KTMrad

GPX File Attachment Mime-Type ?

I'm trying to configure the forums, so you all can attach GPS tracks using the GPX file format, but I need to know what is the Attachment Mime-Type.

Anybody know ? I looked up the list of mime types in the forum software, GPX file was not listed.

Thanks !

Crawdaddy, Strega and/or SanDiegoLand probably know the answer to this.

Crawdaddy, Strega and/or SanDiegoLand probably know the answer to this.

This is a question for Strega......

There isn't an official MIME Type for GPX files.

I'd choose:

Type ID: 0

MIME Type: text/plain

or

Type ID: 2

MIME Type: text/html

I don't know the text/xml Type ID is...RFC 3023 is the specific XML Mime Type for XML Data.

I don't know what type of interface you're using, so I don't really know what information to give you other than this.

GPS geeks- you've been asking for this capability... pool resources and help Randy however you can... I see the words, but it all comes out bla bla bla bla...

GPS geeks- you've been asking for this capability... pool resources and help Randy however you can... I see the words, but it all comes out bla bla bla bla...

It's more of a computer geek thing.......Uncle Cammeron and Strega need to do some sort of Star Trek Vulcan Mind Meld......

200px-Spock_vulcan-salute.jpg

Now I can't find the section that I found earlier, in the forum software ....... ahhhhhh ! B)

I shouldn't be doing this at work :good:

Strega, if you can look at this link, and see if any of the MIME types pertain to GPX file attachments, please let me know........I can't make any sense of it.

Thanks !

Are .zip files directly supported?

I know it's an extra step, but if they are then it's simple for most folks to zip the GPX file before uploading.

It's more of a computer geek thing.......Uncle Cammeron and Strega need to do some sort of Star Trek Vulcan Mind Meld......

200px-Spock_vulcan-salute.jpg

Live Long and Prosper

:thumbsup_anim: