Saturday, Digdoug , Martoon my friend Bob and I met up in Boulevard and rode the Border fence from there to Tecate.

On the pavement getting to Boulevard it was pretty windy but once we got off road the weather was perfect. The riding was pretty easy and the pace was mellow.

Saw 1 snake some Border Patrol and a lot of fence. I’m not sure what to think of the fence but it was cool to check it out.

Nice riding with you again Doug.

Wayne

After Breakfast in Boulevard getting ready to head out.

post-3040-1238381808_thumb.jpg

Looking East

post-3040-1238381928_thumb.jpg

Same spot looking west.

post-3040-1238381942_thumb.jpg

post-3040-1238381950_thumb.jpg

I think they're getting tired of me taking pictures

post-3040-1238381960_thumb.jpg

post-3040-1238381997_thumb.jpg

Bob spots a drug smuggler

post-3040-1238382006_thumb.jpg

View east from Patriots Point

post-3040-1238382017_thumb.jpg

post-3040-1238382026_thumb.jpg

It's Big!

post-3040-1238382035_thumb.jpg

The Human zoo

post-3040-1238382046_thumb.jpg

Digdoug working the down hill

post-3040-1238382055_thumb.jpg

Digdoug again

post-3040-1238382065_thumb.jpg

Saturday, Digdoug , Martoon my friend Bob and I met up in Boulevard and rode the Border fence from there to Tecate.

On the pavement getting to Boulevard it was pretty windy but once we got off road the weather was perfect. The riding was pretty easy and the pace was mellow.

Saw 1 snake some Border Patrol and a lot of fence. I’m not sure what to think of the fence but it was cool to check it out.

Nice riding with you again Doug.

Wayne

Interesting Wayne. Never thought of riding the fence. Seems risky.

Awesome pictures Wayne! Wish I could have made it. The adventure bikes looked like a good match for that terrain. What are those logs in the middle of the fireroad for?

Awesome pictures Wayne! Wish I could have made it. The adventure bikes looked like a good match for that terrain. What are those logs in the middle of the fireroad for?

They are those long snake like water shed things...they aren't logs though they sure do look like them in that picture. :good:

Those snake things are for diverting the water. they are made out of hay or grass wrapped in wire mesh. The 1st time you hit one you do wonder what to to expect but they're very soft and not a problem.

I think shock means the anti-tank looking logs... If so, they are to prevent tanks from riding the fire road...

Thanks for the great big bike border ride!!! I had a good time on a beautiful day poking around an area I hadn't been before. It took us a few tries to make it to the border (darned "private property" signs) but that's part of the fun. Here's a few pictures (minus commentary).

Let's do it again!!!!

img0144mwi.jpg

img0147y.jpg

img0149p.jpg

img0152lqj.jpg

img0153p.jpg

img0154itq.jpg

img0157s.jpg

img0158tci.jpg

img0162xsq.jpg

img0164wgk.jpg

img0167o.jpg

img0170t.jpg

I found a 3 foot long Speckled Kingsnake stretched out across the trail while I was trail riding last weekend. He was blocking the entire trail. I rolled up and pinched him a little with my front tire, but he seemed unimpressed and didn't move. So I rolled back, grabbed a handful of dirt and pitched it on him. Surprisingly, that made him wriggle off of the trail quite quickly.

close up of that snake thing....appears to be an actual SNAKE!!!! :o

i tell ya perspective makes a difference!!!

B)

On Sunday, my wife, Mickey and I headed out to Mortero Wash in the truck to do a little hiking and exploring. We hiked to Indian Hill and were checking out some areas, having a good time. I decided to scramble up a dry waterfall and see what was up there when I heard something in the trail ahead of me:

img0219medium.jpg

A diamondback was sunning himself on the rocks and I would have surely stepped on him had he not "warned" (aka - scared the living crap out of me) with his rattle. He retreated into this crevice before I could get the camera out. That sucker was probably 5-6 ft long and rattled the whole time we were taking pictures.

Then, on the way back in the truck, his little brother was stretched out across the road:

img0224medium.jpg

He didn't move a muscle as we snapped pictures. Mickey finally moved behind them, unintentionally casting a shadow - which woke him up from his nap and he SLOWLY moved off the road - looking pissed off:

img0230medium.jpg

Watch your step out there!!!

Those snake things are for diverting the water. they are made out of hay or grass wrapped in wire mesh. The 1st time you hit one you do wonder what to to expect but they're very soft and not a problem.

Those would be called waddles I believe.

img0219medium.jpg

Hey Doug. Why would you be so stupid as to get that close to a rattler? I thought you went to college. You do know that they can strike quite a distance don’t you. See if I follow you anywhere again. I can see it now “Hey Roger, come here and see what I found”. B)

img0224medium.jpg

Watch your step out there!!!

I was once riding my mountain bike down a rather steep hill. Someone on the side of the trail, who was also on a mountain bike, was waving me down. Actually it was more of a flailing of the arms. Well, I am watching this person and before coming to the person i hear and feel a thump thump B) ... sure enough I had just run over a large rattle snake B). If the person only would have just pointed down at it instead of drawing my attention away from the actual danger I would not have run it over :ok:. Well at least it did not bite me.

Josh

Hey Doug. Why would you be so stupid as to get that close to a rattler? I thought you went to college. You do know that they can strike quite a distance don’t you. See if I follow you anywhere again. I can see it now “Hey Roger, come here and see what I found”. :o

Let's just say I have a decent zoom on the new camera - I was a good 10-12 feet back from him. Although that didn't feel like enough distance with the rattle going off!!! :angry: