Sign in to follow this  
Dirtdiver

A quick southern Baja 4 day trip.

All, I was thinking about a 4 day trip where we would blast south to Guerro Negro on slab in one day. Then spend two days on the dirt exploring between Punta Abreojos and La Asuncion. Dirt roads and double track. Explore the coast. Big ADV bikes and camp the whole way. Finally, a one day blast back north. I am thinking of sometime in the next month. Any interest?

steve

All, I was thinking about a 4 day trip where we would blast south to Guerro Negro on slab in one day. Then spend two days on the dirt exploring between Punta Abreojos and La Asuncion. Dirt roads and double track. Explore the coast. Big ADV bikes and camp the whole way. Finally, a one day blast back north. I am thinking of sometime in the next month. Any interest?

steve

My experiences in Mexico have been 100% positive. The only trouble I get is at the border with the US guards. This would be a fast, easy ride on graded dirt roads. At least that would be our going in position. B) steve

According to this posting on ADVRider Baja is becoming more and more "paved" ........

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420079

I read the same thread. I kind of feel that yes, they are making "progress" by paving roads but there is still plenty of dirt left down there. So much development in Mexico seems to be 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. Cabo is an exception...but a lot of Mex still is like the wild west. I love it down there. steve

Well, this has evolved to a 3 day trip leaving early Friday. My wife and I are going to camp the first night just south of El Rosario and explore the coast. The second night we need to move north and will probably camp on the beach around Camalu. We need to be home Sunday at 3pm.

If anyone has a wild hair and wants to jump in at the last minute that would be fine. email me at: sdbarbw@san.rr.com

steve

I'd like to explore down there, but the timing for this trip just wasn't right for me. I have a DRZ400 as my do everything bike, but I've done 300 miles days on it.

Ouch! My butt gets sore just remembering.

I had a DRZ and remember those butt sore days! Since then I wondered if an aftermarket seat would have helped. I need a mid sized dirt bike that is street legal. At this point I either go green stickered with my crf250x or plated with the 990.

Anyway, I am back from baja and my report is here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438177

Anyway, I am back from baja and my report is here

Cool ride/report.......nice that the gal-pal is willing to partake in the fun on the Adventure Sled.......a dump full of Sea Urchins??? :blink: .....who would've ever imagined that! ;) . Thanks for the report :unsure::huh:

My wife would be up for that trip....as soon as I can figure out how to tow the toybox with the WR! Great ride & good for your wife enjoying it with you.

Good times. :unsure: