stefano

New members !

Hi guys !!! this is Stefano , I'm Italian and I'm just arriving in San Diego last september 2006.

I will stay in San Diego 2 years for study more english and take the Marketing certificate program at ucsd university .

I have a lot of passion on Enduro ... I did motocross for 7 years and after that I took some race in Italian championship of enduro , first on 250cc (2 stroke Honda cre) and after (450 KTM 4 stroke) ...... right now I miss a lot ride but it's hard for me to understand how work here in California (where going , with who, which kind of bike buy to have fun.................)

Unfurtunatly I don't have a lot of friends to share some idea about it and give me some advise ....so last weekend I been in NCY dealer in San Marcos and they give me your website ....

I really like all the runs you guys doing congratulation !!!! and I'm so happy to know there is something like this in San diego !!!!

Now my point is I would like to know more about your club and how it work .....I will buy a motorcycles soon but my budget is kind of low so I need to figure out well ..... in the same time I don't have the truck( pick up) to carry my bike everywhere so that can be a problem, but I will figure out too....

In the last year I was in Italy I was ridding BMW 1200 adventure and KTM 950 adventure .... I like the big motor !!!! are really heavy bike but so much fun because you can use that in all of most the situations in the street and in a hard enduro ( if you are good !!!!!!!)

I would like to buy something like this so I can use everydays too for go to university but here are kind of expencive so probably I will looking for some use Suzuki drz 400 or honda xr 600 street legal ....

Thank you for your attention !!!!!!!

and I hope soon meet all of you with my bike so we can ride together !!!

Stefano :D

the bike attached is the bike of my dream I ride this bike for 1 hour in the truck in Italy and I fell in love !!!

sorry if my english is not perfect but I just arrived 5 months ago :D

post-650-1172022253_thumb.jpg

Welcome Stefano, hope you get a bike soon so we can show you around San Diego County.

Welcome Stephano! I have a son with the German version of your name, Stephan, who attends collebe in San Francisco. You'll meet lots of great guys here on this site. Riding in this area is pretty limited... Lots of area in the desert (east on Interstate 8), lots of riding in Mexico, but around the county it's all about going for the dual sport. I have a friend who was selling an XR400 pretty cheap (about $1,400), let me know if you're interested. Your English is a heck of a lot better than my Italian :D so stick with it.

Get yourself a bike and let's ride!

Rob

Hi Rob, thank you so much !!!!!! I'm sure gonna be really fun ride around here in CA !!!! I really would like to have some pictures if you can contact your friend about the xr 400 I would really appriciate ..... ( i'm looking street legal.....) my email address is steve@cool1.it .

Thank you and see you soon !!!! :huh:

Stefano

Hi Stefano and welcome to SDAR!!

I ride an italian bike (husqvarna TE450), well as you probably know the Italian company CAGIVA bought out Husqvarna from Sweeden..

Good luck with purchasing your bike... as others comment, it is probably a good idea to have a street legal (plated) bike so you have more options in San Diego area.. Off-road bikes have to go to OHV parks and those are limitted..

I'm a Mexican born and raised, with heritage from Sweeden from my father's side and Italy from my mother's side.. English is also my second language, but I have been in S.D. for many years now.. I'm looking forward to go riding with you when you get your bike..

Hey ,Martin !! nice to meet you ! i know husqvarna is a nice bike but myself I had a bad experience ..... I had 610 cc supermoto for ride in the street but it had a lot of problem (oil all over ) !!! but was really fun !!!

In my experience japan motorcycles like ( honda ,suzuki kawasaki ) are the best !!!! .

I love the german bike too like bmw and ktm ... bouth are really nice bike really well done ....

bmw hp2 is the bike of my dream !!!!

right now I look for a bike to start to ride with you but my budget is really low .... I need to pay university rent .............................. and my extra so I'm looking for a nice xr 600 honda street legal !!!!

hope I will find the right one soon !!!!

nice to meet you again and see you soon :huh:

Stefano

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey stifano I look forward to meeting and riding with you XR 600 great bike I ride one also because I used to work at Competition Cycles in san Clemente KTM and Husky shop Many bad and expensive experiances. I would ride a BMW though. But not in the dirt.

hey Hammerin Hammon, nice to meet you too!!! i'm looking forward to meeting and riding with you too !!!!

I want ask you some informations i'm not familiar here in California .... about the bike I'm gonna buy ......

The model I'm looking for is the xr 600 honda but I wolud like to find the street legal and it is kind of hard ....

I find a lot of xrl 650 street legal but I don't like because doesn't look really off road ... I try to explane you better :

If I'm gonna buy the xrl 650 I need to spend a lot of money to put in they way I want .... example:

-tires

-tank

-rear lights and turn signal ( I totaly don't like )

I like the xr 600 version is more agressive (racing !!!) but I cannot find street legal !!!!

I hear about the baja kit but I don't know nothing about it ...... probably if you work in a shop you know more about it !!!!

I find this bike take a lot down here the link :

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/mcy/282639397.html

this one look good:

street legal

nice price ........

What you think ???

let me know

Thank you so much !!!! and sorry for disturbing you !!!! :huh:

Stefano

Stefano - Also try looking at the Cycler Trader online:

http://www.cycletrader.com/adsearch.html

Enter "Street Legal" or "Ca. Plate" or (?) in the "keyword box" in your search criteria and it'll bring up misc. street legal Honda's, KTM's, Suzuki's, Yamaha's, etc

Here are a couple of older/cheaper Honda XR600's I came across using the approach noted above (assuming that's your bike of choice?):

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/1/87795421.htm

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/1/86629421.htm

Hi , nice to meet you too !!! thank you for your suggest !!! I will try in that way too .....

See you soon riding together !!!! :D

Stefano

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hi SteFano I would buy it Great deal awsome bike realy fast I am waiting for the Honda CR650X Just like the 450x with a 650 race Motor. I rode a 450R thtat was stock and wasnt impressed much but I think a CR650X with mild engine mods and C12 race gas would be unreal.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I dont know but have heard it could have F.I. and duel pipes so it will be fast ang quiet. I am waiting paitiently. I want a bike between my XR650l and my CR 500 2 stroke. Team Honda won both the Baja 500 and the 1000 on a works CR 450x. If they build a 650 x it would probably be faster than the bike they raced. Stefano go to service honda.com and check out the CR 500 AF Thats my favorite bike. What do you think. Sick Ya.

Hi Stefano,

I like the Honda XR650 R but apparently it's hard to get a plated one... If you can get one, that would be great.. I personally had a bad experience with a brand new Honda CRF 150 (first year they came out). I got it for Christmas for my son, and that bike was super heavy and so difficult to start, especially when cold.. I kept on cranking it, even half hour.. I took it many times to the shop to adjust the carburator etc.. but nothing worked... It was just too frustrating.. I was disappointed because I got a Honda due to its reputation, but their first model CRF was not good at all... many times it would leave me in the middle of a trail at Corral Canyon unable to start it... I understand that the new CRF150 is electric start and has a new motor (so I probably got a poor design). Anyway, if I would get a Honda, it would probably be a plated XR650 R... As far as my Husky, like you say it is a lot of fun! Due to it's high performance motor, I am taking a risk, but so far it has been good... Mostly I got it because they were the first real dirt bikes that came plated out of a dealership in the U.S. Now, KTM followed up and are doing the same... by the way, I used to have a two stroke KTM 300 EXC (02) that was the most fun bike I ever owned (I sold it to buy the plated husky), the the husky is pretty close and is plated. Anyway, hope you get your bike soon!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hi Stefano I checked out the 650 R like I said I would or you should buy it I spent alot of money to make my 650L faster. And you cant plate a CR 500 anymore unless you buy a service Honda 11 thousand dollars. The drawback with the 650R is no e start. If you stall on a steep hard tecnical climb you will wish you had e start for 950.00 Baja D makes one but its ugly. Craig Ride your play bike race your race bike. Are we raceing or riding for the long haul.

hey , i went to see the bike you mean it is really nice and I think need to be lot of fast too !! but I see the price and is kind of expencive for that bike $ 8999,00 ?!!!!!! anyway is nice !!!!

see you soon :D

Stefano

Hello Stefano,

Welcome to the USA. My oldest son graduated from UCSD two years ago hope you enjoy your stay there.

Have you thought about buying an American bike? This one looks like it might go for a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-2000-...tem150095678605

All top end components, service and parts pretty easily available (in so Cal at least).

Hope to see you on the trail

Wayne

Thank you wayne ! nice to meet you too !!!

nice bike ......but i'm looking for xr 650r honda .....

probably I all ready find the right one !!! :ph34r:

Soon we gonna ride together !!!!

Thank you anyway , good luck on your sale

Stefano

Make sure you find one that is already plated in CA. You probably never be able to get one plated that is not already done. Ken

Make sure you find one that is already plated in CA. You probably never be able to get one plated that is not already done. Ken

hi Ken ,

nice to met you !! I find a lot of xr 650 r street legal is kind of easy .... I just need to choose now !!

but soon I will be ride with you guys !!!!

here some

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/mcy/287266829.html

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/mcy/287227610.html

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/mcy/287210883.html

and more and more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye bye

Stefano :ph34r:

Hello Stefano,

Those 3 bikes from Craigslist you posted are fine but only the last one seems to be plated. If you buy a bike without the plate and try ot get one, it can be a headache these days and you risk getting it yanked down the road. There is a ton of info on this subject over at Thumper Talk.

If you can find a XR650R that you like and is plated (but prior to the 04 cut-off date) jump on it. You mentioned $ issues and also interest in a XR600 and there is a great bike that can be found plated and

pretty cheap still.

I ride a plated XR650R and will never let it go. Too much fun.

Stefano, welcome aboard!

If you are looking for a XR600, there is a nice one on Craigs list(Not Plated) that I would but if I had the $$

Craigs list