klondike300

Who's a good fork guy/gal?

Thinking I need stiffen up the forks on my 06 KLX. Just a little soft for the type of riding around here. Keep burying the front end in the sandy stuff and I'm thinking a little stiffer will do.

I know stock they are pretty limited on adjustments. Any recommends for around here?

Thinking I need stiffen up the forks on my 06 KLX.

What size KLX, a 300, a 250? What do you weigh? These two models can't be revalved with stock enclosed inverted shim stacks. You have to get a gold valve kit to do any revalving.

Thinking I need stiffen up the forks on my 06 KLX.

What size KLX, a 300, a 250? What do you weigh? These two models can't be revalved with stock enclosed inverted shim stacks. You have to get a gold valve kit to do any revalving.

KLX 250. Plated version. I weigh about 170 or so. I thought I would have to go the pricey way

Is it a KLX or a KLR? My specs that I can get a hold of show that the KLR250 was made up until 2007 and then the KLX250 was made from 2008 on. Doesn't matter though about the fork springs, the specs are the same for your weight and they fall right between a .42 and .44. I have a set of Race Tech .44 that I never used that I would sell for 50 bucks if you are interested.

My KLX came stock way undersprung for even my weight. I had to step up from the stock .38s to a set of .40s to even be in range. But that only solves about half the problem. Gold Valves will solve the other half. My 300, as well as my KDX220 both have Race Tech Gold Valves and springs on the front and the rear. I started with the 300, and when I saw how nice that turned out, I had to do the KDX too.

mud run this week end killed my forks. im asking the same question need someone to reseal mine

Is it a KLX or a KLR? My specs that I can get a hold of show that the KLR250 was made up until 2007 and then the KLX250 was made from 2008 on. Doesn't matter though about the fork springs, the specs are the same for your weight and they fall right between a .42 and .44. I have a set of Race Tech .44 that I never used that I would sell for 50 bucks if you are interested.

My KLX came stock way undersprung for even my weight. I had to step up from the stock .38s to a set of .40s to even be in range. But that only solves about half the problem. Gold Valves will solve the other half. My 300, as well as my KDX220 both have Race Tech Gold Valves and springs on the front and the rear. I started with the 300, and when I saw how nice that turned out, I had to do the KDX too.

Definetely an X model. Has they way bigger fork diameter. R's are the skinny tubes. Being of limited garage and tools since I'm 1200 miles from home, who's a good mechanic than can help me out?. Already paid enough to Kontiki saturday for my kickstart add. Currently looking for the under the table/beer/bbq/bike hauling bribery route for some fork work. :blink:

Definetely an X model. Has they way bigger fork diameter. R's are the skinny tubes. Being of limited garage and tools since I'm 1200 miles from home, who's a good mechanic than can help me out?. Already paid enough to Kontiki saturday for my kickstart add. Currently looking for the under the table/beer/bbq/bike hauling bribery route for some fork work. :blink:

Should be a 43 mm diameter fork tube, same as my 300. So the .44s ought to fit.

Should be a 43 mm diameter fork tube, same as my 300. So the .44s ought to fit.

Nice, how about someone to install them?

Mimi's Garage. Fork springs installed while you wait. (or at least by tomorrow)

Typical rates. If you worked on it first, rates double.

wow no responses at all? ill call local and see if i can find a shop

Got 43 and 50 mm seal drivers. No 48 mm drivers on hand yet. Otherwise, I'd say yes.

Mimi's Garage. Fork springs installed while you wait. (or at least by tomorrow)

Typical rates. If you worked on it first, rates double.

Oh no. I've learned my mechanical limitations and have a backup plan in first so no touchy yet. Wouldn't touch fork work with a ten foot pole without someone knowledgeable in the room.

Calling Mimi and Dirt Dame. I'll buy beer! Or adult bev of choice!

brandon, if you can get them clean and cracked in half, I will slam the new seals in. I have no idea how to work on anything other than wp forks and don't really want to start learning. If you can get them broken down and get a set of new seals, we can put them in. I've got the 43 and 48mm drivers.

Sorry, I don't drink.

Sorry, I don't drink.

you take grants or benjamins?

Sorry, I don't drink.

you take grants or benjamins?

No problem there. BBQ? I'm sure we can work a deal. Plans for the weekend or some time that would work to figure this all out? I'm right by Qualcom and have no real life after work to speak of so I'm flexible.

OK, feel like getting serious with the forks now. Who can lead me the right direction on parts and install?

I just had RP Racing in El Cajon rebuild the forks on my 96 KLX650.

They did a great job and had them done exactly when I needed them. I have had them do work for me in the past on a wild '86 YZ490 I had as a teenager. Always worked perfect and I swear the job cost the same then as it did now.

It cost $155.00 for the complete job.-Ben

RP Racing

619-588-7032

OK, feel like getting serious with the forks now. Who can lead me the right direction on parts and install?

I work for money, have the springs for you brand new for 50.00. PM me when you are serious. Still working on a WP shock absorber and another machine at the moment, but have time for that.