bikeslut

Bar Pink

Urban Solace is a very cool little restaurant in North Park on 30th (I think), just south of University on the west side of the street... it's hard to describe the food, but soul comfort food sounds familiar...

Strega or Fake Name may be able to better explain it... I'll be there with my wife before...

The Tighten Ups at Bar Pink... right next door... we'll go on about 10

Anybody that has seen this band, feel free to comment honestly, but from my side of the stage, I think we are entertaining, although a little less "polished and professional" than I would like to be... again; Strega and Fake Name could have an opinion..

I think dinner & a show (entertaining/polished or not) would go over well on the home front.

Count us in.

Who, me? An opinion? Nah.

Ok, well if pressed.

Urban Solace is one of the finest on the 30th street strip that includes culinary gems like The Linkery, Leftys, and SeaRocket Bistro. Highly recommended!

Now the band- I think I'd kill to see them. I know I've taken a little heat at home, but their playlist is a string of extremely musical but not necessarily mainstream numbers. They put on a great show- the lead defines bawdy, and knows how to sing and to entertain. It's a great bar band. I both love music, but hate crowded bars, so I need to be very picky. And the Tighten-ups are worth every minute.

p

Who, me? An opinion? Nah.

Ok, well if pressed.

Urban Solace is one of the finest on the 30th street strip that includes culinary gems like The Linkery, Leftys, and SeaRocket Bistro. Highly recommended!

Now the band- I think I'd kill to see them. I know I've taken a little heat at home, but their playlist is a string of extremely musical but not necessarily mainstream numbers. They put on a great show- the lead defines bawdy, and knows how to sing and to entertain. It's a great bar band. I both love music, but hate crowded bars, so I need to be very picky. And the Tighten-ups are worth every minute.

p

you being sarcastic?

OK- I believe in underpromising, and over delivering... we are entertaining...

this is our lead singer

LJ.jpg

I have experienced both the restaurant and the band, both of which are TOP notch. I'd highly recommend them. Urban Solace is BUSY, you NEED a reservation or you're gonna wait a WHILE.

Here's a new spot on 30th: http://www.toronadosd.com/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html with possibly the best selection of beer in town- probably even the strawberry stuff Strega (ironic screen name) touts. They also sell food. Might be an alternative to Urban Solace. Wife and I tried to get a table there Friday night. It was 7 and they were booked all the way past 10.

p