Crawdaddy

2009 BBTR Bar 10 Ride, April 25th/26th

FYI - The 2009 Bar 10 ride with Big Bear Trail Riders will be April 25th/26th......flyer will be out in a week or so......this ride is BIG BIKE FRIENDLY

Trip Report from last years ride can be found here: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2523

My Favorite photo from this trip…..father and son (Doug and Mickey) heading down to view the Colorado River from the banks of the Grand Canyon.

100_0522.jpg

Other 2009 BBTR rides in near term: http://bigbeartrailriders.com/content.aspx...3&vm=Future

Chris- Have you decided to go?

I won't be going with the BBTR group "if" I go earlier in April with my son......haven't worked that out yet......we may head out that way when he's out of school the week of April 6th......figure we might hit Vegas/ride Red Rocks, then head east to Mesquite and ride over to the Bar 10 and back, then make our way further east towards Moab for a few days......then hit 5MOH on the way back from Moab......another stop in Vegas........and back home.....very preliminary.....good bonding trip before he splits for the Military.....

But I wanted to hang it out there for anyone who might be interested so they can start laying the ground work for the hall pass and start planning/saving $$.......it's a really fun experience and I highly recommend it......BIG BIKE FRIENDLY TERRAIN......though you might want to pass on the hardway option on the way back if you're on a really big tanker.....it would be no problem for my 620.....

I've been a member of BBTR for ~5(?) years....good guys and this is a good/fun "family" event......NO LICENSE PLATE REQUIRED FOR THE BAR 10 RIDE.......some guys had their boys/wives on small 4 strokes (125L, etc.)......it's not a technical ride but very scenic in a big country/wide open spaces sorta way....and the group camaraderie is pretty fun......the BBTR group leases the entire facility.....~70 riders.....you'll need to join up/sign up early if you're interested.....this event will sell out fast.....

This is going to be a tough one. My wife's bday is the 25th. Not an absolute show stopper, just going to take a little finesse.

This looks like a great ride. Who's thinking about it/in so far?

the pics from last year are awesome. How big mileage is it per day?

100 in and 120 back out if you opt to ride the hardway option on the way out.....it's not that hard....I made it to Bar 10 without even hitting reserve.......easy trail/good mileage

This is going to be a tough one. My wife's bday is the 25th. Not an absolute show stopper, just going to take a little finesse.

Need one of my letters? Worked for SlutMan.

you DO realize that she thinks that you are a REAL PASTOR, right?

So you better learn Ephesians right quick, bub... might I suggest 1:7 for when she finds out you are NOT a real pastor?

13:4 corinthians is one that I'll need to quote... especially the patience part

I need to do a little discovery, take a temp check, then yes, I might need the letter.

I'll warm up my fingers. In the meantime, speculate on your wife's weaknesses- does she respond to the "church" appeal? Is she vulnerable to the logic approach (I can consult with Zeno). The bargaining- an offer of a spa day with the girls? Or the therapy approach, including a little trip down the Amago highway, " This is what I hear you saying, please correct me if I'm wrong- I hear you saying that you really love Erick, and want your life to be richer, and your relationship stronger-a new level is that right?"

Just let me know. I'll happily roll out the BS. I am, after all, in the advertising business, and did both design and copy before plummeting to the depths of commercial photography.

I have a green light for this one. I'll eval to see if my son & son-in-law are in which would leave one spot in the truck trailer combo.

Registration is open http://bigbeartrailriders.com/content.aspx...p;item_id=76187

My only concern is gas. There is a mention of the ranch selling gas...is that a guarantee for this ride?

Update: Hotel Reservations made. They don't have the group rate yet (or even know about it) so you'll get the $89 per night 'til it gets straightened out. Emailed BBTR organizer to reserve 2. Couldn't get thru the online reg.

Update2: Have to join BBTR or be a guest. Joined, registered. 63 slots left after my S-I-L joins/regs.

Update 3: 56 slots left. Son, S-i-Law going. 1 seat left in the truck for whoever wants it. Will be towing a trailer so 2 in the bed, 2 on the trailer.

I'll warm up my fingers. In the meantime, speculate on your wife's weaknesses- does she respond to the "church" appeal? Is she vulnerable to the logic approach (I can consult with Zeno). The bargaining- an offer of a spa day with the girls? Or the therapy approach, including a little trip down the Amago highway, " This is what I hear you saying, please correct me if I'm wrong- I hear you saying that you really love Erick, and want your life to be richer, and your relationship stronger-a new level is that right?"

Just let me know. I'll happily roll out the BS. I am, after all, in the advertising business, and did both design and copy before plummeting to the depths of commercial photography.

Sounds like you have things nailed down. B)B) I'll start the process, I may need to call the hotline though. I'll let you know. Thanks!

I won't be going with the BBTR group "if" I go earlier in April with my son......haven't worked that out yet......we may head out that way when he's out of school the week of April 6th......figure we might hit Vegas/ride Red Rocks, then head east to Mesquite and ride over to the Bar 10 and back, then make our way further east towards Moab for a few days......then hit 5MOH on the way back from Moab......another stop in Vegas........and back home.....very preliminary.....good bonding trip before he splits for the Military.....

5MOH on the 620??? I gotta see this!!!! B) B) B) B) B)

I still haven't decided whether I want to do the Bar-10 ride, but those that do should sign up quickly - it's space limited and fills up quickly... I'm trying to decide whether I should do Bar-10 or save my money and kitchen passes for another Moab trip and a trip to my Dad's further north...

5MOH on the 620??? I gotta see this!!!! B) B) B):oB)

I still haven't decided whether I want to do the Bar-10 ride, but those that do should sign up quickly - it's space limited and fills up quickly... I'm trying to decide whether I should do Bar-10 or save my money and kitchen passes for another Moab trip and a trip to my Dad's further north...

B) No, wouldn't be using the 620 at Moab or 5MOH.....light is right for that terrain.....would be taking two little bikes for those rides.....my 520 and a 400 or 450 (whatever I'm able to borrow B)B)B):D )

B) No, wouldn't be using the 620 at Moab or 5MOH.....light is right for that terrain.....would be taking two little bikes for those rides.....my 520 and a 400 or 450 (whatever I'm able to borrow)

No bout a doubt it!!! B)

I was just looking at the pictures from 5MOH this past weekend... I've been working out and I'm ready to go back and give it another shot!!! Now for the weather to warm up...

Anyways - sorry about the hijack... B)

If I did this one I most probably can't do Westfest but this one is also probably easier to swing overall

Flyer/Application has been posted - Better move fast if you're interested: http://bigbeartrailriders.com/content.aspx...p;item_id=76187

FYI - The 2009 Bar 10 ride with Big Bear Trail Riders will be April 25th/26th......flyer will be out in a week or so......this ride is BIG BIKE FRIENDLY

Trip Report from last years ride can be found here: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2523

My Favorite photo from this trip…..father and son (Doug and Mickey) heading down to view the Colorado River from the banks of the Grand Canyon.

100_0522.jpg

Other 2009 BBTR rides in near term: http://bigbeartrailriders.com/content.aspx...3&vm=Future

arrgh. Same night as the fundraiser for the foundation I chair.

I'm out.

This looks like a great opportunity for me to explore some new areas. I will likely have to choose between this and Death Valley.

Interest Level is high!

I will likely have to choose between this and Death Valley.

If you can only work one hall pass I'd choose Death Valley.......closer to home, longer ride, less expensive, plenty of cool scenery.........the Bar 10 ride is a great "Family" event.......no license plate required for younger riders and/or quad-tards that may want to tag along......

Chris- Have you decided to go?

I won't be going with the BBTR group "if" I go earlier in April with my son......haven't worked that out yet......we may head out that way when he's out of school the week of April 6th......

As I stated above, I decided to pass on the organized ride this year.......I'll be riding over to the BAR 10 with my two boys - Jarrett & the adopted kid (Strega) - on the 4th.......that said, I figured I oughta bump this thread again since it's been about a month and a half since I first posted it....I know TrophyHunter is signed up for the BBTR ride on April 25th/26th with his son and I also know the ride isn't sold out yet - BUT IT WILL SELL OUT - ......so you might want to consider it if you have a spouse/kid on a non street plated bike and you're looking for a good/fun road trip :lol::rolleyes:

I'm still have the one spot in the truck/trailer combo. Up Friday, eval stay over Sunday / back Monday or drive home after the ride out.

If someone wants to truckpool, plz let me know as I'm going to configure for 3 bikes on the truck unless a 4th (requiring the trailer) sounds off.

There are 35 spots left. I think the economy (or lack thereof) is affecting folks committing to the $300 needed. Figure $125 for the ride, $25 to join BBTR so you can go (unless you can find a "family" member to sign up under), gas & food, $80 for the hotel Friday (& again Sunday if you stay over...I'm kinda voting for at least get back to state line Sunday night)....$25 at "bills".

Also, after measuring everything this weekend, I'm putting 3 in the truck & not taking the trailer. That way I can "legally" go 70 across the desert instead of 55.

Sorry if this inconveniences anyone but I just had to consider the mind numbing drone of slower "trailer" speeds for hours on end.