This is the house we owned in Ma. We sold it in July 08. I came across these pictures on my laptop and thought you guys might find them interesting. This was after a snow storm that dropped about 18 inches, ( 2 inches an hour ). In the 13 and half years I was in Ma. the biggest storm I saw was about 3 feet dropped overnight, about 4 inches an hour. Snow didn`t bother me that much, what I hated was extreme cold. The worst I saw was about 40 below 0, (with wind chill). When it`s like that you just crank up the heater and stay inside.

149park1.jpg

149park4.jpg

149park2.jpg

149park5.jpg

149park3.jpg

Warmer weather!

100_0213-1.jpg

100_0216-1.jpg

Reminds me of growing up in Upper Michigan, except the snow would have been halfway up the windows :rtfm:

;)

I saw the first one "I thought California had small houses!"

That`s the motorcycle house!

Switched the order of the pictures around.

Nice...I love snow ;) . My step-father is from Chicopee, MA. Like visiting back there.

Is all that white stuff frozen water? The whole place looks like a freezer or something. Why would anyone live in a freezer?

Is all that white stuff frozen water? The whole place looks like a freezer or something. Why would anyone live in a freezer?

As time went by I found myself asking that third question more and more often, then all of a sudden another question came to mind, what the hell am I doing here?

Nice houses, very pretty. But why is that powdered sugar on everything? There seams to be a lot of it. San Diego born and raised can you tell?

i have the big problem of being young and having lived in a place with snow(fort Wayne indiana) and i actually kinda miss it also because then i could justify getting one of those tracker kits for my bike <_<

Thanks for the pics. Having grown up in Rochester, NY I can recall those days. I never ran a snowblower through the backyard but shoveled a ton of that crap every year. After all this time, and flying into the rustbelt a few times every week I can tell you looking at pictures and dreaming about living there is much better than being there.

Thanks for the pics. Having grown up in Rochester, NY I can recall those days. I never ran a snowblower through the backyard but shoveled a ton of that crap every year. After all this time, and flying into the rustbelt a few times every week I can tell you looking at pictures and dreaming about living there is much better than being there.

I kept the snowblower in the shed in the back yard. I had power out there and the blower had a 110 v starter. I would make a path from the shed to the driveway and then a path from the shed to the back door. I didn`t have a garage. My Sportster, snowblower, lawnmower, barbeque, everything was in that little shed.

Nice Pics and I'm sure some nostalgia...I have that also and that part is nice.

I was born and raised in Northern MA, and spent more than half my life there..most of my family is still there....But thankfully...I moved to Hawaii for a year and after that couldn't IMAGINE returning....Guess I then Knew better.....why would I want miserably cold, wet, snowy winters, shoveling snow, scraping ice, wearing so many clothes you can't move and gain 50 pounds... rainy, buggy springs (mosquitos, black flies ) hot humid summers, still LOTS of bugs... Fall? there are a few good days......anyway....I LOVE California....I LOVE to be outdoors, camp, hike, ride motorcycles, enjoy the beach, mountains, deserts....(and I could visit ALL in the same day)...Very thankful to have escaped and be here....Having lived many years in Both Places....NO comparison...

Nice Pics and I'm sure some nostalgia...I have that also and that part is nice.

I was born and raised in Northern MA, and spend more than half my life there..most of my family is still there....But thankfully...I moved to Hawaii for a year and after that couldn't IMAGINE returning....Guess I then Knew better.....why would I want miserably cold, wet, snowy winters, shoveling snow, scraping ice, wearing so many clothes you can't move and gain 50 pounds... rainy, buggy springs (mosquitos, black flies ) hot humid summers, still LOTS of bugs... Fall? there are a few good days......anyway....I LOVE California....I LOVE to be outdoors, camp, hike, ride motorcycles, enjoy the beach, mountains, deserts....(and I could visit ALL in the same day)...Very thankful to have escaped and be here....Having lived many years in Both Places....NO comparison...

This is my quote from a post I made a few years ago when carguy made his Harley ride to Maine. It sums up the NE pretty well.

All that is why I got the HELL out. THe weather sucks year round. It's bitter cold, then it's nice for a week, then hot and humid, then nice for a week, then it's bitter cold again. And while all this is going on it's either raining or snowing. You live there all year long for two weeks of nice weather and they're 3+ months apart! Great place to visit. Glad you guys enjoyed it, I do too when only there for a few days.