Paul,

I am using the Spot II holster. The backside looks like a big belt loop, with a separate elastic velcro strap that goes through it. There is no belt hook.

Are you using the SPOT holster on those? What's the backside of the SPOT2 look like? I understand it has no belt hook?

Poped yesterday for the SPOT2 using the 20% REI coupon.

First impression is that Eight buttons are better than four, in terms of knowing the message got out.

875100502_mfKzH-L.jpg

875123649_NWzYr-L.jpg

875100502_mfKzH-L.jpg

875100438_UWdVb-L.jpg

875123462_5S9rF-L.jpg

875123538_Msogx-L.jpg

$25 upgrade Rebate from SPOT

I'm now a official SPOT dealer. I get my first shipment of 5 units SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger, or as some refer as SPOT II

first part of June.

I will have a SDAR price, PM me. For the first five sales I have a 50% off on the Tracking Service, about a $25 savings. I'm working hard with the SPOT rep for more club discounts, he was real impressed when I showed him the web site and has some good ideas.

The units have been in real demand and they are now got up and I'm on top of the list for first of June to start getting them. I will keep you up to date.

Thanks Kelly

Tried to get the 20% like Dave/bagstr but no deal. He got lucky as the discount does not go for anything with gps technology.

After talking with Dave I went back down to REI.

Spot II 150

Garmin 60csx 200

380 after tax.

- 10% member rebate

- $25 spot rebate- upgrade

really about $320

Will also have lifetime warranty on breakage through REI. Big ticket, but a lot of bang for the buck.

Tried to get the 20% like Dave/bagstr but no deal. He got lucky as the discount does not go for anything with gps technology.

After talking with Dave I went back down to REI.

Spot II 150

Garmin 60csx 200

380 after tax.

- 10% member rebate

- $25 spot rebate- upgrade

really about $320

Will also have lifetime warranty on breakage through REI. Big ticket, but a lot of bang for the buck.

Mike, look into that close. Like the Craftsman tool thing and lifetime breakage. I don't think REI is going to do anything about the unit if it breaks because of a crash or fall, well I pretty sure they will not. Is the lifetime mean beyond the limited warranty that most manufactures have?

When I get a chance I will go ask what the warranty is. Still thought it was a good deal as the purchase has to be made by 31st to get SPOT rebate. You know the deal with the pricing and such.

Just wanted to say thanks to Kelly (socalhodaka). Just got my SPOT from my daughter, who picked it up from my son, who picked it up from him. I ride by myself sometimes. This will add some peace of mind.