Sign in to follow this  
Strega

Bradshaw Bomb Run III

I did this ride last year and had a bunch of fun on my 450. Gonna take the KTM this year though as it's suited for big bikes.

Information is here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412902

** EDIT **

Those in for the BBQ need to post by tonight if you have not already done so. Jan 22nd!! (Post in the ADVRider thread above)

Otherwise, you're on your own for food on Saturday night.

--

Gearheart and his Pops are the guys hosting the event starting from the east side of the Salton Sea. It will travel east out towards Palo Verde for lunch, and back. The top loop is a little piece I put together for a short Sunday ride if anyone was so inclined. The loop on the far right goes over to the Palo Verde Opal Mine.

View in Google Maps

or

View in Google Earth

My GPS Tracks from last year: HERE

My PICS from last year: HERE

The accommodations are either you bring your toybox or a tent. There is running water, a shower, and a working toilet. No Hookups.

I'd rather not do this alone, but I will. Anyone interested? Let me know. My tent is 15x12ft, and fits 2 queen sized air mattresses :angry: The "Friday Freeway Loop" is a technical loop, the Saturday ride is lollipop ride to Palo Verde, but still fun. Some guys take some hardways on the way back.

BAGSTR? Riceless???

Pics from last year:

The Tent:

bradshawbombrun200853.jpg

Me:

bradshawbombrun200874.jpg

Lunch:

bradshawbombrun200880.jpg

Dinner: ($10, a bargain)

bradshawbombrun2008102.jpg

Running water:

bradshawbombrun2008127.jpg

Looks like a really cool ride, if only I didn't have so many family obligations and so little cash I would go on every weekend trip posted here.

Damn! Enjoy!

Looks like a really cool ride, if only I didn't have so many family obligations and so little cash I would go on every weekend trip posted here.

Damn! Enjoy!

Ditto that. There are always all kinds of wonderful adventures posted here, that I have to be content with taking the armchair tour of after the others return. :angry:

I am up for this one, your personal pictures made me want to do it. Looks like alot of technical fun. I will bring my toy box. Do the bikes have to be street legal????

You can get away with a green sticker if you stay in the dirt on the side of the road into town for lunch. The technical loop is done on Friday, the "Friday Freeway Loop", usually a very small group, 8-10 guys do that. Close to 30-40 on the Sat ride. Sat is a lollypop ride to Palo Verde, but fun to open the bike up.

Too much to chose from, too little time.

Man, your bike used to look HOT, blue.... :angry:

Great pics....wish I could go.

I'm hoping I can still make it, this is a fun event <_< Not real technical by any means, but a good group!

I am up for this one, your personal pictures made me want to do it. Looks like alot of technical fun. I will bring my toy box. Do the bikes have to be street legal????

I am out of this one, I can only make it saturday and found out the difficult ride was friday.