Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Live Oaks Grand Prix Aug 29/30

I just read about the first grand prix that will be put on at the new Live Oak Springs track. Makes me wish I were young again, or at least in good shape. ;) I will probably go down there to spectate a bit and cheer on any of our club members who will be participating in this event.

An excerpt from the post at Dist 38:

It's On, The Live Oaks Gran Prix

Postby P.K. on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:21 pm

We worked out the details today for the Live Oaks G.P. Hosted By Roadrunners The race will be held August 29,30 with classes for everyone. The race will be run on our new D-38 race track that will include the new north loop through the tunnels. This race will be AMA sanctioned but will not pay District 38 points. This event will mark the first MC race here in 36 years and promises to be epic. We will post an information flier on this board later in the week.

That sounds very cool to see...Ive never been to a race, except barona once, way back when....thanks for the post....

kinda sucks they are charging 5$ just to hang out.

kinda sucks they are charging 5$ just to hang out.

Meh.....that's what I thought, too. ;) Maybe I'll just bring a really long focal length lens for my camera and hang out on the edge of the road above the track. B):lol: :lol:

The 5$ is good for both days at least. You get a wrist band, like at the grand opening.

so are you guys still going to this? robert racing? The flyer says novice on saturday. Open on sunday :unsure: Good way to make $$??. I'd like to come out and spectate if you all are gonna be out there. they are gonna open up the north side of the track for sunday.

hmm I was all in but its now a tough call,,,,,,,,,the TXC is TLC mode to prepare for the rest of the year races WHS and H&H,,,,,however I do have a 97 RM125 that really is not suspended for me but rails neverthe less!! the kids (girls want to do it. we shall see how it shakes out.

hmm I was all in but its now a tough call,,,,,,,,,the TXC is TLC mode to prepare for the rest of the year races WHS and H&H,,,,,however I do have a 97 RM125 that really is not suspended for me but rails neverthe less!! the kids (girls want to do it. we shall see how it shakes out.

You are welcome to ride my 540 or 300 if you want to race. I'm not really interested in riding this one so I was just going to come out and hang but if no one is going well either am I.

If nothing else developes, I still plan to go out there and have a look-see nad take some pix. Would be nice to cheer on somebody we know.

I was thinking of heading out saturday to watch with my 2 teens... check out the track, maybe take the long way home through julian and mountains......but for me also, will see what develops as the week progresses...

I know there won't be very many if any women doing the race. Theres only 3 girls that race d38 usually and I'd be surprised if they come out for this race. But the roadrunners guy told us that if 5 females are signed up they will get their own race and get to choose how long they want it to be. "1/2 hour or whatever". I think briana, mimi, dsfox, roberts daughter and one more woman come and get their own heat. Then we cheer you all on!! Now that would be worth the 5$.

I know there won't be very many if any women doing the race. Theres only 3 girls that race d38 usually and I'd be surprised if they come out for this race. But the roadrunners guy told us that if 5 females are signed up they will get their own race and get to choose how long they want it to be. "1/2 hour or whatever". I think briana, mimi, dsfox, roberts daughter and one more woman come and get their own heat. Then we cheer you all on!! Now that would be worth the 5$.

Well, if it was all us, that would be a hoot. :lol:

Well, if it was all us, that would be a hoot. ;)

You're a good sport. Briana is willing to race if you can get together a few more ladies for a lady race. Let us know if you are going out saturday. If you decide to come out to race or just hang out I'll show up and bring my bike and maybe do the novice race. 40$ for a 25minute race seems a bit steep though. :P

Christi20 races, but I don't think she does this format of racing. If we could get her, then we'd just need two more. I think that I could last for 25 minutes maybe. ;):P

I actually LOVE Grand Prixs. That is my favorite type of racing! Not too long and not too short (like mx). But, I am still not 100% healed yet. Still on the Racing DL. And, it's pretty far for me. If I was healthy I would do it though!

I have a feeling several girls will show for this. I know several super fast girls that will probably race this. I can't believe they aren't offering a womens class. If they want women, they need to offer the class, not the other way around. ;)

On the other hand I like to race with guys! It's much more of a challenge and much more rewarding to dice with them.

You should try it. I raced the D38 GP is 2005 in Holtville and if it weren't for the 2' deep sand it would have been awesome.

I can't believe they aren't offering a womens class. If they want women, they need to offer the class, not the other way around. :(

They are offering a women's class. I think that they will be run with another class if there isn't a turnout of five or more. Five or more gets their own race, is the way I understood the statement.

On other matters, I think Socalhodaka oughta come out there on Saturday and race the vintage class. :drinks:

100+ in campo this weekend. I'm OUT.

Yeah, I was thinking about that today when it was so hot up here in North County. Didn't sound like too much fun to be baking down there at the races....I guess we'd be baking almost anywhere but the beach....or Troy Meadows. :rolleyes:

out,

The BRUX Racing USA crew will be at the service of GP Motorcycles this weekend, stop in and see us.

ditto, with this heat, I'm probably not heading out there....and kids have commitments going on also, so can't make it....as far as racing, if there were only 5 women, I guess I couldn't do worse than 5th, which in a normal size race might be respectable, but not sure I'm that adventurous....maybe next one! :rolleyes:

Sorry I didn't make the race that weekend. After viewing the results, it looks like they had a nice track and a good turnout of riders. Only two or three women showed up to race and the one that won the womens division wasn't a racer. Maybe the Roadrunners will put on another GP in cooler months to come. Then I might just have to join in the fun. <_<