Sign in to follow this  
650hucker

17 inch knobbie

Does anyone know of a shop in El Cajon area that would have a CHEAP 17 inch knobby/dualsport rear tire for my DR650? Thinking about trying Anza this weekend and need a knobby

dont know anything about el cajon mc shops....i think most of my tires are gonna come thru the OTHER kelly....socalhodaka....but i dont know if he can get one that soon.

i dont know what you run on the front, but be careful not to put a nice new knobbie on the rear and a 50/50 street ds tire on the front. that throws the handeling way off...better to have a more matched set the one end really aggresive and the other slippery.

if i had to pick one sticky tire and one slippery tire i would pick the fron sticky and the rear slippery...easier to control a loose condition than a push

dont know anything about el cajon mc shops....i think most of my tires are gonna come thru the OTHER kelly....socalhodaka....but i dont know if he can get one that soon.

i dont know what you run on the front, but be careful not to put a nice new knobbie on the rear and a 50/50 street ds tire on the front. that throws the handeling way off...better to have a more matched set the one end really aggresive and the other slippery.

if i had to pick one sticky tire and one slippery tire i would pick the fron sticky and the rear slippery...easier to control a loose condition than a push

Thanks Kellymac for thinking of me. I can get just about any tire including stuff like Maxxis, Excella, Cheng Shin, GBC Dirt Shark, Kenda, Kings as well as all the big names.

Yes still 40%off Dunlop, 30%off Pirelli and Metzeler, 25%off Michelin. Look when the manufacture gives me a discount I pass it on. Each month they change, so this is all good for April.

Kelly