Sign in to follow this  
SDlineman

Superstition President's weekend (Feb 13-16)

The family and some friends will be back out in Superstition for President's weekend. Last time we camped off Wheeler Rd. at mile marker #3. I'm guessing we will be in that same area. If you will be out there, stop by and say hi. Hopefully we'll get some more cool scenery like this:

IMG_8064.jpg

My rig:

DSC02905.jpg

The family and some friends will be back out in Superstition for President's weekend.

I'll be out there sometime in the early evening this Friday (I hope :angry: )......we'll be in our usual spot......go to this thread for info/pics of my rig

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2058

hey Chris, the wife and kids and I are going out there for the day on Sun. I'll ride over with the 12 yr old and at least say howdy. we'll be meeting some people by the mud hills.

Tom

I'll be out there sometime in the early evening this Friday (I hope :angry: )......we'll be in our usual spot......go to this thread for info/pics of my rig

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2058

And if you don't get out there until after dark - watch for Crawdaddy's signature nighttime signal: :lol:

pc060004largejo8.jpg

I might be bachelor-ing it this weekend, and need to an ops-check on some repairs on the EXC before the Dash... I might swing by one or both campsites for a day-ride...

Is everyone still planning on going? The lady at Ramona Cycle Supply said this storm is going to be worse than the last one. I haven't cancelled yet, but I'm thinking about it.

The weather report on my computer shows that the rain won't be as heavy as the last storm. :)

Guest Chris&Tammy

Sounds fun but is kind of far for us, if no one wants to do anything local we may head down.

C&T

Hey all,

It looks like a bunch of us will be haeding out and camping by the mud hills just north of wheeler road. I may cruise by and introduce myself if I see your rigs parked around.

I will have a toybox pulled by a blue dodge ram with a yellow fire sticker in the rear window, riding a XR650R with a big 5 gal tank.

be safe,

Chip

Is everyone still planning on going? The lady at Ramona Cycle Supply said this storm is going to be worse than the last one. I haven't cancelled yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Weather looks fine: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findwe...ast?query=92259

I'm heading out Friday night.....plan on staying until Sunday afternoon (minimum) rather than bailing after the morning ride as usual......may even stay Sunday night and split Monday morning......undecided......may also fine tune a few DD tracks Randy.....

We are still in, leaving Ramona about 4 (hopefully). We will probably leave Sunday evening, depending on the weather.

Just checked weather.com too, they backed off on their predictions of wind all weekend, which was what I was mostly worried about. Here's to a great weekend at Superstition!