Howdy,

I'm a new member of SDAR and I'm just trying to "get up to speed" here regarding the organizations past or current efforts on land access issues. I'm actually a park ranger and have worked in these areas for about 22 years. I'm a long time dual sport rider...and I promise that I'm not a Sierra Club spy :angry:

Specifically:

Is there a specific focus group at SDAR that deals with access issues?

Does SDAR hold a IRS 503 © (3) Nonprofit Organization status?

I've seen the trail makers on a route by Corral Canyon that states it's maintained by SDAR. What agreements are in place with the forest service for this?

Does SDAR hold any other agreements with other agencies: BLM, State Parks, County Parks?

Has the SDAR ever applied for CA OHV Grant funds?

Does SDAR have an attorney(s) as members?

Has SDAR pursued any legal actions with the above resource(s)?

Has SDAR filed any FOIR's (Freedom of Information Requests) regarding access issues?

Sorry for all the questions...just trying to see where we are at.

Thanks

RRRrrrrrraaaannnnnnnnndddddddddyyyyyyyy!!!!

new guy is asking a bunch of questions!!!!

I don't know the answers!

Looks like we just found or new land issue representative. All in favor say aye. :angry:

To answer some of your questions. We have attorneys as members but I don’t think they are land use attorneys (does real estate count?).

Randy and a few others help us keep up on access issues.

We have some members who are also members of the off-road coalition and have lobbied at the statehouse on occasion.

Review the land issue portion of the site.

Welcome to the madhouse, it sounds like you will be a real asset. B) And don't forget to have fun and ride!!! :)

Randy (KTMRad) our illustrious jefe would know the answers to your questions. We all just sort of do what he says. :lol:

Glad to have you on here, it sounds like you can give us pointers on helping to keep areas open and accessible.

Howdy,

I'm a new member of SDAR and I'm just trying to "get up to speed" here regarding the organizations past or current efforts on land access issues. I'm actually a park ranger and have worked in these areas for about 22 years. I'm a long time dual sport rider...and I promise that I'm not a Sierra Club spy :lol:

Specifically:

Is there a specific focus group at SDAR that deals with access issues?

Does SDAR hold a IRS 503 © (3) Nonprofit Organization status?

I've seen the trail makers on a route by Corral Canyon that states it's maintained by SDAR. What agreements are in place with the forest service for this?

Does SDAR hold any other agreements with other agencies: BLM, State Parks, County Parks?

Has the SDAR ever applied for CA OHV Grant funds?

Does SDAR have an attorney(s) as members?

Has SDAR pursued any legal actions with the above resource(s)?

Has SDAR filed any FOIR's (Freedom of Information Requests) regarding access issues?

Thanks

I don't know all the answers to these questions, but it's great that they're being asked, and could/should be a role SDAR could play. And, for bringing forward these great ideas, Bikeslut will change any flat tires you may have.

Looks like we just found or new land issue representative. All in favor say aye. :lol:

To answer some of your questions. We have attorneys as members but I don’t think they are land use attorneys (does real estate count?).

Randy and a few others help us keep up on access issues.

We have some members who are also members of the off-road coalition and have lobbied at the statehouse on occasion.

Review the land issue portion of the site.

Welcome to the madhouse, it sounds like you will be a real asset. ;) And don't forget to have fun and ride!!! :)

Yes, most of our agency land use issues are handled by our attorneys with "Real Estate Law" backgrounds...so that sounds very good.

I will check into the land issue section. Again, I'm just trying to get a "feel" for whats up...

Thanks

Have you heard of the Stewards of the Sequoia

Chris is real pioneer when it comes to representing land use groups correctly. I had the pleasure of blazing some trails with him in his earlier days.

Have you heard of the Stewards of the Sequoia

Chris is real pioneer when it comes to representing land use groups correctly. I had the pleasure of blazing some trails with him in his earlier days.

Looks good. I'll have to spend some more reading time on their site. Sounds like they have their act together!

Be careful Batman, it could be a trap?

Be careful Batman, it could be a trap?

The "TRAP" we need to set if for the land closure lobby...

Howdy,

I'm a new member of SDAR and I'm just trying to "get up to speed" here regarding the organizations past or current efforts on land access issues. I'm actually a park ranger and have worked in these areas for about 22 years. I'm a long time dual sport rider...and I promise that I'm not a Sierra Club spy :lol:

Specifically:

Is there a specific focus group at SDAR that deals with access issues? No

I've seen the trail makers on a route by Corral Canyon that states it's maintained by SDAR. What agreements are in place with the forest service for this? Adopt a trail agreement

Does SDAR hold any other agreements with other agencies: BLM, State Parks, County Parks? Yes

Has the SDAR ever applied for CA OHV Grant funds? No

Does SDAR have an attorney(s) as members? Yes

Has SDAR pursued any legal actions with the above resource(s)? No

Has SDAR filed any FOIR's (Freedom of Information Requests) regarding access issues? No

Thanks

:ph34r: