So....I didn't quite get out there at 11:00 this morning. Arrival time was closer to 11:30 by the time I bucked the traffic and went looking for the cheapest gas for Little Dirtball the Jeep. There was one other vehicle out there....dunno who it belonged to, but I never saw another soul all day long. I was pleased that the agency that is supposed to be taking care of the OHV area finally got out there, picked up all the trash that slobs left, cleaned the bathroom and put in some toilet paper. I like some facilities at my facilities.

Since it was so peaceful and deserted I spent the day nosing around all the trails, finding new and interesting places to ride and photograph. Occasionally I would stop and listen for the sound of another motorcycle, but all I heard was the great outdoors and a bit of a breeze. It was nice and warm, but the breeze was cool. Won't be long now before it heats up out there and becomes unbearable. With all the spring rain that we've been having the wild flowers have gone nutso and there is still water in the creeks; quite a bit in some of them actually.

When I finally meandered back to the staging area, the other vehicle was gone. There was some writing in the dust on my back window. A friend (I know from Cafe Husky) had been out there and left me a greeting. I don't know if that was his truck I saw or not. He doesn't live too far from McCain and can probably ride his bike over on back roads. Guess I'll have to ask him.

Onward to the pictures.

100_0613.jpg

100_0606.jpg

100_0608.jpg

100_0607.jpg

100_0611.jpg

Lotsa awkward self portraits.... :rtfm: I have to hire me a cameraman. :excl:

100_0610.jpg

These little batches of clouds kept writhing around trying to turn into a big cloud, but couldn't do it and just dissipated.

100_0614.jpg

A little exploring found me at a very nice creek in a little verdant non desert like pocket of wilderness.

100_0616.jpg

I saw a baby Western Diamondback rattlesnake out here also, but he was too quick for me to get him to pose for a portrait. :o

100_0615.jpg

Brooding skullman rock. I go down this trail all the time and never noticed this before.

100_0618.jpg

I guess it's because I'm usually looking at the steep downhill ahead of me. B)

100_0620.jpg

Time to head back....

100_0621.jpg

"Hi! We missed each other. Mitch"

100_0623.jpg

The end...till the next ride. B)

Skull rock- nice

You know; for how many times I've been there, I still don't recognize 1/10th of what you and Robert post...

Thanks for the pics and report

nice ride. Mitch was in the house, must have the txc back from the chefs at fmf. gotta fone him up for the latest info. very nice stream bed still amazed that they are flowing so well still. the kids have been in tadpole heaven up there.

Mimi, Count me in on the next ride....Always up for a weekday mini vacation...I especially love your start time ;)

Prolly go again tomorrow (Friday 05/14), but around 9. Mitch will be out there then and has to go to work around 2. Not sure what bike I will take. The 300 hasn't been out for a while.

Tempting...Are you ok with me meeting you guys out there?

How fast are you at McCain?

Tempting...Are you ok with me meeting you guys out there?

How fast are you at McCain?

I don't see why not.

I'm slow everywhere. <_<