KIP

Big Borrego Ride

Definitely not a race.. Clubs have group rides like this all the time.. I pulled this from the site and they seem to be focused on safety..

This will not be a squid ride or knee dragin event. There will most likely be way too many riders for that kind of riding. This will be a ride YOUR OWN SAFE SPEED ride, generally not exceeding 65mph. We will stop and re-group at all road changes so we will not lose anybody. There is no reason to push hard to keep up as we much rather wait for you than wait for the paramedics. Most likely someone will volunteer to ride sweep. We will attempt to line up in order of experience level and expected ride speed. Passing will be permitted with the acknowledgment of the passee. Following distance between riders should be a min. of 100ft.

Definitely not a race.. Clubs have group rides like this all the time.. I pulled this from the site and they seem to be focused on safety..

This will not be a squid ride or knee dragin event. There will most likely be way too many riders for that kind of riding. This will be a ride YOUR OWN SAFE SPEED ride, generally not exceeding 65mph. We will stop and re-group at all road changes so we will not lose anybody. There is no reason to push hard to keep up as we much rather wait for you than wait for the paramedics. Most likely someone will volunteer to ride sweep. We will attempt to line up in order of experience level and expected ride speed. Passing will be permitted with the acknowledgment of the passee. Following distance between riders should be a min. of 100ft.

how am i suppossed to pass, with the permission of the passee? ride up and tap him on the shoulder and as if i can pass him?

what if i were to pass on "accident"? :king:

i guess i was out from the begining...this will not be a squid ride...anytime a squid, spaz, goon, spode, looser or any other descriptor word of a lousy rider is banned im out :ph34r:

Posted this to give people a heads up - I have never rode with this group but it would be kinda fun to be in Borrego Springs with 100 sportbikes running around.:ph34r:

No good if you were headed over to Jilbertos in Borrego Springs for Lunch :king: . on that day.

No good if you were headed over to Jilbertos in Borrego Springs for Lunch :king: . on that day.

True that.. I was looking at the list of riders and know a couple of the people...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Strong winds expected for San Diego's East County, but they're not Santa Anas. These winds are caused by the loose jackets of so-called sportbike riders that flap incessantly in the wind.

Like the much-vaunted butterfly wings effect, the enormous mass of the collective jacket-flapping have been known to cause large wind vortices all over the county. Not only does the effect cause disturbing winds, but the visual effects of high jackets and t shirts coupled with low jeans have been known to snarl traffic for miles.

So, travelers of San Diego's sunny East County should be aware of this- another travel hazard.

[end]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Strong winds expected for San Diego's East County, but they're not Santa Anas. These winds are caused by the loose jackets of so-called sportbike riders that flap incessantly in the wind.

Like the much-vaunted butterfly wings effect, the enormous mass of the collective jacket-flapping have been known to cause large wind vortexes all over the county. Not only does the effect cause disturbing winds, but the visual effects of high jackets and t shirts coupled with low jeans have been known to snarl traffic for miles.

So, travelers of San Diego's sunny East County should be aware of this- another travel hazard.

[end]

HEY: I resemble that remark going home everyday :king:

In the morning I am buckled up tight to keep warm but going hom around noon everyday on a beutiful day things get loose. :lol::ph34r:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Like the much-vaunted butterfly wings effect, the enormous mass of the collective jacket-flapping have been known to cause large wind vortices all over the county. Not only does the effect cause disturbing winds, but the visual effects of high jackets and t shirts coupled with low jeans have been known to snarl traffic for miles.

[end]

Fakey.. You forgot to mention that these winds are known to disrupt the mating ritual of the "soda cracker gnat" which is on the almost endangered list ..

Before you know it motorcycles will be banned on all San Diego County Roads due to additional pollution and environmental impact caused by these annoyant (my made up word) bikers..

Following distance between riders should be a min. of 100ft.

AT 100 FT BETWEEN EACH AND 100 PEOPLE ATTEND THATS A THOUSAND FEET OF BIKES . WHAT ABOUT THE PORSCHE CLUB ON THE SAME DAY .

Following distance between riders should be a min. of 100ft.

AT 100 FT BETWEEN EACH AND 100 PEOPLE ATTEND THATS A THOUSAND FEET OF BIKES . WHAT ABOUT THE PORSCHE CLUB ON THE SAME DAY .

Or ten thousand feet(which is almost 2 miles), depending on how you multiply it :lol: :lol: .

Ooohhh...so Ken is a math wiz now.

I am familiar with some of the names on that list too...seems like too big of a group to be anything but problematic, but I'm a small group type of guy.

Its why I avoid Sturgis every year. Ha

but I'm a small group type of guy.

Its why I avoid Sturgis every year. Ha

I thought it was because of you're self-proclaimed anti-social retardedness :lol: