I find myself with time on Wed 22. All this bad man talk has got me scared! Need some company. Who wants/can go?

I took a few days of leave this week so I could go exploring the back roads of San Diego, but what happens? A tube that supports the rear fender on my bike sheared off.

Today I'm going to see if it can be welded. If it can be fixed - even if it's just tempory - I'm riding tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm grounded until a new part arrives.

A tube that supports the rear fender on my bike sheared off.

Hummm.......That's not the same tube that your turn signal mounts to, is it ???

......Posted Image

....................Hey 2Wheels, just wanted to say Hi ,,, ( my way* )

How did you guess?

Good news: I found a welding shop in Santee that can fix the tube.

Bad news: It won't be ready until tomorrow. I'm grounded until Thanksgiving.

I should be back home around noon, will that work??

Where do you want to ride?

I find myself with time on Wed 22. All this bad man talk has got me scared! Need some company. Who wants/can go?

Hey 2wheels, I have a few welders. :ph34r:

Hey 2wheels, I have a few welders. :ph34r:

The part is in Santee right now, but I might take up your offer next time something breaks. Thanks.

So what did you have in mind carguy? Where and how long?

Your post, you tell me. :ph34r:

Where do you live, what area. :blink:

It would be a afternoon ride. A few hours, Inland, Mountains, Desert it is all good.

I live in Encinitas. Up for any type of ride. You seem much more knowledgabe about trails and such, so I will trust you. 12:00 is good. Depending on what you want to do, and where you want to do it, I can either ride out or truck it! Skill level is average.

I live in Encinitas. Up for any type of ride. You seem much more knowledgabe about trails and such, so I will trust you. 12:00 is good. Depending on what you want to do, and where you want to do it, I can either ride out or truck it! Skill level is average.

I know best where I live. How about meeting at Bear Valley Off Road area to start. I-8 East, take Pine Valley Exit turn Right. I will be there at noon o'clock. We can ride Pine Creek then Thing Valley and loop back to Pine Valley. A mix of paved and dirt, nothing too challenging. Just good scenery. 2-4 hours. :ph34r:

What part of town would that end up being?

Quite a bit South East of you. Pine Valley is the town. East County is the place.

From El Cajon about 30 miles to Pine Valley due east.

32deg 49'00.04"N 116deg 31'59.86"W or what it says below.

Posted Image

Carguy I do appreciate your offer, but that trip will have to wait for and earlier day with less pressure. I need to get back and pack up bike/fam/stuff. We are going to mountains for extended weekend. Traffic trying to get back home would be 3 hrs. Wife already does enough nagging!! That would set a nasty mood for the hole weekend, and I would like to ride up there as well.

Carguy I do appreciate your offer, but that trip will have to wait for and earlier day with less pressure. I need to get back and pack up bike/fam/stuff. We are going to mountains for extended weekend. Traffic trying to get back home would be 3 hrs. Wife already does enough nagging!! That would set a nasty mood for the hole weekend, and I would like to ride up there as well.

Okay, next time :ph34r:

Okay, next time :ph34r:

Are we calling this off?

I'm ok with that. I've got plenty to do tomorrow.

I did not intend to post a ride, I was responding to another rider with suggestions .

I will ride if there is interest. Want to ride MikeyB? I always have things to do.

Can be there at noon, or car stuff. :blink:

Let's skip it then.

Getting work done tomorrow will give me time to get out to the desert this weekend.

Desert/Desert/Desert!! :ph34r::blink::blink:

The ride will be Desert. B)

I might do a little jaut down Banner to Rodrigus and Oriflamme -- Julian would be my start and end point - morning ride. If anyone else is interested let me know

I might do a little jaut down Banner to Rodrigus and Oriflamme -- Julian would be my start and end point - morning ride. If anyone else is interested let me know

Street ride? What time are you planning.

from Julian it is 8 miles of pavement down Banner to the gate. Dirt from there some of it rough. It is a short dirt loop that doesnt take that long. Anyway it is 52 degrees up here at 6:30 am with clear skies. Looks like a good riding day.

I have to take kids to school. Then its about 1 hour from here to there. 10-10:30 would be the earliest for me!

10:30 at Norms Gas station in Julian sounds good - it will give me time to put a new tire on.