Audible

94 Suzuki DR350

Morning,

Buddies 94 DR350 has been sitting for ~2 years and has ~5,000 miles on it. Put new plug in and fired up with combo of old and some new fuel in it. Will fast idle with choke pulled to 1st click, but will dye if turn choke off. Run up to 3000rpm and hold= will: rrrruuunnnn-pop-rrrrruuunnnn-pop...etc

Current set up is: stock head pipe with Yosh muffler; open airbox and filter in trash (yes air box cleaned and free of dirt), new plug (what is proper gap?).

Thanks guys :lol:

Clean the jets, particularly the pilot circuit of the carb.

Same old drill-

Drain the gas, drain the oil...put in fresh both

Clean air filter

Pull the carb, and "at least" clean all the jets...lots of details on how to do that on thumpertalk or search on this site

Check the air boot for holes and make sure the exhaust connection to the engine is tight

Same old drill-

Drain the gas, drain the oil...put in fresh both

Clean air filter

Pull the carb, and "at least" clean all the jets...lots of details on how to do that on thumpertalk or search on this site

Check the air boot for holes and make sure the exhaust connection to the engine is tight

+1 with bikeslut.

Might want to get a new filter, foam filters kinda deteriorate after sitting a couple years.

Did I read correctly that you are running just an airbox without a filter to try to start it? If that's the case, it will be running too lean to idle with the choke in.

needs a good carb clean that all....people often clean just the jets, but there are little venturi's that connect the bowl to the throat and choke to the throat etc... those all HAVE to be clear to run and idle properly and sometimes they can be a bear to clean out thoroughly

spark plug number and gap???? B)

Bike is proving to have many little issues. Needs speedo, there's a small air gap near the drain tube of the boot between the carb and airbox, the airbox has been drilled with many holes (virtually no air box), the top of the spark plug seat was dirty, the airbox was very dirty, the air filter crumbled when I went to clean it (bought the guy a new air filter), needs at least one turn signal and a new flasher unit, and the carb cleaned, the chain needs servicing badly, etc.

I think I'll wait for a bike that doesn't need so much ...

Until then, still two wheels too many (I rode the lone quad on this year's Bar 10).

Thanks for everyone's input/help :)

I had a '94 DR 350, my first dualsport/dirt bike ever.

Great bike.

Like everyone said, pull the carb off, take it apart, even pull the pilot jet, that usually plugged up with old gas residue.

I don't recall the plug and gap, it's been a long time since I had it.....got rid of the shop manual when I sold it.

Here's a good article on carbs.........

CARB Article