Guest Hammerin Hammon

Adventures of cool rad bro 3-25-07

I am thinking about changing the date but its not like you guys are pro and racing supercross, If it was I would change the date and come watch. I was inspired by Pyro last weekend I now want to ride from Carlsbad to Thomas Mountain and include Calaveras, super narlo bleep bleep trails to the 15 and 78 up Nate Harrison to Lake Henshaw to the top of Awanga Down the 6 mile downhill. Then trail blaze to the top of Thomas Mountain. The ride home will be as much dirt as posible as time and daylight perrmit.the ride will have many bail out points and alternative easy routes. I want to leave my house at around 7 bec ause this is a long ride but tottaly doiable. B)Fo those of you racers you can catch us on the next one. :ph34r::lol:

This seems like it will be a blast. I'd really like to join in, probably start from somewhere on the 15 or around Nate Harrison...Can't do the weekend of the 17-18th. If you decide to go with the original date, I'm there. If not, catch you next time (if the social director allows)

Thanks

Wayne

I'm completely lost about original date/meeting place, the changes, and what it is for now :ph34r:

Me too, and i think we should at least attempt to keep "chatter" to a minimum on ride threads.

PM each other for that please

Thanks

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Sorry about the chatter the ride remains the same but I will be riding from my house meeting at 9 am in Temecula. I read somthing about thread hyjaking written by KTMRAD I guess we should follow the rules to make the site work better.Riding used to be so less complicated. My neibor just got a KTM SX 525 and wow plated in New Mexico I might ride from Carlsbad with him. Craig.

Sorry about the chatter the ride remains the same but I will be riding from my house meeting at 9 am in Temecula. I read somthing about thread hyjaking written by KTMRAD I guess we should follow the rules to make the site work better.Riding used to be so less complicated. My neibor just got a KTM SX 525 and wow plated in New Mexico I might ride from Carlsbad with him. Craig.

H.H. you need to take control of this thread. Repost the ride date, start time and place. "Meeting in Temecula” just ain’t enough info. Even your previous description of the meeting place "I think we could all meet at the last super market parking lot on 79" is too vague for some of us. Use a street address, GPS co-ordinates or a known 'store name' in the parking lot. Is the parking lot meeting place on the north side or south side of 79?

Also, have you pre-ridden the entire route or is some of this adlib and trail breaking? Everybody has a different idea of what adventure riding is about. Some don’t mind endless U-turns, locked gates and trails that peter out into super knarly beep beep sweat your b-lls off climbs and descents. Others may expect to actually be able to have what amounts to a guided tour within a known range of terrain difficulty. The more detailed and accurate your route and terrain descriptions are, the more likely you are to end up with a happy group of riders at the end of the day…Good Luck…

Well very said Steve!

H.H. Please iron out the details of this ride and post another thread, then this one will be deleted to prevent confusion and clutter

Thanks

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks Steve H and Boston Mangler please remove my thread I guess I will ride only with a select few people from now on. One of the best things about the ride I did to Thomas moutain was we had no map no GPS we just knew the general area and that it was the bigest mountain between Temecula and Palm Springs. That is what made it challenging. This morning when I walked to the beach Surfing was starting to look alot better to me again. Maybee I just needed a break from Surfing Mahalo and Aloha. Craig.

post-465-1172965606_thumb.jpg

Thanks Steve H and Boston Mangler please remove my thread I guess I will ride only with a select few people from now on. One of the best things about the ride I did to Thomas moutain was we had no map no GPS we just knew the general area and that it was the bigest mountain between Temecula and Palm Springs. That is what made it challenging. This morning when I walked to the beach Surfing was starting to look alot better to me again. Maybee I just needed a break from Surfing Mahalo and Aloha. Craig.

Craig, I hope you found the perfect wave today and I hope you do repost your ride. It was not your fault your ride thread got highjacked. My comments were only an attempt to help you out. There were more than a few people interested in your ride. All you needed to do was put up a recognizable starting place and time and then just say what you said in your last post. “I have no GPS and no map and no set route of trails. I’m familiar with the area and I’m just going for it to find my way to the top of Thomas Mountain.”. That statement would have given us a chance to get the flavor of your ride…

Craig,

I'm still down for this ride,exploratory is ok with me. Starting point is just around the corner from my house so if you'd like, I can pin down a good landmark along with address (sorry no gps). Let's do this thing

Wayne

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hi Wayn L I dont want a GPs that would spoil the fun of this ride I will re post this ride when I have more time I plan to leave my house at Garfield and Redwood, one block north of Tammarack and one block from the beach in Carlsbad at 7 am and meet others at 9 am at the Home Depot parking lot on 79 in Temecula. you will need atleast a 120 mile fuel range. And good off road skills because we will be trail blazing on mostly fire roads but who Knows what we might encounter. The view from the top of Thomas mountain was unreal.Craig

Craig,

I'm still down for this ride,exploratory is ok with me. Starting point is just around the corner from my house so if you'd like, I can pin down a good landmark along with address (sorry no gps). Let's do this thing

Wayne

Craig,

Do you think the ride is on? I'm new to the group but old to riding.

XTSTEVE

PS. I like the view from Swami's

is this baby still on? ill leave my gps at home, im not afraid. thomas mountain is a sweet ride, done it twice,ill truck it 120 miles to ride thomas mountain, toro is just down the road too. i only know toro and thomas a little,ready to find some secret singletrack.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I Think I am going to Rosarito Beach 3-25-07 spring break is going off there. I usualy stay at the Plaza hotel because you can walk to everything from the hotel.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Ride canceled I am sick of dualsport rides.

Just call me J A F O.

Just another .... observer

Craig, I hear frustration in your voice......THat and Rosarito is calling.....that's all good.

I saw a few noob's that would like to join in, but it sounds like you would like a crew that can blast and keepup without holding up the fast guys.

That's fine, just call it!

Call an "Experienced rider" ride, stick a date to it, and make the run. Simple.

There's always another run, and to be honest to the noob's, ME included, GUYS, please be sure to read between the lines......single track at speed is NO place for YOU.

RAD has placed some info on this site to help clarify the kind of ride and experience being sought. Please be sure to understand what KIND of ride is being posted. No one likes to say " we would rather you don't come"

because that's not what this group is about.

But at the same time, everyone reading the ride post MUST understand that "Intermediate" does NOT include a FIRST DUAL SPORT RIDE. ( sorry to make an example ) but it's for everyone's safety.

Craig, you have alot of interest in this ride and I'd hate to see it go without a new date.......any thoughts?

NOOB'S, THIS RIDE IS NOT FOR US. ( I've been dirtin since mid 05, and streetin since '79 ) and I do not want to hold up an experienced group.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!!! :angry:B)B):P

[For less experianced riders their are fire roads on both sides.the complete loop is about 100 miles and can be completed in 5 hours or less The ride will start and finish in Temecula.

This reads like a fairly open invitation to me. But I guess it's a moot point either way.

I'd still like to do a ride somewhere in this area, or no county or ? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the riding areas so need a guide.

For the record, I grew up on dirt bikes and was once fairly competent in getting around; also rode trials for a few years but have not visited much dirt in quite a while. So yes, I'm rather rusty now offroad.

So, is anybody able or interested in putting this ride or something similar together?

Maybe it's an asphalt weekend...

Ride canceled I am sick of duel sport rides.

WAAAAA