paulmbowers

More Joshua Tree and environs

Wow, I know I'm slow & I've been called several things, but.....

Hey, wait, I wasn't on Bradshaw trail this weekend.

Paul, May I come along next time? I really want to go on a non-solo 200 mile ride. Where abouts is this?

the link www.whereisbowers.com leads you to a specific area- it's near Joshua Tree and east of that. I'm riding out here because we have family friends with a home in Desert Hot Springs. I pulled the bike on it's trailer with the wagon the wife, the kid, the dog out on Friday afternoon. One of the boys took Jesse hiking with the dogs, the other went dress shopping with my wife at the outlets, and got the most OMG so fab-u-less red dress for the charity event my wife puts on later this year. I've not seen the dress, but they were both gushing.

It would be fun to have a SDAR weekend out here. I'm learning some of the roads- nearly all two-track, but through some interesting places. Sorry no pics yet, I didn't bring my whole laptop-travel kit.

OK, as promised.

Off either Gold Crown or Old Dale roads- about 8am

joshuatree4.10_-2958.jpg

joshuatree4.10_-2960.jpg

On the Meccacopia trail

joshuatree4.10_-2970.jpg

Railroad track off Bradshaw Trail. If you've ever tired to turn around a bike sitting on the rr tracks, you are aware it's not easy. Just beyond the bike the track started to fall apart and was looking unstable on a small over crossing. We wrestled, I won.

joshuatree4.10_-2974.jpg

Pulled this little guy off the Bradshaw Trail before he got hit by something. He didn't bother to come out and say hello after I stopped.

joshuatree4.10_-2978.jpg

If you ride Bradshaw (a boring road- but I took a cutoff called St Augustine Canyon- really cool) you probably already have a photo like this.

joshuatree4.10_-2980.jpg

Behind the Patton Museum

joshuatree4.10_-2981.jpg

Pinkham Canyon- neat road.

joshuatree4.10_-2987.jpg

Here's the adventure page for this trip. The spot makes for a pretty rough route but it's kinda fun to see where the images come from. The spot has the trip at 226miles or something, but it straightens out all the curves. Actual was 290.

http://www.spotadventures.com/trip/view/?trip_id=194056