dirt dame

Mixed bag of riding over the weekend 05/14/10

Did a couple of different things this weekend. :)

On Friday I met up with my riding buddy Mitch at McCain and he showed me that there were some trails out there that I actually hadn't been on yet. Mitch is great guy to ride with and he is training for a qualifier in Idaho in a week or two, so he gets on it pretty sharp out there on the trails.

Mitch works his Husqvarna 250 up a slab.

100_0624.jpg

Meeting some of the locals out on a fenceline trail.

100_0628.jpg

One of us is pooped and one of us is still fresh, which is why I'm not the one going to a qualifier. :lol:

100_0626.jpg

On the drive home, I came across this neat looking Packard. B)

100_0631.jpg

As most of you know if you have ridden with me, I am a pretty pokey trail rider in general, but since Mitch was training for his event, I tried really hard not to slow him down too much out there. As a result, I actually ended up getting some exercise for a change. I was pretty sore all over that evening and into the night. My muscles were achy enough that I didn't really sleep so well.

The next morning I was all stiff when I got up, which was too bad because I had yet another riding venue to go to. WMNracing was putting on it's First Annual Women's Ride at Rynoland. It was a three day event and completely free if you happened to be a lady (or at least a woman). There was open practice each morning on one of the tracks out there, then some motorcycle skill games (heh heh) and a little bit of trail riding around the "trails" on the property. It was a good way for any woman young or old, novice or skilled, to get together for some fun and camaraderie with dirt bikes.

A rider jumps up the step up. Not something that was for me....

DSC_0012.jpg

There was a band too. The guys in it were only like 15 years old, but they played really tight and had a good sound if you happen to like thrash metal. I don't, but hey.....I'm 54 years old and my ears can't take too much of that stuff these days. :angry:

100_0636.jpg

As usual, I didn't care so much for the track riding, but liked the trails and really thought the skill games were hilarious.

The first one was called a block race, where the participants had to start at the starting line, race down to the little wood blocks (or tiles) hidden in the straw at the other end of the course. There they would shut the bike off, hand it over to an official, then dive into straw looking for the tile that had the number on it that they were suppose to find. Supposedly, the rider would hop back onto his or her waiting machine, start it and race back over the start/finish line. Meanwhile the whole thing was timed.

I was first up. Kicking the mighty Flea into action, I tore down to where the crew was waiting at the other end of the course and handed my bike off to Foster. It took me a long time to find my tile, then when I turned around to get my bike, Foster was running down the access road with it. I ran after on my sore little worn out legs, swearing that I would use them to kick Foster when I caught up to him. This just made him run faster. Needless to say, my time wasn't so hot. :lol: But the people who came after didn't have it any easier. Bikes ended up in fifth gear, fuel turned off, sparkplug cap undone, machine parked upside down, rolled over an embankment. It just got funnier and funnier.

Womens racing legend, Denise Devines and her RM on the line.

100_0637.jpg

Yes folks, it could be worse....

100_0639.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0643.jpg

100_0644.jpg

100_0645.jpg

Chrystal thinks she is safe if she doesn't let go of the bike, but she is wrong.

100_0648.jpg

100_0649.jpg

Debbie applies the fatal bear hug to make Chrystal drop her bike.

100_0650.jpg

And if you send two guys out at once..... :blink:

100_0653.jpg

100_0654.jpg

Come back here! Over the embankment for this bike. :lol:

100_0655.jpg

100_0657.jpg

Alright....gimme my sodamichael!

100_0658.jpg

Another gal on the run after her ride. It was all fun till that black dog came over and pooped in the straw. <_< Then we moved on to other games.

100_0659.jpg

Anyway, it was a great day. I want to thank Heather and all of her crew for putting on such a great event and I hope that there will be more like it in the future.

Looks like it was a great weekend of riding. Looks like the first annual WMNracing even at Rynoland was a blast until the pooper came over :angry: .

Glad you had a good time. How was the turnout?

There were about 50 riders on Saturday.