jbw

Good price on 60csx

You can get another 10% off the sale price by getting the BASS PRO VISA card , then charge it on the card, and on the way out of the store you can cancel the card, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, or do it all by mail

This is a smoking deal...I just paid 280 for mine, and that was the best deal I could find just a couple of weks ago through Amazon. Timing, Fu***ng timing ;)

Had an unfortunate incident this last weekend in Barstow and my 60Csx decided to part ways with the bike.

Just picked one up from Bass Pro for $194 shipped using the SAVE20A code along with their current sale price.

Also, if you need one immediately, REI has it on sale for 199.00. If you buy at the store you'll have to pay tax of course. Bass Pro is still the best deal I have seen. Seems like these 60csx's are getting cleared out.

-Mike

Looks like I might be going to REI after all. Just got an email from Bass Pro that they are not able to fill my order and I've requested not to be put on a back order list :rolleyes: .

Guess my REI dividend will just have to make up the difference. Also been thinking about the Delorme... :)

"Seems like these 60csx's are getting cleared out."

Just like with the SPOT2, Sale precedes new model.

Garmin recently released the 78 series to update the 76 series, so maybe they are coming out with a replacement for the 60 series since 76 series = 60 series. Maybe "62" series = 78 series?

I just received mine in the mail and have given it a test ride. I really like the unit, but the base map is the worst! Anyone care to recommend what maps to purchase for this thing? Topo vs. City Navigator? Can you have both installed? I'm googling like crazy :lol:

-Mike

I just got a Garmin Oregon 450t much better then tie 60 csx. The Oregon is touch screen 3 d view and much more, you can a simple toggle a arrow on the screen to see if there is a road or a trail on the other side of a mountain before you actually clime up. the price is somehow comparable to the the 60CXS depending on the dealer. The Oregon series has also some cheaper versions and the only difference between them is that they will old less tracks and way points or they will not come preloaded with topo maps like mine does, it is very easy to load maps on it.

garmin-oregon-450t.jpg

I just got a Garmin Oregon 450t much better then tie 60 csx. The Oregon is touch screen 3 d view and much more, you can a simple toggle a arrow on the screen to see if there is a road or a trail on the other side of a mountain before you actually clime up. the price is somehow comparable to the the 60CXS depending on the dealer. The Oregon series has also some cheaper versions and the only difference between them is that they will old less tracks and way points or they will not come preloaded with topo maps like mine does, it is very easy to load maps on it.

garmin-oregon-450t.jpg

how water/dirt/weather proof is that garmin? how about the touch screen durability? i like the style of the garmin and the touch screen but have reservations on their reliabilty extreme use, like my crash prone riding style... :lol::lol:

garmin-oregon-450t.jpg

how water/dirt/weather proof is that garmin? how about the touch screen durability? i like the style of the garmin and the touch screen but have reservations on their reliabilty extreme use, like my crash prone riding style... :lol::lol:

is rugged as the 60 csx or better, some people I hear complain about screen visibility under the sun, but to me is ok, after loosing my 60 csx, i try to keep better care of it, and I am working on making a custom billet case so if I crash it will be protected

You might want to get a 60csx while you can. Looks like they are clearing them out to make room for the new 62 series. Or, you might want to wait until later in the summer to pick up the new model. Seems kind of pricy though.

Garmin recently released the 78 series to update the 76 series, so maybe they are coming out with a replacement for the 60 series since 76 series = 60 series. Maybe "62" series = 78 series?

Wow......that is pricy.

For that price it should have a thermometer, blue tooth capability, built in ipod, 2 meter radio..... :unsure: