Sign in to follow this  
X-Racer

Knew-Bee (but not in SD)

Greetings friends...

My name is Robert and I'm a recovering dirt-aholic ( Everyone: HI ROBERT!)

I come from a long (lifetime - I'm old) line of M/C "enthusiasts" (I'd say "fans", but that makes me a "fanatic too).

I cut my teeth (literally) on M/C riding and racing in SoCal.

Dad had one of the first shops in SoCal (Jack Baldwin M/Cs in Santa Monica) where throughout the years he sold most everything - the exception being Honda). He was also a multi-time president of the Dirt Diggers M/C club.

So my life started in the shadows of track and desert racers, or which I eventually became one, eventually getting into the expert ranks about 17 just before Dad died.

I spent half my childhood at places like Corriganville (Hopetown), Acton, Ascot, The Ponderosa. Raced most every major H&H in the day as a kid. Rarely raced at Saddleback or Carlsbad, but most every W/E at Baymare and Indian Dunes. Actually was good friends with Rick and Joe Kehoe (whom I haven't reacquainted with) and their little brother Eric.

Dad died, I quit. Got into skiing/snow-camping, back-packing. Then picked it all back up again at 27. Had kids (B&G), brought them up riding. Never really got back into racing. Rode a few Enduros.

So I've been around the block. Anyways... I live to ride, and ride to live. ...except having a demanding job and raising children has hampered my enthusiasm. I really want to go to baja (only rode at San Felipe when I was a kid).

The girl and I bought 40 acres just below 4-corners (the states) and looking toretire and ride out of there till I can ride no longer.

Someone take me to Baja ! I have a place we can stay in BLA.

Welcome Robert.. I am sure you can find someone on here to ride Baja with.

Very cool. Welcome.

I assume you mean Bay of LA? Awesome. I have good friends that operate a tour company down there. www.bajaboundmoto.com.

I visit Baja about twice a year on a four day ride. Pretty familiar with Baja. I'll be going back in summer. Maybe a nice ride around RSV would be good.

Ride on

Welcome aboard. Glad to have another rider here from the golden age of off-road racing. Too bad you aren't geographically a little closer to the rest of us so you could join us for some local informal rides. Maybe see you on a ride sometime anyway....but not in Baja. :)

Welcome.

I'm relatively new here (grew up back east) so I had no idea there used to be so many tracks in Socal. I read this a few weeks back and I was amazed places like the Saddlleback track used to be in our back yard. My fiance lives grew up in Mission Viejo and we will head up there about once a month to visit with her folks. I've been out to Silverado Canyon but I never knew this old track used to be there.

Saddleback Track

It must have been wild back then.

Wow... You guys are quick !

Brendon: It must have been wild back then.

Gross understatement. * LOL * I've got more stories than you can imagine.

Christi: Maybe a nice ride around RSV would be good.

I haven't got the TLAs down yet. RSV ? If it's a ride it's likely I'll go.

Right now we've got two back-to-back Feb/March Mammoth trips in-play. ($/Time factor)

Dirt Dame: Too bad you aren't geographically a little closer to the rest of us so you could join us for some local informal rides.

If I know when I can plan to go. ...at the moment my "E" (one of the seven bikes in the garage) has a "F" tire ! ...but I can ride the girls WRR ! (If she lets me I mean).

Guess I better go get the old pics to post on the olden days thread.

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME ALL !

I haven't got the TLAs down yet. RSV ? If it's a ride it's likely I'll go.

Rancho Santa Veronica I suppose.

Welcome to the group! Lookin forward to catching you on a ride! Make sure to check out the Informal Rides section and see if a ride matches up to your liking. Couple people here are big fans of Baja and you'll see people planning trips down there a couple times a year.

...but I can ride the girls WRR ! (If she lets me I mean).

You won't be the only guy on a girl bike, I think there are 3-4 girl bike riders already here :)

Glad to have ya!

Welcome Robert....Redondo isn't so far....come on out to our Desert Dash..Feb 20-21....great time, great riding, etc etc....

Welcome Robert....Redondo isn't so far....come on out to our Desert Dash..Feb 20-21....great time, great riding, etc etc....

Thanks ! it sounds like a GREAT time ! ...and wouldn't be a problem except for a conflict with an annual Mammoth trip !

Strega: You won't be the only guy on a girl bike, I think there are 3-4 girl bike riders already here

Didn't mean it was a "Girl's bike", I said it was THE girl's bike ! :lol:

I have the Lc4-E like yours. We chatted some time back when I first got it.

Christi20: I assume you mean Bay of LA
? Yes... He just bought a place right on the beach.
Christi20: Pretty familiar with Baja. I'll be going back in summer. Maybe a nice ride around RSV would be good.

Okay... You lead. I'll follow. Let me know when. My other SCUBA bud was thinking June (during no moon - less tidal surge for diving). SCUBA and dirt-bikes. That's still Dual-Sport ! Right ? :D ....and "Yes" ! I'm impressed !