KTMrad

Anyone Want to Step Up to Help With Corral Canyon Kids Training Area ?

Was hoping someone else from SDAR might want to step up to the plate to help organize another volunteer day just for the Tot-Lot, kids riding/training area.

I'd be happy to, but won't have time until after the Desert Dash, so that would be into March.

Anyone want to help ??

I was hoping somebody could coordinate ALL future work from SDAR at the Kid's riding/training area.

It's not that much, you'd just need to stay in touch with Jan from SDORC to coordinate the work days and SDAR people. Even if you can't attend the workday, you can make sure the people who go have a sign-in sheet, etc. ,then make sure they post their hours in the MO Section.

Anyone ?

From Metal Twister..........

Hey Randy great seeing you and the SDAR gang this last Saturday.

In all the excitement of the single track trail and our 4x4 trail, poor Jan from SDORC kind of got left out with the Tot Lot.

Im thinking if you have any parents that have the young kids we might encourage them to pitch in on that project instead of the trails projects. I have a few parents on our forum that have very young riders that want to help with then Tot Lot. Im looking for Ideas on who to contact to get additional help on Jan's project. She has been working extremely hard on this for years now and deserves a hand with this thing.

Was wondering if we could maybe do a joint thing between SCUFF and SDAR and schedule a day just for The tot lot? I know your busy with the desert dash so whenever would work for me, if you're interested?

If anyone wants to help organize this and/or help when they do go out to work on it, we'll have to coordinate with Jan from SDORC.......I have her contact info.

If anyone wants to help organize this and/or help when they do go out to work on it, we'll have to coordinate with Jan from SDORC.......I have her contact info.

I was just talking with Mimi about this last night!! Not sure what all's involved but I'd love to have an area where I could teach my daughter to ride.

Please PM me Jan's contact info and I'll see what the deal is.

I was just talking with Mimi about this last night!! Not sure what all's involved but I'd love to have an area where I could teach my daughter to ride.

They started working on it the same day we did the singletrack trail. E-mail sent with Jan's info.

Anybody have kids that they could get out there to help out with the tot lot? Teach them early teach them right. We all need to build and maintain the areas we enjoy.

I know I may sound like a hypocrite as I haven't been able to help because of work, but I do send money to and belong to organizations that help us fight to keep land and trails open.

Randy- if she does it on a Sunday, I'll be there and bring my "not so little" tots too...it'll be a good experience for them, to realize these areas don't just spring up out of nowhere...

Feel free to send her my email info, or vice versa

I think the Motorcycle Training folks need to get involved with this. Not sure exactly who they are but may be on the Primm ride right now. Seems like they are a shoe in for this.

Anybody have kids that they could get out there to help out with the tot lot? Teach them early teach them right. We all need to build and maintain the areas we enjoy.

I know I may sound like a hypocrite as I haven't been able to help because of work, but I do send money to and belong to organizations that help us fight to keep land and trails open.

Good point. When I help I'll bring my daughter, good lesson for her to learn.

Count me in.. I have an 8 year old that rides so we will lend a hand.

From Jan - SDORC..........for work on the Kid's Riding/Training Area........

At this point it looks like our next opportunity will be Feb 6, weather permitting. I'll keep you advised.

Jan

From Jan - SDORC..........for work on the Kid's Riding/Training Area........

At this point it looks like our next opportunity will be Feb 6, weather permitting. I'll keep you advised.

Jan

I have a 4 year old eager to learn how to ride and a 30 day old so you could count me.

Count me in.. I have an 8 year old that rides so we will lend a hand.

Ktm-rad,

I just checked and Feb. 6 is the San Diego supercross, I already have tickets, is it possible to help out on Feb. 7th. Sunday?

I just checked with the wife and it looks like we are good to go.. My son and I will be down we just need the details of when and where and if we need to bring any tools..

Who would like to take the lead on this issue, if anyone........I can't do it all.

Anyone want to volunteer ?

I will get the contact info for Jan at SDORC, and Richard Tull.

thanks !

Randy, Not sure if you missed this but I think Yeti volunteered earlier in the post..

Randy, Not sure if you missed this but I think Yeti volunteered earlier in the post..

Rexr you wanker!! I think that means Rexr volunteered. :lol:

I need to check with the boss and see whether I'm allowed to go play that day or not. If I am, then I'll coordinate.

I was hoping somebody could coordinate ALL future work at the Kid's riding/training area.

It's not that much, you'd just need to stay in touch with Jan from SDORC to coordinate the work days and SDAR people. Even if you can't attend the workday, you can make sure the people who go have a sign-in sheet, etc. ,then make sure they post their hours in the MO Section.

Anyone ?

I was hoping somebody could coordinate ALL future work at the Kid's riding/training area.

Anyone ?

Alright.. Since I am new and am looking to make a good first impression.... "cough" "cough"... I will take it on..

Actually I have been looking for a way to get involved and the kids area at Coral Canyon is as good a place as any..

Randy - send me the contact info and i will reach out to Jan and Richard to get the details for the 6th workday.

I will need the release forms, sign in sheets, etc.. Do I get those from you or Richard?

Update..

I emailed Richard and Jan today and left Richard a VM regarding the details of the next workday. As soon as I hear back from one of them I will post the details..

Alright..

I got an email from Jan and she said that the tentative date for working on the kids area is still Feb 6th and that she would let me know as soon as it was confirmed. I will keep everyone updated with information as I get it.

Alright..

I got an email from Jan and she said that the tentative date for working on the kids area is still Feb 6th and that she would let me know as soon as it was confirmed. I will keep everyone updated with information as I get it.

I just got an email from Jan and it is confirmed for this Saturday, Feb 6, 8am til noon at Corral Canyon Campground.

Dang it man .. You beat me to it.. I just got the same email.

Unfortunately a family event that I cannot wiggle my way out of has popped up for this Saturday so I am not able to make it down.

Additional info from Jan..

The volunteer forms will be available at the site.

Directions are pretty straight-forward: east on I-8, take the Buckman Springs exit and follow the signs. Right after exit, cross Old Hwy 80, left on Buckman Springs Rd, right at the Corral Canyon sign (I think that is Morena Stokes Valley Rd). After entering the OHV area you'll come to an obvious four-way intersection with a parking area on the left. That's called "Four Corners." Continue straight another couple of miles and we'll meet at the lower campground on the left.