Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lawrence Borgens

Yosemite Adventure Tour - May 1st & 2nd, 2010

Guest Lawrence Borgens

It’s that time of the year again… Your Spring “Must Attend” event is the Yosemite Adventure Tour, a part of the AMA 2010 BMW National Adventure Riding Series held at the gateway to Yosemite National Park. This event is open to any make or model of street legal motorcycle.

If you are a BMW owner and want to experience an Adventure Ride like no other, this event designed especially for you. If you don't ride a BMW then that's fine too! BMW is the major sponsor of this event but it's really about getting into the back-country and enjoying the adventure, right?

This two day, GPS based, self-guided event includes scenic & historic destinations in and around Yosemite National Park and the Stanislaus National Forest. Using paved and unpaved roads with options of “paved” & “dirt” splits, you’ll have approximately 100 miles of fun each day! Dirt routes are approximately 80% dirt. Paved routes are 100% paved. All dirt routes are 2-track gravel and fire roads appropriate for large “Adventure Bikes”.

BMW is giving away an F800GS to one lucky AMA Member participating in this year’s National Riding Series. AMA member participating in this event are automatically entered in the drawing!

Event is operated under permit from the Stanislaus National Forest and limited to 100 riders so register early!

For more information see our website at: http://www.familyoffroadadventures.com/Yos...ventureTour.asp

Happy Trails!

Lawrence Borgens

Founder

Family Off-Road Adventures

"Fun on Two Wheels!"

AMA Charter #: 8058

AMA District 36 Dual Sport Liaison

lawrence@familyoffroadadventures.com

209.939.0628 (fax)

PO Box 8633

Stockton, CA 95208

www.familyoffroadadventures.com

Follow us on Twitter

========================================================

Guest Lawrence Borgens

Adventure Riders,

Here is the link for our YouTube video of the Yosemite Ride:

(Extra points if you recognize where the music is from! Hint: D2G)

To register for this year’s event see our webpage.

Guest Lawrence Borgens

Early Registration Extended - Yosemite Adventure Tour – May 1st & 2nd, 2010

Fellow Adventure Rider,

It’s almost here…

With only about 20 tickets left for this event we are extending early registration until Midnight on Sunday April 11th, 2010!

For more details or to register on-line please see our website at: http://www.familyoffroadadventures.com/Yos...ventureTour.asp

To see a video of our past event:

To read an article about this event: http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/ride_stories/yo...ing_series_ride

Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/familyoffroad

Join our fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stockton-CA/...32201039?ref=ts

What are people saying about Family Off-Road Adventures events?

“In the morning I was a beginner rider and at the end of the day I felt like I was closer to an intermediate… Once I made it thru my confidence had risen and I now feel more willing to be adventuresome on my rides. Looking forward to another ride with FORA.”

- Ms. Debi P., Benicia, CA

“… A group of strangers quickly became friends at the morning registration and safety meeting, brought together by our love of adventure and the outdoors.

"Hey look at that.", "Great idea.", "Where did you find that?" and "I'm going to do that to mine." could be heard through the group as we looked over each other’s rides, the personal modifications we had made sent sparks of inspiration through the group.

There was no "us" and "them" based on what you ride, you were there, and what matters is you do ride…

… Amazed at the trails we were riding, "You couldn't make mud like this if you tried" and "This is the most challenging ride ever” could be heard…

… There was only one way to come out of this ride, being a better rider, knowing your abilities better, and finding that there was a whole lot more you could do on your ride then you ever thought.

I look forward to next year, I will be there!”

- Mr. Scott M., Tracy, CA

(Event is operated under permit from the Stanislaus National Forest and caters to ALL street legal dual sport motorcycles.)

Happy Trails!

anyone attending this event? I just signed up and would love to hook up with SDAR folks while there

anyone attending this event? I just signed up and would love to hook up with SDAR folks while there

Hail --I am signed up for Sat only. Yes we could ride togeather at the event. I am going to be doing my own thing on the way up ( camping-exploring ) and will probley ride on my own Sun and start heading home.

So we need to get contact infro before the event.

Later Ken

too many good events going on...can't make this one...bummer....I'd love to get those tracks when you guys come back though...

Didn't someone do this last year, and have a bunch of issues with the tracks or something? I can't recall now...please correct me if I'm wrong.

perhaps they need some tech support SDAR STYLE...we have our resident geniuses who really produce amazing tracks....in the GPS, and in the dirt! :)

I really don,t know much of this event ,so thats why I signed up for only one day. I really am using it as a excuse to go on a four day ride and to check out something new.

Hail --I am signed up for Sat only. Yes we could ride togeather at the event. I am going to be doing my own thing on the way up ( camping-exploring ) and will probley ride on my own Sun and start heading home.

So we need to get contact infro before the event.

Later Ken

Ken, I will be coming down from visiting family in Frisco. I plan to get there Friday evening and sit through the GPS class. I'm not sure where I will be staying yet. All the local accommodations have been taken. email me and we can arrange a meeting Friday evening or Saturday morning.

tx, Dave hailcisar@sbcglobal.net

Didn't someone do this last year, and have a bunch of issues with the tracks or something? I can't recall now...please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes. No one at lunch the first day w/us took the trail on the second half of the first day. It was a lot of riding around in circles and riding slab. Apparently a tree fell down and partially blocked the trail. Consequently, they updated the track/route and told riders to follow the route. I cringe thinking about that fateful night lost in Yosemite. The lunch was good and well organized. Hopefully, the GPS tracks will be better this year.