Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

2011 Husqvarna 449,511

that is almost exactly how my ktm 530 exhaust is and it didnt even come with that little heat sheild at the collector point at the head of the muffler

notice the exhaust gas sensor, next comes the cat and then smog tests for us all :rolleyes:

notice the exhaust gas sensor, next comes the cat and then smog tests for us all :rolleyes:

there are all ready a number of bikes with catalytic convertors on them, including some Husky models........next stop as you said, smog

I rode the 2011 TXC511 last week.

This is my take, nothing revolutionary or odd feeling than the "standard" motorcycle. The coax swingarm arrangement does give an ATK feel (planted rear without squat)and high in the stroke smoothness under acceleration over choppy stuff. The bike seems to be riding high in its stroke (this one has been set up for a Nat pro H&H racer)at both ends. The machine exhibits alot of front end weighting upon decel and backshifting from hi speed. This is nothing alarming its a matter of getting used to the machines chassis character. I think the rear end design leverages the chassis more and gives alot of front bias. This will most likely be a plus for tight trails and enduro for carving trails. The bike is super hi tech looking and is packaged very tightly, not much of any "air" space under the seat and around the motor. The motor is seamless and has no FI weirdness, it just pulls clean from any throttle position (BMW influence). The seat is amazing as far as positioning from front to rear, as usual for sit down riders the Euro seat is hard, for me its normal and perfect. The plastics are super star wars/angular and severe with the Husky emblem not only impreg graphic but also molded as a badge into the fender. Bars are standard fat bars and controls are the Husky top line sourced stuff. It has no kick starter but neither do any race vehicles other than bikes.

MY BIGGEST THOUGHT IS THAT THE NEW TE449 /511 Family will easily be the best mid (STD) size DS bikes on the road/trail. These things are very refined and super clean looking,In the TE range as DS bikes these things be on the box in any shoot out. If anyone has any question about the engine itself look at Dakar (BMW) and at all the great finishes in extreme enduros for last couple of years that the first gen BMW G450 has had as well as Juha's E2 bike in the WEC. This is the Husky refined/evolved/hopped up version of the BMW G450 motor packaged in a all new Husky Italian chassis.

Note ZipTy Husky's Burson and Kamo had a basically stock 511 up to second place in the parker 250 BITD race for its racing debut with minimal dez race development and pilot seat time (they had fuel issues, as in not enough)

Oh yeah top speed with OEM gearing is in the low to mid 90s.....

I rode the 2011 TXC511 last week.

This is my take, nothing revolutionary or odd feeling than the "standard" motorcycle. The coax swingarm arrangement does give an ATK feel (planted rear without squat)and high in the stroke smoothness under acceleration over choppy stuff. The bike seems to be riding high in its stroke (this one has been set up for a Nat pro H&H racer)at both ends. The machine exhibits alot of front end weighting upon decel and backshifting from hi speed. This is nothing alarming its a matter of getting used to the machines chassis character. I think the rear end design leverages the chassis more and gives alot of front bias. This will most likely be a plus for tight trails and enduro for carving trails. The bike is super hi tech looking and is packaged very tightly, not much of any "air" space under the seat and around the motor. The motor is seamless and has no FI weirdness, it just pulls clean from any throttle position (BMW influence). The seat is amazing as far as positioning from front to rear, as usual for sit down riders the Euro seat is hard, for me its normal and perfect. The plastics are super star wars/angular and severe with the Husky emblem not only impreg graphic but also molded as a badge into the fender. Bars are standard fat bars and controls are the Husky top line sourced stuff. It has no kick starter but neither do any race vehicles other than bikes.

MY BIGGEST THOUGHT IS THAT THE NEW TE449 /511 Family will easily be the best mid (STD) size DS bikes on the road/trail. These things are very refined and super clean looking,In the TE range as DS bikes these things be on the box in any shoot out. If anyone has any question about the engine itself look at Dakar (BMW) and at all the great finishes in extreme enduros for last couple of years that the first gen BMW G450 has had as well as Juha's E2 bike in the WEC. This is the Husky refined/evolved/hopped up version of the BMW G450 motor packaged in a all new Husky Italian chassis.

Note ZipTy Husky's Burson and Kamo had a basically stock 511 up to second place in the parker 250 BITD race for its racing debut with minimal dez race development and pilot seat time (they had fuel issues, as in not enough)

Oh yeah top speed with OEM gearing is in the low to mid 90s.....

Robert

How would you compare to an 11 ktm 450/530? What does it do different or better than?? I know it got FI so i take that as a plus. Whats the after-market parts scene like? I am shorter is this bike taller than my ktm? I love the look and am very interested in the TE so any input would be a plus since i have not found one to ride yet.

Brian

they really did some major changes. the bmw gear box sounds better for me personally and the gas cap at the rear of the seat, the up side down linkage. Hopefully this efi system can kick start with a dead battery. I've been with a couple efi husky riders with dead batteries and kick starter no worky. the bmw motor made in taiwan thing is a sad day for the germans\italians. they got kamo on it, that will be a real acid test for 2011 husky.

Robert

How would you compare to an 11 ktm 450/530? What does it do different or better than?? I know it got FI so i take that as a plus. Whats the after-market parts scene like? I am shorter is this bike taller than my ktm? I love the look and am very interested in the TE so any input would be a plus since i have not found one to ride yet.

Brian

I have not ridden 2011 KTMs linkage or non link bikes yet for comparo.

Please remember my 511 ride was about a 15-20 min ride and I stayed only in the open whoop and sand wash zone. The FI felt really good to me and I purposly lugged higher gears with open throttle and she pulled cleanly. This bike has no hit at all it just pulls and pulls it had really usable power and lots of it. Everything felt "normal" nothing weird with the new design chassis. The only to get used to is the front wheel loading under decel, that is more pronounced than on any other bike I have ridden, smooth throttle and back shifts and just plain getting used to it and using it to advantage will be needed (again its nothing crazy or wacky just a little different). The rear set up with the "coaxial" swingarm/CS is great (like my old ATK) at keeping the rear high in the stroke and not getting hard and deflecting under acceleration over choppy/rocky stuff, you stay more controlled from the rear. The bike is TALL or at least feel like it is.

IMHO I believe the BMW designed Husqvarna engineering hopped up KYMCO built motor is a really good powerplant and just a sign of the international trade times (for cost effectivity). For those that have issues with the Made in Taiwan (not mainland) thing check out Taiwan's KYMCO they are a worldwide player in the 2 wheel industry and and ISO facility.

Brad, the new 499/511 dont have kick starters.....its hard for us(me) to get past this concept however no other vehicles anywhere really have manual starting anyway with some exceptions being MotoGP/WSB and some race cars.

Robert

Brian

I have not ridden 2011 KTMs linkage or non link bikes yet for comparo.

Please remember my 511 ride was about a 15-20 min ride and I stayed only in the open whoop and sand wash zone. The FI felt really good to me and I purposly lugged higher gears with open throttle and she pulled cleanly. This bike has no hit at all it just pulls and pulls it had really usable power and lots of it. Everything felt "normal" nothing weird with the new design chassis. The only to get used to is the front wheel loading under decel, that is more pronounced than on any other bike I have ridden, smooth throttle and back shifts and just plain getting used to it and using it to advantage will be needed (again its nothing crazy or wacky just a little different). The rear set up with the "coaxial" swingarm/CS is great (like my old ATK) at keeping the rear high in the stroke and not getting hard and deflecting under acceleration over choppy/rocky stuff, you stay more controlled from the rear. The bike is TALL or at least feel like it is.

IMHO I believe the BMW designed Husqvarna engineering hopped up KYMCO built motor is a really good powerplant and just a sign of the international trade times (for cost effectivity). For those that have issues with the Made in Taiwan (not mainland) thing check out Taiwan's KYMCO they are a worldwide player in the 2 wheel industry and and ISO facility.

Brad, the new 499/511 dont have kick starters.....its hard for us(me) to get past this concept however no other vehicles anywhere really have manual starting anyway with some exceptions being MotoGP/WSB and some race cars.

yes the taiwan thing is a bit scary for me personally. I'm sure KTM is next in line. I think they may already be making some of their non dirt bike stuff in India. If kamo can place in the top 3 with this bike and not blow it up in any races this year, that is all the QC data I need. maybe the KTM that caught on fire scared him into signing up with Husky? :torch: