boat440

Don't Read This If You Have An Electric Start Bike

When I'm riding my DRZ400, yes I wish I had the magic button. But when I'm riding my EXC530 and getting nasty thumb cramps, I wish back to the DRZ.

Now I seem to recall Steve furiously kicking a 530, brought to a ride, that had not been started for "months", trying to get that on the road. As I recall, you used the magic mix of BOTH the button and the kickstarter.

Wonder what that means....

When I'm riding my DRZ400, yes I wish I had the magic button. But when I'm riding my EXC530 and getting nasty thumb cramps, I wish back to the DRZ.

Now I seem to recall Steve furiously kicking a 530, brought to a ride, that had not been started for "months", trying to get that on the road. As I recall, you used the magic mix of BOTH the button and the kickstarter.

I don't know what it means, but what I do know, that was one fine day of riding. :unsure:

As I recall, you used the magic mix of BOTH the button and the kickstarter.

FN, That's what I mean by going both ways. I seem to recall you fancy that also.

Joliet, that was one fine day

I kick when able, button when I'm not. I don't wanna wear the starter out.

*shrug*

Okay, I know my TE has the magic button, but it is really easy to kickstart, even in tennis shoes. Push kickstarter down till it meets resistance, then pull in the compression release, push the kickstarter a little further, release compression release, let the kickstarter come back up and then give a kick, cracking the throttle the tiniest bit.. Use the hot start button if the bike has been dropped or the if it has been stalled in hot weather. :lol: If the bike is cold, pull out the enrichening knob and give the throttle a couple of twists to get the accelerator pump to squirt a little gas into the carb venturi, then use no throttle.

Fake, Foney, Fraud

No e-start capable bikes allowed.

Please remove the previous post from the record.

Come over here and make me remove it, tough guy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll fight you with one hand tied behind your back....I'll fight you with both hands tied behind your back. :unsure:

Okay, I know my TE has the magic button, but it is really easy to kickstart, even in tennis shoes. Push kickstarter down till it meets resistance, then pull in the compression release, push the kickstarter a little further, release compression release, let the kickstarter come back up and then give a kick, cracking the throttle the tiniest bit.. Use the hot start button if the bike has been dropped or the if it has been stalled in hot weather. ^_^ If the bike is cold, pull out the enrichening knob and give the throttle a couple of twists to get the accelerator pump to squirt a little gas into the carb venturi, then use no throttle.

Fake, Foney, Fraud

No e-start capable bikes allowed.

Please remove the previous post from the record.

Come over here and make me remove it, tough guy. ;) ;) ;):lol: I'll fight you with one hand tied behind your back....I'll fight you with both hands tied behind your back. :wacko:

Wizard of Oz.... Right?? Name that quote?