Any of you ever go out to Yucca Valley? Looked around on Google Earth and there appears to be many trails.

Audible :)

Any of you ever go out to Yucca Valley? Looked around on Google Earth and there appears to be mant trails.

One thing about Google Earth, it DOES NOT tell you what's open or closed, and you can't see locked gates.

A lot of stuff in Yucca Valley is closed, I've ridden out there many times in the past, but we lost a lot of trails out there.

Any of you ever go out to Yucca Valley? Looked around on Google Earth and there appears to be mant trails.

One thing about Google Earth, it DOES NOT tell you what's open or closed, and you can't see locked gates.

A lot of stuff in Yucca Valley is closed, I've ridden out there many times in the past, but we lost a lot of trails out there.

My wifes family has 5 acres off "Pipes Road" and I got geen light to camp on it/stage there and check out surronding terrain. So I plan to go out there the week of 12/21/09 and see what's what.

There is definitely stuff open, so should be fun exploring.

You should PM Riceless on ADVrider, he knows that area well !

"Riceless" from ADV Rider is your man for info on riding areas out that way.....Brent is a member here too but spends most of his time on ADVRider.......

(EDIT: Just saw that Randy stole my "Riceless" thunder :) ......)

This photo of "Hercule's Finger" in nearby Johnson Valley always cracks me up :lol: :

Herculesfinger.jpg

Go here for a few other GPS Waypoints/points of interest in the nearby Jonson Valley area: http://www.ohvguide.com/maps/johnsonvalleygps.htm

This might be A bit too far North, depending on where you're at in Yucca valley, but as shown on the map, Johnson Valley OHV covers a large area...from Boone road on south end closer to Yucca valley up to near Camp Rock road North of the City of Johnson Valley.

If you happen to be exploring the North side of the Johnson Valley OHV area, and you are up for a little dual sport ride:

a unique spot to visit is Slash X Ranch on Hwy 247 . it is a funky little bar/restaurant serving burgers, fries, beer, etc frequented mostly by off road bikers. they have live country music sometimes...(Slash X Cafe 28040 Barstow RoadBarstow, CA 92311-7002)

google says about 20 miles North of the Camp Rock road area...I think you can take dirt roads most of the way, though I haven't done that particular stretch. (some of it, you would need a plated bike).

From slash x you can continue North through stoddard wells OHV area all the way to Barstow...you can ride right to the outlet mall in Barstow.

Below is a recent photo from Burns Canyon just outside of Pioneertown (just outside of Yucca). This road goes to Big Bear. Speaking of Riceless, he stopped here when I was resting and took this photo. Nice guy. Seems to know the area real well.

DSC02438.jpg

This is a road in JV as mentioned by others. This particular road is 15 minutes from Yucca.

DSC01696-1.jpg

Landers is about 10 minutes from Yucca. I have hooked up to a dirt road from Reche in Landers that went to Giant Rock. Plenty of riding out there if you know the area. I am not that up on the whole landscape.

I would spend more time up there, but do not have a smaller bike these days. Hope to get one in 2010.

Jim