If we can find a leader, anybody up for finishing the backside of El Cap ride? I would like to place a vote for Sunday early...if anybody cares

I did not get the chance to get my "bling" pig dirty on Sat.

Sunday sounds good to me, so some of you can see me get it dirty, Ha!

how's the park & ride at the 79 / Japatul exit on 8 sound.. say 9-10ish?

Gunner

OK- contrary to the PM I just sent... 9 is fine... Chief; I'll bring a bag of dirt, just in case...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

What and where is El Cap, I want to ride Sunday if I can get away from work.

El Cap is the monolith just North of I-8 between Tavern and Dunbar Lane near Alpine. There is a reservoir just off the freeway. I have not been out there, even though I can see the mountain from my house, and mountain bike the east side of the reservoir regularly. I also have a friend that has 65 acres near there, so after we explore a bit, I want to figure out other options riding to his place.

So it sounds like:

9 a.m. at the Japatul Park n Ride- Bikelsut, Mescalero, Gunner, Doc, Orange, Pilot, and a possible Hammer...

Now the obvious question... who is the "leader"?

KTMRad- got the message- Thanks

Based on new info that was unknown to me and most likely a lot of others about this ride, I am OUT. There are a lot of other places to ride........

I will accept responsibility for the confusion and the building hornets nest I helped to create.

I think it wiser to propose an alternate ride this Sunday that keeps us all out of potential touble and liabilities.

I am not interested in causing anyone any problems by riding in unauthorized areas and I am not going to attempt anything that would tarnish the positive image of this group.

I feel that I owe all of you an apology, I also feel that it is not to late to correct a possible wrong in the making so I propose that we discuss an alternate ride for Sunday, any takers?

Gunner

I just read Randy's post about Ocotillo. Since I had committed to helping him with the DD event, I will plan on pre-running and course lay-out. This means I will probably bail-out on the local ride this weekend.

Here's my 2 cents on the El Cap issue; an alternate ride is a great idea. While we are getting choked out of riding areas here, it is extremely important to play by the rules. The problem I have is figuring-out what is legal, and what is not. It seem like the "line" gets a little fuzzy in our back country.

Guns- I don't see a need for apologies here. The fact that this is a closed area is only the fault of those who closed it! We do need to be all about promoting our sport legally in order to avoid other closures in the future.

Rad- Thanks for the heads-up!

OK- I think we went from "some of those roads are closed" B) to "we are not doing this ride" B)

Thanks to everybody that "was" in... I actually am proud to belong to a group that a) likes riding enough to explore new routes :D and B) likes riding enough to not risk more closures... B) as frustrating as it may be...

I'll probably run Bear Valley Road just for grins, then... :)

All, I think you misinterpreted my PM's to you.....I responded again on PM's. I'm not telling people where they can or can't ride. Your PM's should clarify this issue.

My concern is, you never know who is lurking in the sidelines to monitor activities. I know this has happened elsewhere to cause problems. If you need further explanation of my concerns, PM me and give me your number, I'll call you to discuss.

Last thing I want is to stop people from going riding !!

Thanks,

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I would love to ride but the wells are kinda far and somwhat boring I think you guys should help promote Vistas motoplex. There is big surf in the forcast anybody want to ride to Ensenada and surf San Miguel. Its a great Ride and awesome wave. Ther are llots of locals but we can still get waves. True duel sport , Ride and surf

I would love to ride but the wells are kinda far and somwhat boring I think you guys should help promote Vistas motoplex. There is big surf in the forcast anybody want to ride to Ensenada and surf San Miguel. Its a great Ride and awesome wave. Ther are llots of locals but we can still get waves. True duel sport , Ride and surf

"the wells are boring" B)

"support Vistas motoplex" double B)B)

"Thers big surf in the forcast" yup..... I have racks on my bicycle and am too paranoid to throw one on my moto and ride dirt to the breaks down south. I live 1 block from the wata here in Encinitas so Idont have to go too far. B)

Guest Hammerin Hammon
post-465-1169698857_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698857_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698662_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698662_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698662_thumb.jpgSorry I thought this was an adventure club My wife loves the Ride. I thought there might be some others that would like to go with us some time. I had racks on lots of bikes since 1979 , They work great, I can walk to the beach but I love riding my motorcycle. B)B)

post-465-1169698930_thumb.jpg

post-465-1169699037_thumb.jpg

post-465-1169698857_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698857_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698662_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698662_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698662_thumb.jpgSorry I thought this was an adventure club My wife loves the Ride. I thought there might be some others that would like to go with us some time. I had racks on lots of bikes since 1979 , They work great, I can walk to the beach but I love riding my motorcycle. B)B)

Now that is a dual sport!

Guest Numbskull

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Motoplex is an awsome indoor motocross facility proposed for Vista or San Marcs Ca.that I wish more people would show interest in. could you imagine being able to ride a track until 10 at night. Without having to drive to Paris raceway or star west. A place that would store, wash, fuel, prep and valet your bike to the track when you wanted to ride. Complete with a gym, super moto track, pool, game room, lockers, skateboard park. And much more I signed up. I had a great time( see post some desert riding) the last time I rode Ocotillo where I met Xrbum, Carguy,and SanDiego land. they were totally cool to ride with But the 2 hour drive sucked.

Motoplex is an awsome indoor motocross facility proposed for Vista or San Marcs Ca.that I wish more people would show interest in. could you imagine being able to ride a track until 10 at night. Without having to drive to Paris raceway or star west. A place that would store, wash, fuel, prep and valet your bike to the track when you wanted to ride. Complete with a gym, super moto track, pool, game room, lockers, skateboard park. And much more I signed up. I had a great time( see post some desert riding) the last time I rode Ocotillo where I met Xrbum, Carguy,and SanDiego land. they were totally cool to ride with But the 2 hour drive sucked.

Hammer; 1st off , Welcome B) . I have not met you yet but look forward to seeing you on some rides.

Once you get to know more of the guys you might find opportunities to meet up at someone's place and load the bike on a trailer/truck and spilt the driving.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks for the welcome Gunner, what have you done to your BRP. I want more power . Do you know anybody thats runen a BRP with a complete exhoust from All Baker ,Micuni 41mm. flat slide carb, stage 2 hot cam and a 10.5to 1 high compression piston. I wish my pig was closer to my 500 2 stroke.