bikeslut

any musicians out there

I ran across a screen name drz_drummer. As I am a musician, I was wondering... anybody out there?

what do you play and what style of music... I am always up for getting together to jam, and occasionally looking for guys to sub for gigs or rehearsals.

So ?? guessing you play guitar ??

I played the drums back in the late 70's for about ten years..

Full double bass, double tom toms,, double floor toms, double everything.

2 B sticks turned around backwards !!!. Well, you know.

But actually sold them for my first mortorcycle..

Still stuck in the 70's A little I guess, becouse my music room is a 70's theme...

But mostly into blues rock,, satch an vai...now.

post-92-1163645986_thumb.jpgpost-92-1163646112_thumb.jpgpost-92-1163646182_thumb.jpg

And dont hate me.. But, Yes I am a mobile DJ, now..

But I am selling out,, if you know any one let me know..

post-92-1163646953_thumb.jpg

I ran across a screen name drz_drummer. As I am a musician, I was wondering... anybody out there?

what do you play and what style of music... I am always up for getting together to jam, and occasionally looking for guys to sub for gigs or rehearsals.

I have played the Guitar many times over the years, but i SUCK!. Tone Deaf and fat fingers don't work, but I love to ROCK SKYNYRD STYLE!

So ?? guessing you play guitar ??

I played the drums back in the late 70's for about ten years..

Full double bass, double tom toms,, double floor toms, double everything.

2 B sticks turned around backwards !!!. Well, you know.

But actually sold them for my first mortorcycle..

Still stuck in the 70's A little I guess, becouse my music room is a 70's theme...

But mostly into blues rock,, satch an vai...now.

post-92-1163645986_thumb.jpgpost-92-1163646112_thumb.jpgpost-92-1163646182_thumb.jpg

And dont hate me.. But, Yes I am a mobile DJ, now..

But I am selling out,, if you know any one let me know..

post-92-1163646953_thumb.jpg

At least you don't have the classic Farrah Fawcett Poster-Do you!!

At least you don't have the classic Farrah Fawcett Poster-Do you!!

Farrah ???....in my music room . Dont be ridiculous ,

.....She's hanging in the bathroom,....

Posted Image

No- Not really a guitar player- I was a music major in college, so i can fool most non-musicians in to thinking I play anything. I have a working knowledge of pretty much everything in an orchestra, but i play brass instruments, keyboards and bass. I focus on brass instruments these days, as it allows me to play in more bands. Currently in 3 (quit some because of the new baby), but one will probably have to go away if they cant accommodate my new practice schedule... which is: I'll practice at home and show up for the gigs.

As far as Djs go; You have your place... which is 15 minutes of every hour when we're taking our break... YOU can play the chicken dance, I Will Survive and YMCA!

Just kidding- For my wedding, I actually hired a DJ for both (same lady, but we split the reception in to 2 days) days, and had one of my bands at each of the receptions.

Started on piano as a small child. Played tenor sax and guitar in Jr. High and High School. I've been playing the guitar for over 30 years. Always try to learn new material, but never actually been in a band. Got a couple of Taylor acoustics years ago and having a quality instrument really got me back into strumming and playing. I also have a vintage 70's Guild electric and my 16 year old son just bought a Fender Bass. My musical taste is pretty eclectic from classical, blues, jazz, new wave, rock and less mainstream stuff like Frank Zappa, Mike Keneally, Johnny A.

I decided to bump this old thread. :(

I used to play guitar in mostly rock bands, some western too. Also a bit of blues and jazz. I still have three guitars and have picked them back up after many years of dis-use. Boy are my li'l fingertips sore. :o

Circa 1979 Guild S300....Youth is wasted on the young. :lol:

3-11-200884808AM.jpg

Guitar for about 18 years now. Too bad I sound like I've been playing for 3. :lol:

I played piano as a kid, quit playing for 25+ years and then got back into it. I've also been working on guitar for about 5yrs, but just started some official lessons this year. So basically I still suck, but can hang with a basic chord progression.

I'm taking lessons at Ramona music, Jon (owner) has started up a Friday night blues jam which runs from 6-9pm. I've only made one of them so far but there's a pretty good mix of talent and anyone is welcome. So if you're just looking for an easy way to sit in with others keep that in mind. I'm going to try to go again this Friday and sit in on keyboard for a few. They have actually had enough folks show up that they broke it down into three one hour sessions to rotate folks in.

I recently got an idea for a nice music video that would combine muddy adventure riders and tunes together. It would have to involve a rainstorm, mud, rustic settings, a roadhouse, mexican food etc. I can see the whole thing now.... ^_^

I recently got an idea for a nice music video that would combine muddy adventure riders and tunes together. It would have to involve a rainstorm, mud, rustic settings, a roadhouse, mexican food etc. I can see the whole thing now.... ^_^

There you go, U got yourself a job! ;)

I used to be in a high school rock band... those years are over... I grab my guittar sometimes and just have some fun...

Well I suppose you could call me a musician, I have loved playing drums for a little less than 10 years now. I Enjoy playing some funky stuff or just plain old rock. I have played a couple small gigs in bars. We play some Primus covers and similar sounding stuff. Had lots of fun but was never really serious about it though, just another hobby. I havent sat down at my set in a while now, need to move them up to my new place so I can start making noise for my neighbors. :(