teebes

Another Newb - Hi!

Well- just for future reference.

The silver pin that has flat sides? If you pull that part out of the long black vertical tube, you'll see it's made of two parts. The silver dowel part (with flat sides) and the silver collar that holds it a specific height out of the black tube. That collar is meant to slide higher or lower to allow the flat-sided dowel to extend further or shrink down lower depending on the application.

Sounds like you've figured it out, but in case anyone else has this issue.

I'm still trying to figure out the black scale...

if read that right; u are saying Strega is a zero

No- you're ok.

The thingamajig that comes up from the frame is a press-fit in a collar and can be extended. Just remove it from the thingamajig holder and it should be apparent. Tap the collar up or down to extend the thingamajig.

The arm coming out from the stabilizer doesn't reach 'beyond' the pin enough. It's short by just a wee bit. Almost seems like the bar clamps are 180* off, but they're offset and the mounting holes for the the top clamp are then out of whack. Seems like the wrong parts. Arrgh.

Pics will do a better job of explaining:

P1020468.jpg

Looks like you may need to relocate your Trail Tech?

teebees welcome to the club, its a great place.

my psychiatrist says im special....but the meds are helping.... :lazy:

if only i got paid from all of the published medical studies based on my brain....

some people have a "photographic" mind....i have a "photogenic" mind.....doc.s have taken lotttsss of pics of my brain, trying to figure out whats wrong with it :lol:

as far as black bikes...black is a great color...as long as it is an accent on an orange bike... ;)

thanks for that info Fakey...i was researching and saw this, and one Zone change IS a stop..?? if i got that right?

like wow, makesmoresensenow....it really does...no sarcasm on that either..

:lazy:...oh yeah and the tire WAS low..but at the air read right..odd*shrug*

Hv fun in pb on the DRZ, had on for 4 yrs, great bikes. Hope to see you out on the trails.

Dude! You've got the Acerbis Cyclops headlight on your DRZ? I've been thinking about getting a new headlight for my bike and I was looking at the Cyclops, but I have no idea how well it works. I tried searching the internet for demo videos, there's dozens posted on YouTube, but all just show what the headlight looks like. A bunch a kids trying to show the world how cool their motorcycle looks :|

I haven't been able to find one single video that actually shows how well the headlight actually lights up the trails. So how is it?

Dude! You've got the Acerbis Cyclops headlight on your DRZ? I've been thinking about getting a new headlight for my bike and I was looking at the Cyclops, but I have no idea how well it works. I tried searching the internet for demo videos, there's dozens posted on YouTube, but all just show what the headlight looks like. A bunch a kids trying to show the world how cool their motorcycle looks :|

I haven't been able to find one single video that actually shows how well the headlight actually lights up the trails. So how is it?

The lighting sucks, to be honest. I find myself following to close behind others so I can use their headlights at night :lol: Doesn't help that I just changed my goggles tint.

I'm kinda over the look 'n feel of it and really wish I didn't flebay my stock setup :good: I have a custom carbon fiber 'number plate' so that helps mix it up a bit and keep the 'black is faster' look - lol.

Looking forward to the RIDE on Sunday :huh:

The lighting sucks, to be honest. I find myself following to close behind others so I can use their headlights at night :lol: Doesn't help that I just changed my goggles tint.

I'm kinda over the look 'n feel of it and really wish I didn't flebay my stock setup :good: I have a custom carbon fiber 'number plate' so that helps mix it up a bit and keep the 'black is faster' look - lol.

Looking forward to the RIDE on Sunday :huh:

I have the Baja designs diablo on my XRL and it puts out better light than the stock system on the DRZ... and is easily removed (but then exposes a bunch of ugly wires)

I had a cyclops-like light on my DR350, and it was terrible... blinding to oncoming traffic, but didn't light up a trail at all