (easy like if that is possible for me)and learn the start technique with heat and altitude.

I went out last Sunday (and broke the front wheel on my TXT), and the weather was quite delightful, considering that it's August now and we ought to be roasting in hell out there at this time of year normally. Was barely any warmer than the weather up at Troy Meadows last month, and when the breeze blew it was actually rather cool.

I went out last Sunday (and broke the front wheel on my TXT),

Whoa!! how the heck did that happen?? loose spokes??? or was it your basic rim taco smash the rock type thing

weather last week was only high 80s and was breezy,, great stuff for this time!! but this year offshore fishing sucks!!!!!last year it was dorado and albacore central!!

sat mcCain valley in the day use zone, brux truck with older 610 husky. will park in the Colby and Al zone.

time?

I went out last Sunday (and broke the front wheel on my TXT),

Whoa!! how the heck did that happen?? loose spokes??? or was it your basic rim taco smash the rock type thing?

When I came back to the staging area, there was a strange fracture running diagnally on the rim.

The bike had some loose spokes on the front wheel (naughty former owner :rolleyes::lol:), but I think it was just due to the amount of hits the front wheel has taken over time and the design of the rim which is a Morad. This is a very lightweight design made from a double laminate process. Because of this, only one of the six cracks (two of which were typically at the weld) I found were on the outside surface of the rim. I removed the wheel, put it up in a press to get all the really big dings out of it and then took it to a good welder.

good stuff glad it can be repaired. still not 100% happy with the 610, got some good time on it, but it also died a bunch of times. ALthough she always restarted, Back into the carb I go.

good stuff glad it can be repaired. still not 100% happy with the 610, got some good time on it, but it also died a bunch of times. ALthough she always restarted, Back into the carb I go.

robert I saw you driving down my street (cowles mnt blvd) last weekend with the honda 250 attached to the brux truck. I waved, but you had tunnel vision. You have friends in the neighborhood?

brad spaugh

robert I saw you driving down my street (cowles mnt blvd) last weekend with the honda 250 attached to the brux truck. I waved, but you had tunnel vision. You have friends in the neighborhood?

brad spaugh

Hey Brad,, man on a mission!!tunnel vision/race face ha!! That was a friends CRF250 that I was selling for him,he lives in your neighborhood over there, SDARs own Chief Gunner now is the proud owner.

Hey Brad,, man on a mission!!tunnel vision/race face ha!! That was a friends CRF250 that I was selling for him,he lives in your neighborhood over there, SDARs own Chief Gunner now is the proud owner.

the CR500 was too much? haha Well, I'm still riding through summer. I am starting 30+ and am very excited and motivated to ride hard for the next 4 weeks. I didn't get out this weekend, but if you post another one for that area I will show up.

????? tried clearing the big girl out, did one small downhill bump start try, and gave up and towed er in.(it was hot in the open. Probably should have tried for a tow start.

At that time for the bike tow and even starting the Husky was working well, but then she kept on dying as you guys saw as i cruised down the road. I had moments of happy and wtf all day long, with lots of mix screw and idle speed adjustments.

brad spaugh

Small world, didn't know so many SDAR riders lived in this area. I'm a couple blocks off Cowles Mtn on Hudson Drive