Kris

Palomar Divide truck Trail

Here is a quick post with some pictures of X-man and I on Palomar. I am working on some helmet cam video that will be up later.

I also attached the track file, (at the bottom of post).

Here are links to the video from the rides.

http://www.vholdr.com/node/58309

http://www.vholdr.com/node/58062

http://www.vholdr.com/video/palomar-divide

post-7075-1262051452.jpg

post-7075-1262051474.jpg

post-7075-1262051498.jpg

post-7075-1262051535.jpg

post-7075-1262051558.jpg

post-7075-1262051590.jpg

Paldiv20091228.txt

I was trying to see if Christi's track showed in any of those distance shots. :ph34r:

Here is a quick post with some pictures of X-man and I on Palomar. I am working on some helmet cam video that will be up later.

Awesome trail and good buddy! I did the first half of Pali Div before but on the way down was great too. I hope the video shows the fishtailing action; almost lost it a couple of times.

Kris pointed me to Christi's track. I wish somebody runs a 'class' some day so I can learn to ride dirt by the book.

Riding street tomorrow :ph34r:

I was trying to see if Christi's track showed in any of those distance shots. :ph34r:

I tried to get it to show in a picture but my little camera just wasn`t up to it

Mimi, I think it is in this one. You can't make out the track but I recognize the topography

100_0867.jpg

Yeah if ya spuint just right you can make out part of the track. It's just to the left of center.

Mostly blue sky and good weather. Kris took two of us up there before. As you said, great riding partner. Views forever.

That's one place I haven't been up yet. I really want to make a trip up there sometime....

where did you access the trail, from the 76 side or the hwy 79 side, if off 79 did you go in at the RV park or up by sunshine summit. just wondering if the gates are open.

Great pics - great video. I really like that road.

Judging by the way x-man rides, he hasn't yet come around one of those blind turns and encountered the front bumper of

some yeh-hoos lifted Blazer on 35's. :o Looks like you guys were haulin-ass.

Have fun & be careful!

By the way, I dont believe the gate by Sunshine Summit will ever be open - maybe private property?

We entered from 79. I don't remember an RV park. There was a maybe 200 yards of dirt and then pavement with debris all the way up to an abandoned "house".

Regarding the riding, I was taking it very carefully in the blind turns. I was riding twisted just to see what was coming up. I normally look as far ahead as I can for incoming traffic. If I see none then I take a wide line and try to square it out. If I am not sure I rub against the mountain side :blink:

Believe I know what is upcoming traffic at 70 mph :unsure:

highres_8940330.jpeg

highres_8940331.jpeg

highres_8940334.jpeg

:o X-man....don't do THAT! :unsure::blink:

I didn't. Wanna see the police report?

:o X-man....don't do THAT! :blink::o

I didn't. Wanna see the police report?

I mean don't get into an accident and get hurt....no matter who's fault it is. :unsure:

Links for the videos on this ride have been added to the first post.

What kind of bike did that used to be :o?

@Jaynen: My beloved 01 Aprilia Falco SL1000 :blink:

Now I ride a crappy 05 SV1000S. :unsure:

@bikeslut: No that was 'My life started again smile'

@dirt dame:There are those who crashed and those who will. It comes with the ride. There just so much I can control or influence. If an cager does something stupid I can't do nothing but try to survive.

where did you access the trail, from the 76 side or the hwy 79 side, if off 79 did you go in at the RV park or up by sunshine summit. just wondering if the gates are open.

Rode up there today just to check on the gate for you. Yup, its open at the Rancho California RV Resort end. And yes you can see Duffyland from up there, including the track (never been to Duffyland but know where it is). If you ever want a tour of the area, just give me a yell. Let me check my schedule.... :crazy: oh wide open ride now. Life of the under-employed. :)

Added the track file to the first post, (at the bottom).

Dang, that trail looks awesome. I may need to ride that tomorrow. Do you have the directions from the I-15N?? Startin around the Charger Stadium?