Sign in to follow this  
DRZrider

new rider looking for someone to go with

Hi guys, DRZrider here. I am new to the dualsporting. I've been in SD for about 9 years and just recently bought a used 07 DRZ400S. I am an average rider, no mad skills here. I still have the origional trailwings on so I won't be able to hang with anything too exciting. Additionally I don't have a truck, but I don't mind riding a ways to get to the area. I have saturday and sunday off. I don't know of any legal offroad areas around here so if anyone wants to take me under there wing or tell me where to go I would appreciate it.

:rolleyes:

you picked the right place;

Get those deathwings off!

Ask about any of the rides, and ask for a truck ride when folks are heading East... The DRZ will do it, but a truck ride let's you relax a little, and pick the brain of the driver

There is a group heading out to Jacumba, but I would not suggest you do that on those tires...

Run over to pastas house and meet some of the folks on Saturday!

Welcome

Swing over to PastaPilot's on the TrailWings, hope to see ya there! :rolleyes:

Who's going to jacumba?

I'm going out there sunday at 9:30 at the gas station. We'll be hitting the technical stuff... Death wings not recommended.

GREAT,, I can only ride on sundays, and i,mm slow and my bike is a fat girl who like to take naps.

I,m up for a ride, plus i got a truck and trailer

WOOPWOOP WOOPIE

GREAT,, I can only ride on sundays, and i,mm slow and my bike is a fat girl who like to take naps.

I,m up for a ride, plus i got a truck and trailer

WOOPWOOP WOOPIE

Tuna; pm me next Sunday that you are available; I'll lay out a good route for your KLR and join you on my XRL with deathwings... I won't take that bike to north jacumba however

:lol: Welcome DRZRider. I have the exact same set up as you. Crawdaddy is a great ride leader, you should go on one of his easier rides. If your in the Temecula area look me up and we'll ride. Did you get the blue or yellow model.

Audible B)

I have the yellow bike. I got a great deal on craigslist 07 w/400 miles completely stock for $3500. I have ordered some MT21's a 41 and 48 sprocket, and a JD jet kit so I can do the 3X3. I think I'm on the right track. I live on the silver strand so not too close to temecula, I am going to put the new tires before I go off road again. A friend of mine told me about pine valley, which i rode saturday and sunday on the deathwings, got in a littel over my head twice, but made it out. Oh yeah and I found out why the emissions canister sucks, kept creating vancuum in the gas tank. see ya.

I have the yellow bike. I got a great deal on craigslist 07 w/400 miles completely stock for $3500. I have ordered some MT21's a 41 and 48 sprocket, and a JD jet kit so I can do the 3X3. I think I'm on the right track. I live on the silver strand so not too close to temecula, I am going to put the new tires before I go off road again. A friend of mine told me about pine valley, which i rode saturday and sunday on the deathwings, got in a littel over my head twice, but made it out. Oh yeah and I found out why the emissions canister sucks, kept creating vancuum in the gas tank. see ya.

You missed the tech day at pilots house... blind fixed all the same stuff, with some help and encouragement.

I'm up for Pine Valley if you go on a Sunday or Monday... the earlier the better

i'll post if I'm going in Informal Rides. Everybody is always welcome, but be mindful of skill ratings. Most of my rides are novice to intermediate... If you are new to dirt, just make sure we know, so we can plan our day accordingly

(see that rad and schwinn both mentioned slow ride for Saturday... newer riders... Gunner therefore knows what to expect)

Hey bikeslut...... oh yeah nice name you will have to tell me the reason for it.... or maybe not. Anyways sunday the 14th sounds good to me. What time you want to meet up 0900 is good for me? I will ride out there from the silver strand unless someone wants to help me truck it. Anyone else want to go? DaveB?

posted a ride in Informal-

bikeslut = no brand loyalty

currently have 3 yamahas, 3 hondas, a suzuki and an eton (motors)

a Fisher, Intense, Raleigh, Nashbar, Trek, Giant and Univega (pedals)

I'm kind of a Ford guy, though...Comet, Courier, Ranger, Explorer, F250, and a couple of 150's (not all at the same time)