dualbmw

Shaver Lake "Big Bike" Ride

Currently planning a "big bike" jeep road, some ATV trails, event the last weekend of July 27-31. Have reserved a cabin in Shaver Lake that sleeps 6, 4 beds taken already, $180/person for 4 nights. Plans are to leave Sunday July 26, overnight somewhere, then Monday into Shaver lake, ride, eat, drink, sleep, eat, ride, drink, sleep, etc. Ride dirt roads/trails for 3 days, depart Friday, return San Diego as you please!! Riders will be on KLR, BMW GS'S so far. Very, very casual event!! But ride at your own pace!!

No whimps, squids, bozos!!! Non smoking cabin!!!

Please contact me at dualbmw@gmail.com if interested and I will pass on the request to our rider planner.

Ron Spicer

Currently planning a "big bike" jeep road, some ATV trails, event the last weekend of July 27-31. Have reserved a cabin in Shaver Lake that sleeps 6, 4 beds taken already, $180/person for 4 nights. Plans are to leave Sunday July 26, overnight somewhere, then Monday into Shaver lake, ride, eat, drink, sleep, eat, ride, drink, sleep, etc. Ride dirt roads/trails for 3 days, depart Friday, return San Diego as you please!! Riders will be on KLR, BMW GS'S so far. Very, very casual event!! But ride at your own pace!!

Please contact me at dualbmw@gmail.com if interested and I will pass on the request to our rider planner.

Ron Spicer

Ron, where is Shaver Lake??

Are you going on Damon's ride next weekend?

Kevin, Shaver Lake is on the west side of the Sierra, near Kaiser Pass up in the Courtwright Reservoir area, you know where that is.

Kevin, Shaver Lake is on the west side of the Sierra, near Kaiser Pass up in the Courtwright Reservoir area, you know where that is.

Gotcha, now I have to figure out if I am a "bozo" or not.

Gotcha, now I have to figure out if I am a "bozo" or not.

;)

Ron Spicer

Ron, we will be camping at Camp Edison on Shaver Lake July 24th thru Aug 2nd! (Space 44)

We will have the boat and both bikes too. ;) We must get together for a couple of rides! Email to follow this post.

Guys and Gals............ if you have not been up to this area...... It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Lots of riding; both street and dirt. We have been going up here every summer for over thirty years and have not seen everything yet.

Teasers.

Indian Pools '09

353378444_YZD39-M.jpg

353377663_YwMiC-M.jpg

Dirt Trails Abound

86588602_eVuLR-S.jpg

Trail to Muchroom Rock

50784579_zSVGs-M.jpg

Keirchoff Dome below Huntington Lake

86598584_yN5pc-M-1.jpg

Wishon Res

86589174_Ln9pn-M.jpg

86589015_HAPVL-M.jpg

Courtwright Res

86589878_pRRna-M.jpg

Lake Edison from Kaiser Pass near the Dusy Ershim Trail

87284831_BEXi7-M.jpg

Spyder and Sampson at Shaver

87284863_wEvmG-S.jpg

The Forks for Lunch at Bass Lake

343613458_i4yJD-M.jpg

There is so much more to see!

Spyder

I understand what a whimp and a bozo is, but what is a "squid"?

Squid (motorcycle) - Wikipedia

SQUID - What does SQUID stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the ... Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous (motorcycle Slang) SQUID: Stupidly Quick, Underdressed and Imminently Dead (motorcycle Slang)

Squid is a slang term used to describe an irresponsible motorcyclist. The term is common among motorcyclists in North America. The term is generally used to describe a motorcyclist who rides aggressively, erratically or beyond their capabilities.

I looked these two definitions up for you.

Squid (motorcycle) - Wikipedia

SQUID - What does SQUID stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the ... Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous (motorcycle Slang) SQUID: Stupidly Quick, Underdressed and Imminently Dead (motorcycle Slang)

Squid is a slang term used to describe an irresponsible motorcyclist. The term is common among motorcyclists in North America. The term is generally used to describe a motorcyclist who rides aggressively, erratically or beyond their capabilities.

I looked these two definitions up for you.

wow, no idea. I can be slightly retarded at times; I hear squid, I think sailor, but ok, got it, no squids. Wish I could attend this or any ride, but am currently about 10,000 miles away. Have fun on the ride, and post lots of pictures.

BTTT

It's less than three weeks away.

GS is getting a used set wheels and tires for offroad today.

Boat is ready. It was gorgeous at El Cap yesterday.

Can't wait!

Spyder