Sign in to follow this  
Jaynen

Grrrl's Bike

So my wife wants to come to DD because I am going back to the Desert for a mens only retreat the weekend after, and this coming weekend she is going to Sacramento for the three day weekend. We will probably putt around or do some riding between the times that I am volunteering with registration etc.

I have essentially the choice between fixing a flat tire and bringing her quad, or getting a new green sticker for my old bike and bringing that (drz 250) but its still a bit too tall for her. If it had a kouba link or something it would probably be fine but as it is when she stops riding she has a hard time keeping the bike up.

Anybody going to have an extra wife friendly sized bike that might be available? Kind of trying to see if she will even go for a bike then we can look at either modifying the DRZ or selling it and the quad and finding her something more suitable.

So my wife wants to come to DD because I am going back to the Desert for a mens only retreat the weekend after, and this coming weekend she is going to Sacramento for the three day weekend. We will probably putt around or do some riding between the times that I am volunteering with registration etc.

I have essentially the choice between fixing a flat tire and bringing her quad, or getting a new green sticker for my old bike and bringing that (drz 250) but its still a bit too tall for her. If it had a kouba link or something it would probably be fine but as it is when she stops riding she has a hard time keeping the bike up.

Anybody going to have an extra wife friendly sized bike that might be available? Kind of trying to see if she will even go for a bike then we can look at either modifying the DRZ or selling it and the quad and finding her something more suitable.

Hi Jay

My wife will be comming also. See my PM.

Don

I have a honda crf 150 that I can bring out, it is the old style, not the high out put crf

It's nice to see a group of people coming together to keep another quad out of the desert. :angry::lol: :lol: B)

perfect, Jason! i will be there with my 12 year old son... i can bring the TW200, which is essentially "half the quad, all the tard"

i will be volunteering and not riding the dash, so will have the same schedule as you, and I know the areas to ride

Well with all the sand? Im assuming it might be a frustrating place to get acquainted with a bike, but I would like to get her to try a bike and not revert to the quad :angry: I rode a TW200 for my MSF class.

Are you not sweeping then slut? I can't remember everyones job assignments. The TW200 might be perfect for her, shes 5'4" but I thought I remember it being pretty low

I've got a CRF230 that's plated up for grabs also.

Awesome. Sounds like she will be covered thanks to you guys. She will be happy.

Well with all the sand? Im assuming it might be a frustrating place to get acquainted with a bike, but I would like to get her to try a bike and not revert to the quad :angry: I rode a TW200 for my MSF class.

Are you not sweeping then slut? I can't remember everyones job assignments. The TW200 might be perfect for her, shes 5'4" but I thought I remember it being pretty low

my son is only a little taller and he can ride it... i'm not sweeping now, because I am doing the dad thing... I am bringing a truck and a trailer, so an extra bike won't be an issue. Have her bring her own gear (duh)... a TW200 is pretty easy to ride, and not bad in sand due to the phat tires yo... not a lot of power... roughly equal to my mountain bike in my prime... Fine for Plaster City and Ocotillo Wells

My wife refuses to give up and will keep up, but I think right now she doesnt need power just something low enough she can balance on so that sounds great. We will have all our gear of course.

The beauty of the TW is that it's plated. Otherwise you'll have to truck the bikes to an OHV area (Ocotillo Wells or Plaster City). With the plated bike (assuming you're both all legal) you could ride in the state park, closer to camp...

The reason I said plaster city is because it is closed to lunch on Saturday for us lunch hander outers,

Looks like it may just be me this weekend. So you don't need to bring that extra bike if you don't want the hassle. Wife was gone last weekend and kind of wants to stay home plus we couldnt find a dog sitter for the puppy

Looks like it may just be me this weekend. So you don't need to bring that extra bike if you don't want the hassle. Wife was gone last weekend and kind of wants to stay home plus we couldnt find a dog sitter for the puppy

I won't bring it, then...