carguy

Just some desert riding

At 20 degrees in the mornings here and 10 in the hills, I think some desert riding is in order.

Anyone want to ride Ocotillo area Saturday 23rd of Dec? :lol:

Some long sandy washes & stuff.

I will exercise the trailer option for this one, any takers???

I will exercise the trailer option for this one, any takers???

Mmmm, trailer sounds good. I'm likely in.

I would love to go, but I should wait until after the first. Tuesday I got the two dozen staples taken out of my head from surgery. I had a melanoma tumer removed, they removed it all with surgery. I won't need chemical or radiation treatment, and I am now cancer free. I also had my knee checked out, it is a torn MCL with is healing nicely. I won't need surgery unless I damage it again.

My bike is ready to go. I just added a Tonn racing skid plate and some fork protectors, I am also carrying a spare set of brake and clutch levers. I have a new set of tires to put on, but I want to get a couple more rides out of the old ones first. Other than pointing skyward far too often they seem to be giving me satisfactory traction.

Carguy, how are you healing up? I still want to check out that trail that I sent you on google earth. I can't wait until I can get out there and ride with you guys again. Ken

...I am also carrying a spare set of brake and clutch levers.

Dingity Dang Ken, that's what them spiffy aluminiminuminum reinforced handguards is fer' :lol:

Well get well. Sorry to have missed you these past few rides. Good on the sucessful surgery!!

=====

Hey Carguy, heard it was 24 degrees in Campo this morning... uh can't ride out there before dawn I'm afraid... :lol:

Glad to hear all is well Ken! Please take care so we can see you on the trails again.

As for the Sat ride. If neither Trigger or myself break down Fri, I will be there as well. Need to get in as much practice as possible while I can.

I would love to go, but I should wait until after the first. Tuesday I got the two dozen staples taken out of my head from surgery. I had a melanoma tumer removed, they removed it all with surgery. I won't need chemical or radiation treatment, and I am now cancer free. I also had my knee checked out, it is a torn MCL with is healing nicely. I won't need surgery unless I damage it again.

My bike is ready to go. I just added a Tonn racing skid plate and some fork protectors, I am also carrying a spare set of brake and clutch levers. I have a new set of tires to put on, but I want to get a couple more rides out of the old ones first. Other than pointing skyward far too often they seem to be giving me satisfactory traction.

Carguy, how are you healing up? I still want to check out that trail that I sent you on google earth. I can't wait until I can get out there and ride with you guys again. Ken

Awesome news, Cancer Free. Heal up we will check the trails out soon enough. I am good to go. Still have a broken mirror, but I am ready to ride.

sandiegoland Posted Today, 09:21 AM Hey Carguy, heard it was 24 degrees in Campo this morning... uh can't ride out there before dawn I'm afraid...

That is why I will trailer it to the desert. I just can't get motivated to ride 70MPH at 24 degrees. If you change your mind there is room on the trailer for 4-5 more bikes.

sandiegoland Posted Today, 09:21 AM Hey Carguy, heard it was 24 degrees in Campo this morning... uh can't ride out there before dawn I'm afraid...

That is why I will trailer it to the desert. I just can't get motivated to ride 70MPH at 24 degrees. If you change your mind there is room on the trailer for 4-5 more bikes.

I'm talking about just the ride out to Campo! I might borrow a truck. What time are you leaving your pad and what is the magic time in Ocotillo?

Let's see if I can get the 640 running by Friday night.

Say a prayer for me.........in a world of human wreckage.

...I am also carrying a spare set of brake and clutch levers.

Dingity Dang Ken, that's what them spiffy aluminiminuminum reinforced handguards is fer' :lol:

Thats what I thought until the mighty crash of "06". I didn't think I could break levers with those heavy duty ZETA handguards on. I learn something new every day. It only took a 50 mile ride in the sand and rocks with no clutch to learn this lesson. And another good reason to disconnect the clutch "safety switch". If not me, someone will need them on a ride sometime, and they don't weigh much. Ken

80% of the board believes that "Randy" is a fictitious character created to enforce the rules around here and promote off-roading in a positive way... so Kevin (aka "vice-pres") can enjoy the rides without having to play bad-ass bossman.

Once a year, an actor is hired to play the role of "Randy". Hopefully we can hire the same guy every year for the Desert Dash. Otherwise the charade will fall to pieces!! :lol:

=====

Seriously, I'm pulling for the 640!! I believe that Randy is real (or at least I think I do... I mean, I have ridden with him... or this the conspiracy behind what was behind the forum getting "erased"?) :lol:

80% of the board believes that "Randy" is a fictitious character created to enforce the rules around here and promote off-roading in a positive way... so Kevin (aka "vice-pres") can enjoy the rides without having to play bad-ass bossman.

Once a year, an actor is hired to play the role of "Randy". Hopefully we can hire the same guy every year for the Desert Dash. Otherwise the charade will fall to pieces!! :lol:

=====

Seriously, I'm pulling for the 640!! I believe that Randy is real (or at least I think I do... I mean, I have ridden with him... or this the conspiracy behind what was behind the forum getting "erased"?) :lol:

You guessed it. Randy is not real. Randy is my middle name, thus he is the other side of my split personality. Haven't you ever wondered why you have never seen us togehter on the same ride? Kevin

If we get our bikes running, I will leave my place at 730 and will be at the 76 station in Ocotillo about 830.

If we get our bikes running, I will leave my place at 730 and will be at the 76 station in Ocotillo about 830.

I'll leave at 7:00 and should easily be in Ocotillo by 8:30.

Looking for a sat ride sounds like fun. Where can I and is their still room on the trailer for one heavy KLR. Reply please the doc.

Trailer is rated at 10,000 lbs. I live in Campo.

PM me if you want the address