Crawdaddy

Another Big Dog Trip Report =

Glad you enjoyed the bike! She's definitely a keeper......I forgot to tell you I have a class on Monday nights so if you want to bring it by my brother will be here or you can just hold onto her a little longer :ph34r:

Thanks again for letting me borrow the bike.......there's no shortage of reviews/opinions on this newish bike out in cyper space but it was really nice/beneficial to be able to "conduct " a review rather than just reading about the experiences of others.......I now have a very clear idea of what this bike is capable of and I know how that capability meshes up with my own riding style/needs.......appears to be a good fit.......I'll bring your bike by your place Tuesday after work......THANKS!

Some guy on ADVrider just posted up a couple of pics regarding a power reduction deal he just concluded.....he's gonna be loving life out on the single track:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.ph...;postcount=7846

Fakey I know there is loads and loads of stuff N of SF out toward Fort Bragg and Eureka but I am not personally familiar with any of it

Yes- as well as off Hwy 49 in the gold country. Trying to find some adventure rides closer to home. Maybe Angeles or east thereof. But I want to GO somewhere and SEE something. Getting burnt on CC and Lark. Should the economy ever revive for my business, I'll get a smaller bike for those activities. And the track.

There is some stuff in Angeles Crest area, I have ridden Santa Clarita Divide. There also are dirt roads that can take you from Tujunga/Burbank/Angeles Crest over to Palmdale, and Palmdale to Santa Clarita. The LA guys ride Angeles Crest every weekend as a dual sport ride about 100 mile loop and always post up on ADVrider in the California/West forum

I noticed that guy has the FMF q4 on there also Chris I really want to try one that has it. I had an offer to test ride the one that was the guinea pig for the thumper racing kit since it has the fmf on it also. I know some people say why spend money on power mods on a bike thats slow to begin with but I guess I don't feel the bike needs much more and I don't want to trade in my 5000 mile oil changes (not 3000 :ph34r:) and 26000 mile valve check for something more high strung. Plus I never want to deal with a carburetor again

WR250R Farkling update:

Bought the bike Thursday and ripped out all the smog crap Sat. :party: …..started out only intending to remove the smog canister so I could mount the skid plate and then my “Tim Allen (More Power) Tendencies” merged with “weight reduction impulses” and I also ripped out the AIS system and permanently affixed the air box flapper valve in the “open” position (it was originally operated by the AIS)….MORE AIR = MORE POWER!!! :good: …….but wait, what’s the point of letting more air into the system if the stock tail pipe is all choked up with its internal catalytic converter and controlled by the EXUP system?? :huh:B)<_< ......that stuff has to go too!! :drinks::bye: (I’m going to need a larger “stock removal” box to store all the stuff I’m taking off the bike.....the list keeps growing :P )

So I also ordered a FMF Fuel Programmer ( http://www.fmfracing.com/Mode/Category/442 ) and a Dubach Racing exhaust along with a quiet core insert ( http://appliedrace.com/store/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1680 ) Thanks Christi!....

These mods should produce results similar to ADVRider High Five’s Dyno runs: http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/dynotesting/71-dyno2

(though I'm running with the stock (foam) air filter and I don’t have the FMF header pipe)

Other WR250 Mods thus far:

More performance stuff - Added speed bleeders and seal savers to forks….

Protective stuff – Skid plate, radiator guard, rotor guard (front) are installed…..still waiting on Motoworld for GYTR rear rotor guard

Ergos - Decided to go ahead and order cheapo Tusk Fat bar and risers while I wait for GPR to release the V4 under bar stabilizer….. fat bar/risers should arrive tomorrow…….I'll likely need to "bend" the Cycra Pro Bends a bit to mount to the triple clamp and keep the bar "clutter free"....

Misc. - haven’t installed heated grips or Speedo Healer yet (stock speedo runs off tranny and it’s way off…things are only made worse when you start manipulating gearing and tire sizes……the speedo healer is programmable to re calibrate speedo/odo: ( http://www.12oclocklabs.com )….. also waiting on Motoworld for 12T counter sprocket (I know, it’s only a 250 but might as well optimize that gearbox :clapping: …..factory 13/43 gearing is set up for street)

Superhawk funds are being rapidly depleted on farkling the little bike!!! :king:

May or may not have the WR250R set up in time for Superstition this weekend…..I'd like to bring it along even if I haven't got everything set up (want to ride it around in the flats/whoops and mess with suspension settings)........that’s Ok, Superstition is more of a “520 playground” anyway........and I still have that option available to me :crazy:

…..started out only intending to remove the smog canister and then my “Tim Allen (More Power) Tendencies” merged with “weight reduction impulses” and I also ripped out the AIS system and permanently affixed the air box flapper valve in the “open” position (it was originally operated by the AIS)….MORE AIR = MORE POWER!!! …….but wait, what’s the point of letting more air into the system if the stock tail pipe is all choked up with its internal catalytic converter and controlled by the EXUP system?? ......that stuff has to go too!!

So I also ordered a FMF Fuel Programmer ( http://www.fmfracing.com/Mode/Category/442 ) and a Dubach Racing exhaust along with a quiet core insert ( http://appliedrace.com/store/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1680 ) Thanks Christi!....

Boy - keeping the motor stock, quiet, don't need more power, want reliability and great mileage sure didn't last long did it.... at least you ordered the quiet core insert.... :)

.....Boy - keeping the motor stock, quiet, don't need more power, want reliability and great mileage sure didn't last long did it.... at least you ordered the quiet core insert.... :lol:

Did I say that? :) ............It'll definitely be a bit louder (hopefully the quiet core will help with that), and fuel economy will drop a bit.....but I wouldn’t think there will be an impact on reliability (I'm just letting it breathe easier and adjusting the fuel map accordingly).......the fun factor should only increase.......and that, my friend, is what it's all about :)

Crawdaddy,

And, what do you do with the + and - buttons on the FMF Controller? More Power/ Less Power?

Springs?? What about the suspension Springs? You can't imagine Yamaha designed that bike for your

"demagraphic"?

Crawdaddy,

And, what do you do with the + and - buttons on the FMF Controller? More Power/ Less Power?

Springs?? What about the suspension Springs? You can't imagine Yamaha designed that bike for your

"demagraphic"?

Programmer - more fuel as required.....smooth through the revs......(some programmers can add or subtract fuel - the FMF PP can only add fuel)

Haven't got to the suspension yet.......I'll be fiddling with settings........my hunch is it's probably fine for the way "I" ride.........you won't see C-Daddy pulling big air, racing mx, slamming across whoops, etc.......that's not my game......

Dubach Pipe is now on the bike (thanks again Christi)......started it up on the stand.......yep, it's kind of loud but I'm sure it'll tame down once I insert the quiet core (should be here within 2 weeks).....my perception of loud is a bit skewed.......my Honda Superhawk with Wolf Racing pipes was loud........my CR500 two Smoker was nutty loud........the various KTMs over the years were/are loud.......my YZ400 with White Bro's exhaust was loud.......this bike isn't loud even without the quiet core (to me).....then again, I haven't put on the rear wheel and taken it out on the road yet......don't get me wrong, I'm all for quiet bikes/open trails......but this bike whispers compared to some other "plated" bikes out there, even in it's modified state......

Also mounted FMF Programmer last night and made initial "fat boy" settings on suspension (except sag which I'll set with some assistance out in Stuper-Stition).......need to button it all back up and get out to ride/adjust/tinker/fiddle - dial it in!!!

The biggest thing I recall on the clickers is the rear shock does not have enough rebound dampening even at full slow so some of us were running lighter on the preload to help balance it out. The bike is a bit stink bug from the factory the rear is higher than the front I think