Sign in to follow this  
Spaugh

d38 night vision extravaganza race

so a few weeks ago d38 had a night race. It was 107 out there during the day and then cooled down nicely at night. I don't have a big HID setup so I figured I would ride sweep and pick up some worker points. There were actually two races, 1 for bikes and 1 for quads. So lucky me got to prerun the coarse, ride sweep during both races, and ride a final lap by myself to sweep at midnight with my dinky little light. I helped out a few downed riders, one guy got his bell rung pretty hard and had to be rescued. I was beat down after riding that many laps. I figured it would be an easy way to earn 2nd place points boy was i wrong. Its all good though! The worker points moved me up to the top of the open class novice riders although there are quite a few faster novice guys than myself, I have participated in all the races this season and am improving. OK for a first go. Hopefully I can do better with the new bike in the second half once summer is over. It would be cool to get a few folks from sdar to come give it a go. A few of you have shown a little interest, I'm sure you would enjoy it. You got all summer to get your ass in shape...

current open class standings

I got a few pics and theres a video from the race on race visions here:

race visions night race video.

3524061687_d8013d3b20_b.jpg

3524061447_9bc7ced904_b.jpg

3524869072_3fa8deeb9e_b.jpg

very nice Brad! If you can't beat 'em, sweep 'em!!

Very cool that you are racing, and doing so well.... keep it up

very nice Brad! If you can't beat 'em, sweep 'em!!

Very cool that you are racing, and doing so well.... keep it up

thanks bob! now we just got to get you out there!!! I can't wait to turn 30 and stop riding with 20 year olds. These guys are rediculously fast.

Great job Brad! Do they have a "I can't wait 'til I turn 50" class. I'm sure the 40 plus folks would help me finish last. Not that I'd do any better in the 50's, but it's an excuse to wait another year or so. :D

Fakey's Mr. Bill light would be handy for the night ride.

Do they have a "I can't wait 'til I turn 50" class.

yep its called senior class 40+

seriously though senior class is pretty competitive, talk to tree. You can go to amad38.com and look at race results. Lots of fast guys. Also lots of not so fast guys. But all of them will tell you its about getting a SERIOUS workout and improving themselves and their skills but not necessarily about winning.

It's like running marathons, most of the people who participate never win. So why do they do it? Maybe to test their personal limits. Maybe to improve over their last marathon. You can't really understand the physical demand required for this until you try it.

It's like running marathons,

Well, I've done a half & one full so maybe I'll hafta join in for the "self improvement" reason. Andy from LA motivated me Friday in my "get back in shape" target....which I'll obviously need to do.

To Finish First , First you must Finish!! Good work Brad!

see below, c'mon,,,,its only a few hours drive up the 15..........and no-where near as many whoops

.Round 8: Oct. 25 2009

Lucerne Valley, Calif.

Tommy Russell

100s MC

(760) 578-7943

russelltmc@earthlink.net

www.100smc.org

To Finish First , First you must Finish!! Good work Brad!

see below, c'mon,,,,its only a few hours drive up the 15..........and no-where near as many whoops

.Round 8: Oct. 25 2009

Lucerne Valley, Calif.

Tommy Russell

100s MC

(760) 578-7943

russelltmc@earthlink.net

www.100smc.org

looks like d38 races are scheduled for the week before and the week after this weekend.

and robert, whoops build character :ph34r: